Anyone ever been to a NASCAR race?

My dad and I are thinking about going to the NASCAR all star race on May 21st in Charlotte.
We are not NASCAR fans, we have never watched NASCAR on TV, and we only want to go for the cultural aspect. I want to see why NASCAR is the largest spectator sport in the world.*

Can anyone of you weigh in on if the Allstar race would be a good race to see for our first time?

Where is the best place to sit on the track?

What should we expect?

Tips for first timers?

Any help or insight into the world of NASCAR would be appreciated.

f1jbzd.jpg

qxuxx3.gif

*I am referring to live spectators. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway holds 260,000 people.

My dad and I are thinking about going to the NASCAR all star race on May 21st in Charlotte.
We are not NASCAR fans, we have never watched NASCAR on TV, and we only want to go for the cultural aspect. I want to see why NASCAR is the largest spectator sport in the world.*

Can anyone of you weigh in on if the Allstar race would be a good race to see for our first time?

Where is the best place to sit on the track?

What should we expect?

Tips for first timers?

Any help or insight into the world of NASCAR would be appreciated.

f1jbzd.jpg

qxuxx3.gif

*I am referring to live spectators. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway holds 260,000 people.

My moms boyfriend when I was like 6 yo living in WPB Florida had connects at Daytona. Went to the races all the time back then, I still talk to him and he goes to the 500 every year still. I have pictures of me in like 1992 in the garages at Daytona before the weekend.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Great place to check out women wearing not a whole lot and get $#!+faced.
laugh.gif

My moms boyfriend when I was like 6 yo living in WPB Florida had connects at Daytona. Went to the races all the time back then, I still talk to him and he goes to the 500 every year still. I have pictures of me in like 1992 in the garages at Daytona before the weekend.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Great place to check out women wearing not a whole lot and get $#!+faced.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
nascar banger tracks are the best, like talladega. In field if you can, otherwise somewhere in the shade. I've never been, not a lot of tracks in this part of the US but I'm kinda WT so I dig the racing
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
nascar banger tracks are the best, like talladega. In field if you can, otherwise somewhere in the shade. I've never been, not a lot of tracks in this part of the US but I'm kinda WT so I dig the racing
laugh.gif

I've been to a race in Charlotte. Its awesome. Bring a cooler of Bud heavies, a pack of smokes and settle in for some great race & people watching.

I've been to a race in Charlotte. Its awesome. Bring a cooler of Bud heavies, a pack of smokes and settle in for some great race & people watching.

I've been to races, never NASCAR CUP.. I did live around Richmond Int Raceway tho and its like a superbowl at every time the race came to town......

All-Star Race would be a perfect first race.

If I were you I would try to pay attention to the build up. Like practice, and qualifying. It puts the actual race into perspective. Who needs to finish where, points they get for running a certian position during the race yadda yadda yadda.

I've been to races, never NASCAR CUP.. I did live around Richmond Int Raceway tho and its like a superbowl at every time the race came to town......

All-Star Race would be a perfect first race.

If I were you I would try to pay attention to the build up. Like practice, and qualifying. It puts the actual race into perspective. Who needs to finish where, points they get for running a certian position during the race yadda yadda yadda.

Nascar races are awesome.  
Indy 500 is the BEST. It's BYOB, and infield tickets are around 20-25.

Great times. I went last year and will again this year. Hillbillies everywhere, and the food is good too.

It's
pimp.gif
.. Recommend to all

Nascar races are awesome.  
Indy 500 is the BEST. It's BYOB, and infield tickets are around 20-25.

Great times. I went last year and will again this year. Hillbillies everywhere, and the food is good too.

It's
pimp.gif
.. Recommend to all

fun as hell. do it. sit high on the track if you want to be able to see everything. they are building a tv at charlotte thats bigger than the one at cowboys stadium 
laugh.gif

fun as hell. do it. sit high on the track if you want to be able to see everything. they are building a tv at charlotte thats bigger than the one at cowboys stadium 
laugh.gif

BennyPowers,

How could I learn about all that you just said?

Are the people friendly?

My dad looks kind of white but I'm definitely a bit darker looking that he is (he's colombian, im half). No problems?

BennyPowers,

How could I learn about all that you just said?

Are the people friendly?

My dad looks kind of white but I'm definitely a bit darker looking that he is (he's colombian, im half). No problems?

i go to pocono almost every year. its best to sit to the right of the the finish line since that is when they are just gaining speed

i go to pocono almost every year. its best to sit to the right of the the finish line since that is when they are just gaining speed

Back
Top Bottom