Anyone ever sell shoes on Craigslist??

I've had good luck selling shoes on CL. I've sold Retro 3s, 4s, 5s, 8s, and 13s on there. I got my asking price on all the pairs and all were sold within a couple of days.

It beats selling online because you meet locally and do the transaction live with no fee(s).

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

so im selling a pair of shoes and the guy said he cant drive bc he doesnt have a car and wants me to meet up, the price i put it is higher than what he could get them for on ebay, so it made me suspect about him since the day we were suppose to meet i called him 30 minutes before to confirm so i didnt waste my time driving there and his phone was turned off for the next 1.5 hours and only got his generic voicemail which was his phone number repeated, then he emails me saying it was a crazy day and asked when i could meet again.

fishy?? he was willing to pay the $10 i asked for gas and time since i would be driving to him. what do you guys think? should i contact him to meet him again or what?

nope, don't waste your time.

if you are the one who is doing the selling you should not be the one driving to meet them, it should be the other way around.

craigslist shouldn't be your only source for exposure, but it's free and a listing is quick to put up, so why not? i've sold a pair of shoes on there before, and i do check regularly for other kicks.

So, all thing considered...what is the best place to sell some kicks?

What venue is going to yield the highest profit after shipping and fees?

just posted the shoes in my sig for a 2nd time on CL.  first time i got some hits but the guys flaked.

so far I just got a scam e-mail talkin about wantin to pay me $50 more than I'm asking, etc..
eyes.gif

smh.gif

Yeah, but be carful, do not ship unless they pay you first with paypal. try to set up a meetup

Cl needs to make a shoe section like 4real. I go on there every few days to look for shoes but that means i have to go threw 5 pages just to spot one pair for sale
frown.gif

Cl needs to make a shoe section like 4real. I go on there every few days to look for shoes but that means i have to go threw 5 pages just to spot one pair for sale
frown.gif

frown.gif

Craigslist is horrible for selling shoes. I met up with some guy who wanted my Olympic 7's, in my posting I specifically said there was minor creasing along with pics to prove it. When he saw the kicks he was like na man those aren't the ones you posted. He was like sorry man too creased 
mad.gif
I was like if you wanted more pics you should have asked me. Another time some lady bought some air max 180s off me saying these are the kicks her friend wanted for their bday. She calls me the next day saying this wasn't the right pair of kicks. But she didn't bother returning them to me. Point of the stories just stick to NT and ISS, people who know what shoes they want and know what questions to ask. 

tongue.gif
Dips3tRydah wrote:

Craigslist is horrible for selling shoes. I met up with some guy who wanted my Olympic 7's, in my posting I specifically said there was minor creasing along with pics to prove it. When he saw the kicks he was like na man those aren't the ones you posted. He was like sorry man too creased 
mad.gif
I was like if you wanted more pics you should have asked me. Another time some lady bought some air max 180s off me saying these are the kicks her friend wanted for their bday. She calls me the next day saying this wasn't the right pair of kicks. But she didn't bother returning them to me. Point of the stories just stick to NT and ISS, people who know what shoes they want and know what questions to ask. 

You have to look at the bright side sometimes. I sold a pair of beat up Military 4's to this one kid( possibly a highschool kid, he looks young and didn't have a sense of fashion at all. He worn a baggy t shirt and baggy jeans and had on some beat up DC shoes and a Miami dolphins fitted). I literally balled in those military's and they did not seem to have any life in them. Sold it to him for 90 bucks. I got the shoes for 120 DS 

Back
Top Bottom