Anyone else sick of ESPN?

Originally Posted by goosebear10

be thankful youre not in canada where there are three all day sports channels but only cover hockey,hockey,curling,hockey and the cfl..oh and complain about how the raptors dont get any "american" respect..now back to hockey..

Word.

It's terrible up there. I can't take it. It's like a personal hell whenever I visit during b-ball season. I come back to the States totally out ofthe loop.
smh.gif

I guess it's the same way Canadians feel when they visit here. Cuz SC's coverage of hockey is terrible at best.
laugh.gif

They make jokes now like "ok, here we go... some hockey highlights MIDWAY through the show!". Or "ok, back to the greatest sport in theworld... hockey!" followed by a quick clip or two after both statements. Both comments were made on the early Sat. broadcasts.
laugh.gif

I can't even bear to watch a Lakers game on ESPN anymore because of the drama they make out of the Kobe situation. Plus, they have some of the worstannouncers out there. Hubie and JVG need to jump back to TNT.

Originally Posted by pikeDT

agreed, fsn is worse.

When Fox Sports Network game abroad, I was hoping they would be better than ESPN. I guess that's an afterthought.

JR5

The East Coast bias on ESPN is insane.
I understand that they're located in Conn. but they need to show sports from a NATIONAL perspective, not an East Coast / New England perspective.

The worst is their constant, incessant slurping of the Red Sox. If you got all your baseball knowledge from ESPN you wouldn't even know that there is anybaseball played outside of Boston or New York...and you wouldn't know that the National League exists.

As for their NBA coverage, I can't take any network seriously that would put a screaming moronic bafoon like Stephen A Smith on the air.

And college Basketball...you'd think Duke was located in Bristol for as much as they worship Duke.

I must say, however that aside from NBA, their game coverage is very good. Their college basketball broadcasts are excellent as well as their baseballbroadcasts. They don't employ morons like Chip Caray and Josh Lewin to do baseball...they have good baseball play by play guys like John Miller and DaveO'Brien

Yup. Can't stand ESPN anymore. All of a sudden I turn on every single ESPN network and every channel has the same thing, BREAKING NEWS BARRY BONDS INDICTED

eyes.gif
Do they really have to blow every story up?

Back
Top Bottom