Anyone else think the RA 13's are ruining JB?

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Majority of "sneakerheads" are just hypebeasts.
I wouldn't say that, but I would say that the majority of people who buy Jordans are. All of you have to remember that just because a shoe is limited does not mean that it will sell well. A lot of "limited" shoes these days sell just because of resellers and if the shoe isn't in demand then they will learn the hard way and will be stuck with a shoe that is worthless. This shoe DIDN'T ruin JB at all. IMO these are all hype and for some shoes that's all JB needs for them to sell. It worked.....Why are some of you so hurt about these anyways? If you don't like em then don't buy em. JB will come back at us with some other gimmick and people will fall for it again just like they always do. If JB made all of their stuff GR, there wouldn't be very much demand now would there? Limited shoes are nothing new and its kind of odd to see some of the high up NT heads reacting like they did to these.

JB isn't provoking HBs at all, or rather they aren't trying to. HBs are a product of the resale market and the popularity of the shoes. If the shoes weren't worth so much or if everyone wasn't talking about them, the HBs wouldn't be Jordans. By doing limited runs, JB is increasing demand....

Grail- something that most likely is too expensive or too hard to find and that you probably won't attain. This is different from favorite as dunkadelic said.  

Majority of "sneakerheads" are just hypebeasts.
I wouldn't say that, but I would say that the majority of people who buy Jordans are. All of you have to remember that just because a shoe is limited does not mean that it will sell well. A lot of "limited" shoes these days sell just because of resellers and if the shoe isn't in demand then they will learn the hard way and will be stuck with a shoe that is worthless. This shoe DIDN'T ruin JB at all. IMO these are all hype and for some shoes that's all JB needs for them to sell. It worked.....Why are some of you so hurt about these anyways? If you don't like em then don't buy em. JB will come back at us with some other gimmick and people will fall for it again just like they always do. If JB made all of their stuff GR, there wouldn't be very much demand now would there? Limited shoes are nothing new and its kind of odd to see some of the high up NT heads reacting like they did to these.

JB isn't provoking HBs at all, or rather they aren't trying to. HBs are a product of the resale market and the popularity of the shoes. If the shoes weren't worth so much or if everyone wasn't talking about them, the HBs wouldn't be Jordans. By doing limited runs, JB is increasing demand....

Grail- something that most likely is too expensive or too hard to find and that you probably won't attain. This is different from favorite as dunkadelic said.  

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Would you buy the RA 13's if you could easily get them for retail?
For the sake of it, assume the reality that they are in fact limited.
Am interested. Your position on that is unclear.

Sounds a little like sour grapes but I don't think you'd admit that.
But I do agree that a lot of the limited shoes actually look bad to begin with.
So with that honest mindset, I really don't care about most of these limited joints.

I may consider someone suspect if they even have an "instant grail." In my opinion,
though it is a free world, ya shoulda made up your mind what you like before ya get into
the mo of blindly forking over payment after payment to Nike. All these cats with their
grail(s) switching from day to day - yall are suspect.
Well said...

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Would you buy the RA 13's if you could easily get them for retail?
For the sake of it, assume the reality that they are in fact limited.
Am interested. Your position on that is unclear.

Sounds a little like sour grapes but I don't think you'd admit that.
But I do agree that a lot of the limited shoes actually look bad to begin with.
So with that honest mindset, I really don't care about most of these limited joints.

I may consider someone suspect if they even have an "instant grail." In my opinion,
though it is a free world, ya shoulda made up your mind what you like before ya get into
the mo of blindly forking over payment after payment to Nike. All these cats with their
grail(s) switching from day to day - yall are suspect.
Well said...

I hate to break it to you, but Jordan Brand was well on its way to being ruined by the time you started collecting 6 years ago.

Not trying to be rude/a **** but that's how I feel.

I hate to break it to you, but Jordan Brand was well on its way to being ruined by the time you started collecting 6 years ago.

Not trying to be rude/a **** but that's how I feel.

well said there is a difference between grail and fav
im a big ray ray fav since uconn,but i would'nt consider them my grails
i just wish them would be a couple thousand pairs than just around a 1000 from what i heard,and not ready to drop $500-1000 either
there is nothing we can do to make JB better,except stop coping,but i dont see that happening
to many resellers,hypebeast,people that just wear js cause its the newest cw out or the pair everybody else is wearing
my grails 1995 powder Xs (1st Pair ),99 cements,91 infareds,sept blues

well said there is a difference between grail and fav
im a big ray ray fav since uconn,but i would'nt consider them my grails
i just wish them would be a couple thousand pairs than just around a 1000 from what i heard,and not ready to drop $500-1000 either
there is nothing we can do to make JB better,except stop coping,but i dont see that happening
to many resellers,hypebeast,people that just wear js cause its the newest cw out or the pair everybody else is wearing
my grails 1995 powder Xs (1st Pair ),99 cements,91 infareds,sept blues

Hell no people wouldn't be lining up to buy these if they were a GR.  Majority of "sneakerheads" are just hypebeasts.

You do know a lot of people lined up for every jordan 13 released within the last 9 months? even flints that got retroed for the 3rd time. They may not have sold out right away in all stores....but they didn't go on discount either. Hell who am I asking some people even lined up for jordan fusions. Not sure where you are getting at. Only exception may be overseas since their retail price is even higher.

Hell no people wouldn't be lining up to buy these if they were a GR.  Majority of "sneakerheads" are just hypebeasts.

You do know a lot of people lined up for every jordan 13 released within the last 9 months? even flints that got retroed for the 3rd time. They may not have sold out right away in all stores....but they didn't go on discount either. Hell who am I asking some people even lined up for jordan fusions. Not sure where you are getting at. Only exception may be overseas since their retail price is even higher.

I don't think it's ruining the brand, though I do feel that it pisses off a lot of collectors. I agree with those that say these wouldn't do too well if it was a GR, well at least relative to the Playoffs and Flints. Remember when the XIV of a similar colourway came out? Those XIV's didn't do too well in my area. The white/red XIII's was an OG colourway and it didn't sell as well as the Playoff or Flints in my area, I'm thinking this colourway would have been similar or perhaps slower in terms of selling.

I don't think it's ruining the brand, though I do feel that it pisses off a lot of collectors. I agree with those that say these wouldn't do too well if it was a GR, well at least relative to the Playoffs and Flints. Remember when the XIV of a similar colourway came out? Those XIV's didn't do too well in my area. The white/red XIII's was an OG colourway and it didn't sell as well as the Playoff or Flints in my area, I'm thinking this colourway would have been similar or perhaps slower in terms of selling.

Yes when I look at the Ray Allen 13's, I say to my self: Damn.. this shoe is ruining the jordan brand company.

Yes when I look at the Ray Allen 13's, I say to my self: Damn.. this shoe is ruining the jordan brand company.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

If they were a GR they would still sell out in a short period of time......these aren't team jordans we talking about here.lol These are jordan 13s and significance of them is high.

Which puzzles cats on why would why JB limit a sneaker of such significance? A sneakerIs only as dope as da context behind it.

Originally Posted by toughmoney

If they were a GR they would still sell out in a short period of time......these aren't team jordans we talking about here.lol These are jordan 13s and significance of them is high.

Which puzzles cats on why would why JB limit a sneaker of such significance? A sneakerIs only as dope as da context behind it.

well

all i could tell you is i sold a size 8.5 of the ray allan 8's (that i was going to keep since there was 40 pairs released of each colorway) that only released at the first house of hoops in harlem back in the winter of 2008 to one person who tried to play it off as someone who was buying the shoe for himself who made a fee off another reseller for $2500.00 and that reseller sold the shoes for $4500.00

so if your about making money its all good in the hood

if your not about "that reselling life" then limited shoes suck
when someone offers you that much money for a nights work for cheap swede and plastic you would be stupid to say no 

well

all i could tell you is i sold a size 8.5 of the ray allan 8's (that i was going to keep since there was 40 pairs released of each colorway) that only released at the first house of hoops in harlem back in the winter of 2008 to one person who tried to play it off as someone who was buying the shoe for himself who made a fee off another reseller for $2500.00 and that reseller sold the shoes for $4500.00

so if your about making money its all good in the hood

if your not about "that reselling life" then limited shoes suck
when someone offers you that much money for a nights work for cheap swede and plastic you would be stupid to say no 

Originally Posted by dunkadelic2k3

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

STILL DON'T GET WHY PEOPLE CONTINUE TO ARGUE OR BASH SOMEONE ELSE'S OPINION, AS IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHANGE IT....

WHAT IS YOUR GRAIL? TELL ME, SO I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE WRONG....

QFT...They are called "his" grail for a reason. NT has really become a place where people just hate on another and try to get LULZ from others.
There is a difference between "grail" and "favorite". People often get them confused nowadays. At the very least "grail" would imply that they are very hard to find or are priced so high that most people could not afford them. The fact that OP has four "grails" that were general releases after 2001 would lead me to believe that he doesn't know what a "grail" is.

Back to the topic at hand, JB has been doing limited releases for years now to build up hype - remember the og Cool Grey XI release? This is nothing new, so I don't see why we're talking about it now with the Ray XIII release. It's part of their business model, and it seems to have been working for quite a while.

So your saying that people are no longer allowed to call space jams or cool grey "grails" because they were general released in the last couple years?

Back
Top Bottom