Anyone experienced returning flawed pairs to Nike Park? (UPDATE on Page 2: 25 June 2009)

My gray stealths XX3's got unusually ripped in the toebox while playing bball recently. I say unusual because the patent part just torefrom where it's stitched BUT the stitches remain intact. It's not big right now, maybe about an inch but I'm afraid it'll just get worse.

I was thinking if I could return it back to Nike Park because of the flaw. It's definitely not usual wear and tear as I've used up my other XX3s morebut they're still solidly intact. Btw, I always keep all my receipts in case I'll ever need them in the future.

Has anyone experienced returning shoes to Park? How do they go about deciding if the damage/flaw is out of the ordinary and not due to mishandling or normalwear and tear?

^^^ Hope you get it replaced, pare. Clearly defective in quality and you have every right to claim for a replacement or something

^ thanks. i hope so too. i got them April 2008 so i hope that's not gonna be a problem. i'll call it in first thing in the morning and i'll mostlikely swing by Park Eastwood as well.

I recently returned a ds pair which i bought a couple of months ago, good thing I kept the receipt. I didnt notice until recently that the panelling in theleft shoe was glued all wrong. I never really opened the box until that time because I had a couple other pairs of same shoe that I was already using. I washoping to get another pair of the same, but unfortunately they couldn't find one in my size. They were replaced with another shoe. They were ds though andweren't even tried on, hope this helps.

^ Was it easy or did they give you a hard time? I think I'll be able to successfully argue my case on the defect. I don't mind getting a differentmodel as I don't expect them to still carry XX3s around. I will expect to get the same value if ever though.

It was relatively easy, but I brought them back when the manager wasn't around so I had to wait until the following day. They called me up telling me thatthey were going to look for another pair, but when they couldn't find one I settled for a different model.

i bought a pair of jordan ii's in the philippines..i used them in practice and the sole ripped while i was playing defense..i brought them back the nextday and they said there's nothing they can do about it..in terms of returns/exchange in the phils,dont get ur hopes too high..i had my receipt and the guythat helped me,was the same guy that sold me the shoes..

nike should really do something about situations like this in the phils..u pay 6k php for a pair of shoes,expecting ur shoes to last u a few years..my shoesripped after 4 days..
i live in canada n i've come across a few problems with some nike shoes..whenever i come across the problems,i take'em back n never have problems trynaexchange or return the item(s)..

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

It was relatively easy, but I brought them back when the manager wasn't around so I had to wait until the following day. They called me up telling me that they were going to look for another pair, but when they couldn't find one I settled for a different model.
I guess I need to double check if the manager is there so I don't have to wait or go back another day. Will call later and I'll updateaccordingly. Hope it goes well.

sorry this is out of topic, did some of you guys experienced gettin over charged by NP? i bought my penny 2's for 7495, which is overprice by 1k, cameback the other day only to found out im being over charged. i asked the store manager, they said that they cannot refund the money but can give me a 1k off thenext purchase but cannot use my vip card. i did the math and still i found out im gettin the short end of the stick. since im the "suki" of the storei didnt bother to complain anymore.

almost happened to me, good thing i didn't pull the trigger and went to another nike park nearby. they shouldve returned your money though.

Originally Posted by jason16

sorry this is out of topic, did some of you guys experienced gettin over charged by NP? i bought my penny 2's for 7495, which is overprice by 1k, came back the other day only to found out im being over charged. i asked the store manager, they said that they cannot refund the money but can give me a 1k off the next purchase but cannot use my vip card. i did the math and still i found out im gettin the short end of the stick. since im the "suki" of the store i didnt bother to complain anymore.

atat kasi e!
roll.gif

sorry this is out of topic, did some of you guys experienced gettin over charged by NP? i bought my penny 2's for 7495, which is overprice by 1k, came back the other day only to found out im being over charged. i asked the store manager, they said that they cannot refund the money but can give me a 1k off the next purchase but cannot use my vip card. i did the math and still i found out im gettin the short end of the stick. since im the "suki" of the store i didnt bother to complain anymore.
Which branch was this? That's just plain wrong. I would've threatened them with the quickness and dialed DTI.

i ask for an exchange about a few times already. I've done it with my ds kobe strengths, it has an unusual damage because the sock-liner and the tonguewere already ripping a part.
so i have it returned and at that time my size were no longer available. so they ask me to wait for a couple of days for them to find my size and they did.

for high profile release like SE/LE. you have to go to the head office because they have a certain process to have it checked. they have people there thattakes care about quality issues not only for shoes but for apparels and other stuff too.
so far, i have a good experience with them and they have a very good people there that will help you out. it's a lil bit hassle for a consumer but it'sall good because you know that this things will be taken care of
smokin.gif

kingcrux31 wrote:
jason16 wrote:

Which branch was this? That's just plain wrong. I would've threatened them with the quickness and dialed DTI.

i ask a store supervisor about the pricing of the penny and they said just bring the shoe and the receipt and they will arrange for the refund.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

sm mla np
smile.gif
. anyway the guy got fired last month for "violating" some store policies. he had this coming all along.. for the suki of this branch prolly knew this guy.

brought my XX3s to Eastwood yday and the store manager said he'll bring it to head office to get it checked plus fix the paperwork. he'll get back tome daw by next week.

hope it works out.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

My gray stealths XX3's got unusually ripped in the toebox while playing bball recently. I say unusual because the patent part just tore from where it's stitched BUT the stitches remain intact. It's not big right now, maybe about an inch but I'm afraid it'll just get worse.

I was thinking if I could return it back to Nike Park because of the flaw. It's definitely not usual wear and tear as I've used up my other XX3s more but they're still solidly intact. Btw, I always keep all my receipts in case I'll ever need them in the future.

Has anyone experienced returning shoes to Park? How do they go about deciding if the damage/flaw is out of the ordinary and not due to mishandling or normal wear and tear?

i assume they handle it on a case by case basis.

a picture would be beneficial to judge if it could be considered wear and tear or defect.

nike isn't really known as a durable sports shoe brand, and if you really use their shoes to play competitive sports, these shoes would last about 6 monthsto 1 year only. i have been patronizing nike tennis shoes since i was 12 years old until college, common areas that get broken due to wear and tear are innerlining tears, stitching tears in the forefoot, sole tear.

in your case, it would benefit you if you presented your other older / more used xx3s and show that the gray pair is a bad batch.

however they could easily dismiss your defective claim to be under wear and tear due to its use and length of time since purchase(over a year) despite yourother similar shoes.

DTI does not have a presbribed period for hidden defect claims, and they will consider the nature of the product.

Sadly if you ask me, shoes are really not meant to last long unlike say, a vehicle. A reasonable warranty claim for a shoe would be very short compared to avehicle. Just imagine if nike simply would allow claims of powdering ds sneakers and yellowing icey soles, then all of us would be lining up and returning ourold sneakers for newer ones. This too is the reason they will unlikely accept a defective claim for sneakers more than a year old. It would be a bad precedentfor them.

But a generally accepted period for local retailers would be one month from date of purchase.

Good luck, I hope the nike head office will grant your claim. Update us on what's their verdict.

Originally Posted by balongbalong

i assume they handle it on a case by case basis.

a picture would be beneficial to judge if it could be considered wear and tear or defect.

nike isn't really known as a durable sports shoe brand, and if you really use their shoes to play competitive sports, these shoes would last about 6 months to 1 year only. i have been patronizing nike tennis shoes since i was 12 years old until college, common areas that get broken due to wear and tear are inner lining tears, stitching tears in the forefoot, sole tear.

in your case, it would benefit you if you presented your other older / more used xx3s and show that the gray pair is a bad batch.

however they could easily dismiss your defective claim to be under wear and tear due to its use and length of time since purchase(over a year) despite your other similar shoes.

DTI does not have a presbribed period for hidden defect claims, and they will consider the nature of the product.

Sadly if you ask me, shoes are really not meant to last long unlike say, a vehicle. A reasonable warranty claim for a shoe would be very short compared to a vehicle. Just imagine if nike simply would allow claims of powdering ds sneakers and yellowing icey soles, then all of us would be lining up and returning our old sneakers for newer ones. This too is the reason they will unlikely accept a defective claim for sneakers more than a year old. It would be a bad precedent for them.

But a generally accepted period for local retailers would be one month from date of purchase.

Good luck, I hope the nike head office will grant your claim. Update us on what's their verdict.
The people at the store agreed with me on the tear, that it's quite improbably for that to happen due to normal wear. Also, haven't usedthat pair much even if it's about a year old plus my shoes only touch wood so soles are clean as a baby. My black stealths, on the other hand, are older,beat up as hell but are solidly intact.
laugh.gif

But yeah, I hope the Nike folks get it done right. I've even tempted to dispose of all my patent-based XX3s cause I'm afraid they'll rip at thetoebox too.

Anyway, I'll provide updates as they come. Wish me luck.

we really need a voucher system in place.right now if you're unlucky enough to end up with shoddy merch you're pretty much stuck with it.keep usupdated dude,hope they'll be a happy ending to this story.

So I called up Park Eastwood yesterday and I was told that my return/exchange was approved. They said to drop by as soon as possible to get my store credit.Couldn't go last night cause of the supposed typhoon which expectedly went MIA.

Anyway, I went there this afternoon and picked these up:

rcod47.jpg

Had to throw in a pair of socks because I had like less than a hundred pesos left from the Kobe 4 and the Air Match.

Props to Nike Philippines and Nike Park management. Thank you! Appreciate all the help.

Back
Top Bottom