Anyone ever been stabbed in the back by their boss/supervisor?

Im assuming some have... how did you deal with it?

Cliffs of my story:

Got an exception granted to put in for a new position from my boss...

She explicitly states she doesnt wanna lose me but understands I have goals and aspirations and feels Im rdy

Its crunchtime for picking the winning candidate for the new position...  I get put on PROBATION for failing to lock some small things up 2 weeks ago the DAYYY i get an email about my restriction profile being updated (I now have acess to all the files I should for the new role)

Now that im on probation im unable to put in for any new positions for 90 days and the end of my promotion (or accept any job offers)

Instead of continuing to impress I now have a black mark on my file....

Essientally instead of my boss being hinest and saying she couldnt get by without me for the summer she put me on probation to force me to stay or quit (she gets me or no one does)

Options

++++++++

1: quit.... they did me grimey why should I still put in any amount of effort

2:ask for a transfer to another location doing the same work.... jus to spite my cuniving boss

3. fight the whole thing in attempt to get the promotion I feel I deserve (problem with this is I was technically in the wrong, and she did give me a verbal/written warning about policies)

(mind you NONE of my transgressions would have taken place had I jus been promoted to the new job to begin with)

Im already filling out applications to work for another institution. 9 months wasted though potentially ughhhh

I don't know it depends what you do. Sounds like it's pretty hard to get in whatever you do in the first place.

I'd start applying with different companies and work for someone else. They did you dirty so I'd leave too.

I've had a ton of broken promises. In my field I can just walk out middle finger waving call someone and be working somewhere new tomorrow.

I'd just line up a new job and put your two weeks in.

Last edited:
Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Don't quit just to get back at them and end up at a new job you hate/make significantly less money or at a new location that's too far from your home.

Have something better or at least similar lined up.

Last edited:
Not really gonna speak on what you should do because its your descion and im sure you will decide whats best for you.

But i have to commend the fact that you admit your fault in the situation. Dealing with people here I always have to hear excuses about why the mistake happened or how it wasn't their fault and it gets on my last nerves.

In terms of me being stabbed in the back it hasn't happened yet but it can really happen to anyone. I just try to protect myself and my name with everything im attached to at work. It can be real dog eat dog when you try to move up the ladder.

To be honest, from the options you listed, it sounds like it's your own fault (#3). Maybe your boss didnt do you over, you did it to yourself?

Youre leaving yourself with some poor options.

Looking for another job is a good choice, but while in your current predicament, just take it, whether you want to own up to it or not, you still need to handle business accordingly.

3. fight the whole thing in attempt to get the promotion I feel I deserve (problem with this is I was technically in the wrong, and she did give me a verbal/written warning about policies)

What's the issue again?

The person who put your probation on can't take it off?
I'd go to the source. Admit fault.. explain why it is a learning experience and ask them to kindly remove the status to allow you the promotion.
and as a last resort.. see if the person with control over that black mark would like a "charitable donation" to the coughcharitycough of their choice as a community service for your mistake.

To be honest, from the options you listed, it sounds like it's your own fault (#3). Maybe your boss didnt do you over, you did it to yourself?

I certaintly gave her the rope to hang me sure. But she still manipulated.used. and lied to me for her own personal benefit

Youre leaving yourself with some poor options.

Looking for another job is a good choice, but while in your current predicament, just take it, whether you want to own up to it or not, you still need to handle business accordingly.

Im at work right now Pleighboi

Technically breaking p&p again smh. Funny part is I could write my boss up for the same things everyday. Litterally. Everyyy day.

It doesnt pay to give 110% guise. Remember always blend in. Mediocrity is everything. If you jeporadize thaylt youll jus get taken adavntage of

not necessarily back-stabbed, but been on the receiving end of office politics more than a few times...mostly told one thing and shown something else...luckily, it didn't play with my money too much and I'm now on a different project because another manager asked if i wanted to come on...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom