Anyone else think the RA 13's are ruining JB?

I have been collecting for only like six years now so i'm not trying to call myself og but i do have my grails that i love (fire red 3's, cg 4's, playoff 12's, Flint 13's from '05)
pimp.gif
 I think its terrible that JB is trying to make some new retros so rare that their becoming "instant grails" (Ray Allen 13's). I think these shoes are ruining everything JB stands for and just provoking the hypebeasts. I honestly think a lot of people would have passed on the RA 13's if they were a GR but since their impossible to get their hands on everyone wants them.
tired.gif

I sometimes think JB is laughing at the hypebeasts and limits pairs to gas up the resellers. 
roll.gif

Does anyone else feel the same???

I have been collecting for only like six years now so i'm not trying to call myself og but i do have my grails that i love (fire red 3's, cg 4's, playoff 12's, Flint 13's from '05)
pimp.gif
 I think its terrible that JB is trying to make some new retros so rare that their becoming "instant grails" (Ray Allen 13's). I think these shoes are ruining everything JB stands for and just provoking the hypebeasts. I honestly think a lot of people would have passed on the RA 13's if they were a GR but since their impossible to get their hands on everyone wants them.
tired.gif

I sometimes think JB is laughing at the hypebeasts and limits pairs to gas up the resellers. 
roll.gif

Does anyone else feel the same???

i dont know if using the RA 13's was a good example, because i'd be doubling up if they were a general release. Thats a dope shoe, but not $500+ dope.

if these were a gr.... people would not have passed on them.. I mean they are a part of history mi amigo

if these were a gr.... people would not have passed on them.. I mean they are a part of history mi amigo

i dont know if using the RA 13's was a good example, because i'd be doubling up if they were a general release. Thats a dope shoe, but not $500+ dope.

*maybe not pass on them.. but there is NO WAY they would have received this kind of hype if they were a GR

*maybe not pass on them.. but there is NO WAY they would have received this kind of hype if they were a GR

of course not. But it would still generate lots of hype though. Its not like these are Delonte West's 13's.

I like it. I've already thrown in the towel on these because my only REAL shot (since i dont camp out and wait in line extra early like the hardcore, or have any real connects) at getting these is through resell. Not going to pay $500+, but it makes me want them even more. I can pay it, but i cant justify it for a pair of shoes.

I'm jealous of those who get these. Should have tried to cop on one of the sites for $450 when i had a shot. pair on ebay going for $660 right now with 3 days left!

of course not. But it would still generate lots of hype though. Its not like these are Delonte West's 13's.

I like it. I've already thrown in the towel on these because my only REAL shot (since i dont camp out and wait in line extra early like the hardcore, or have any real connects) at getting these is through resell. Not going to pay $500+, but it makes me want them even more. I can pay it, but i cant justify it for a pair of shoes.

I'm jealous of those who get these. Should have tried to cop on one of the sites for $450 when i had a shot. pair on ebay going for $660 right now with 3 days left!

The Ray Allen XIII's history only applies if you're interested in it...so if these were general release they'd sell, but I doubt they'd sell well in all markets in the country. Your average mall goer that buys Jordans just for looks doesn't give a crap what Ray Allen did in these shoes..all that concerns them is if the shoes themselves are hot...

And it's alot more than some limited PE XIII's that cause the ongoing issues over there...

The Ray Allen XIII's history only applies if you're interested in it...so if these were general release they'd sell, but I doubt they'd sell well in all markets in the country. Your average mall goer that buys Jordans just for looks doesn't give a crap what Ray Allen did in these shoes..all that concerns them is if the shoes themselves are hot...

And it's alot more than some limited PE XIII's that cause the ongoing issues over there...

Would you buy the RA 13's if you could easily get them for retail?
For the sake of it, assume the reality that they are in fact limited.
Am interested. Your position on that is unclear.

Sounds a little like sour grapes but I don't think you'd admit that.
But I do agree that a lot of the limited shoes actually look bad to begin with.
So with that honest mindset, I really don't care about most of these limited joints.

I may consider someone suspect if they even have an "instant grail." In my opinion,
though it is a free world, ya shoulda made up your mind what you like before ya get into
the mo of blindly forking over payment after payment to Nike. All these cats with their
grail(s) switching from day to day - yall are suspect.

Would you buy the RA 13's if you could easily get them for retail?
For the sake of it, assume the reality that they are in fact limited.
Am interested. Your position on that is unclear.

Sounds a little like sour grapes but I don't think you'd admit that.
But I do agree that a lot of the limited shoes actually look bad to begin with.
So with that honest mindset, I really don't care about most of these limited joints.

I may consider someone suspect if they even have an "instant grail." In my opinion,
though it is a free world, ya shoulda made up your mind what you like before ya get into
the mo of blindly forking over payment after payment to Nike. All these cats with their
grail(s) switching from day to day - yall are suspect.

I thought JB was all about "creating the chase"?
That's what they are doing here...
Either way, they're pretty plain.
White/Green? Come on, too simple!

I thought JB was all about "creating the chase"?
That's what they are doing here...
Either way, they're pretty plain.
White/Green? Come on, too simple!

old tricks.

the bins ruined jb to me. this is just sad that ray's 'honoured' with a shoe that mostly won't be worn.

/seasalt
wink.gif

old tricks.

the bins ruined jb to me. this is just sad that ray's 'honoured' with a shoe that mostly won't be worn.

/seasalt
wink.gif

yawns*

i should be done with the NT bible by the end of this year, hopefully

which would answer all current and future up&coming questions

Back
Top Bottom