Anyone Else Not Give a **** About the Troops?

255743571_4777672062254589_7519620061848442684_n.jpg

Hero worship is obnoxious. As someone that worked critical care throughout both waves of COVID in NY, I rolled my eyes at how much everyone around me was soaking up their newfound "hero" status. My job even went as far as to give us head wraps that said "HERO" in big letters across the forehead and people wore them without any shame.

Once they allowed annual visits again, I went to my PCPs office and saw "Heroes Work Here" signs outside the office. So I got a bit concerned about possibly catching the virus, so I asked the screener if they were seeing people with COVID, and she goes, "Oh, God, no. Those are strictly virtual. ":stoneface: :stoneface:

Also, the nurse selfies were cringe from the very beginning. The only thing that ever went through my mind whenever I came across one was, "jeez, I wonder how many takes it took to get this one." Of course, if you did anything but call them brave people lost their ****.

Last edited:
The whole essential worker thing was laughable. I was working one day and this dude pulled up. I died laughing, turns out his truck went viral online. :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg
Essential was just another word for “we’re not following rules”. Funny how the most essential also was the lowest paying jobs huh?

Hero worship is obnoxious. As someone that worked critical care throughout both waves of COVID in NY, I rolled my eyes at how much everyone around me was soaking up their newfound "hero" status. My job even went as far as to give us head wraps that said "HERO" in big letters across the forehead and people wore them without any shame.

giphy.gif

I'll cut slack for those that were conscripted, but I'm not gonna kowtow to someone because they signed up to do a dangerous job.
I tell everyone at my hospital sarcastically whenever they do anything, “ not all heroes wear capes”
:lol:

Yea I wasn't about that medical heroes nonsense. I'm not doing this to be a hero. As long as the money is good and they have enough PPE and safety measures in place I'm good. Save the hero worship.

Just had a run in with one. Expected me to just move out his way and roll out the red carpet.

Your lips work, you can say excuse me.

i wasn't a combat vet so i don't even feel like i have any sort of room to act extra to begin with :lol:

non-combat vets who do are even more super cringe

So long as the rest of the world has a reliance on American interests being protected, that protection “of a few” gives way to the protection of the many.

Back
Top Bottom