Anyone get restricted on eBay lately??

Question for y'all (more of a rant). I'm basically a retired sneaker head. I have been on eBay since 1999. I recently decided to sell some sneakers on eBay so I could unload before my move to California. I listed 12 pairs, all with accurate descriptions and 100% legit shoes guaranteed. All of the sudden they pulled them all and put my account on restriction for concerns of authenticity / copyright. I have 204 feedback 100%.

Have you ever called eBay customer service. every single person is a lady that sounds like they speak with a british accent, likely india. They continue to give coined answers and are not allowed to explain anything! I kept asking her questions she couldn't answer, but in the end she basically advised me not to sell sneakers. LOL WTF! I was like "so basically you are banning me for ever selling shoes on eBay, even though they were 100% authentic and I have never once had a problem on eBay as a buyer or seller??" She said "well you have to realize not every buyer is going to be able to know what is authentic, we are trying to protect the buyer". I said but they ARE authentic so stop telling me that.

I told her, so you are telling me there was concerns over ALL 12 shoes? she said yes. I was selling my low end (2 pairs of DS ALIFE shoes for pennies starting, because there is no hype, and why would anyone fake ALIFEs?. Undrcrwn layups. haha, there's no fakes on these. And one BIN DS Jordan XX3's, which I just used the exact same pictures and legit checked the forum here, and they obviously checked out. some beater used SB's, all legit (SBs are where I know the most BTW). One lady had the nerve to say, "maybe next time do some more research" I got so offended. omg.

Has eBay lost their mind? I could understand if my pics were sketchy and I was a new seller in China or something. Jeez. I guess I'm done selling on eBay. Stockx and GOAT for now. Anyone else have similar issues?

i was selling some stuff for my wife and a competitor reported the stuff as fake because we were undercutting her prices. my wife found this out from some group that she was in and ebay was telling me the exact same crap they told you. anyway, they pulled all the auctions. i waited a week and added some wording guaranteeing authenticity and added pics of the email invoices. everything went smoothly after that.

i was selling some stuff for my wife and a competitor reported the stuff as fake because we were undercutting her prices. my wife found this out from some group that she was in and ebay was telling me the exact same crap they told you. anyway, they pulled all the auctions. i waited a week and added some wording guaranteeing authenticity and added pics of the email invoices. everything went smoothly after that.

That's the thing. My auctions guaranteed authenticity and stated I don't and have never dealt with fakes or replicas of any kind. Each had tagged photos at least 8-12 some with store price sticks still on the box from stores like active. I kept asking them over and over what was wrong with my listings so I can learn (I know there's nothing wrong I've bought and sold on various platforms for years). She told me nothing. And advised not to sell similar items again. Worst customer service of any major company I've ever dealt with.

Ebay bends over backwards for the buyer now.

Haha yeah that's an understatement. Even so much they kill the seller even BEFORE they allow a sale. The only thing I can think is that I listed a large number of shoes and they have come up with some sort of alogorithm to protect themselves only. To protect their own pocket in for 14 potential losses.

Their system is already set up for them the win no matter what. If a buyer complains they get their money back (which was put up by the seller anyways). It's a total scam. One day a big class action suit needs to come against them

That's the thing. My auctions guaranteed authenticity and stated I don't and have never dealt with fakes or replicas of any kind. Each had tagged photos at least 8-12 some with store price sticks still on the box from stores like active. I kept asking them over and over what was wrong with my listings so I can learn (I know there's nothing wrong I've bought and sold on various platforms for years). She told me nothing. And advised not to sell similar items again. Worst customer service of any major company I've ever dealt with.

you gotta try and get in contact with ebay of America.

you gotta try and get in contact with ebay of America.

eBay of america, hiding behind a call center in India. eBay has become a joke. Punishing clearly honest small time sellers and allowing blatant sellers of fake goods that I see time and time again to remain.

maybe I will continue to post on here and get to that 300 count so I can sell here later. Lol. I still have 150 pairs to sell one day:lol:

maybe you can make a legit check thread on here or something like that and add the link in your auction. that's stupid that they would pull your auctions when it would probably take 2 seconds to find a hundred fake shoe auctions on there right now.

maybe you can make a legit check thread on here or something like that and add the link in your auction. that's stupid that they would pull your auctions when it would probably take 2 seconds to find a hundred fake shoe auctions on there right now.

that's a good idea actually.

eBay of america, hiding behind a call center in India.

It used to be difficult to even get ebay's phone number.
Legal action may have convinced them to make it more available.

So they've been pulling stunts for years is all I'm saying.
Overall - it is more difficult for sellers now than it used to be.

I usually put everything as authentic, mention where it was aquired from, and I also mention all sales as-is, and all sales are final. No refunds.

I love / hate eBay.

I usually put everything as authentic, mention where it was aquired from, and I also mention all sales as-is, and all sales are final. No refunds.

I love / hate eBay.

That's what so baffling to me. On all I always state guaranteed authentic. I describe and picture them well and where I bought them from. I've been on eBay for 18 years and have a perfect feedback as a buyer and seller and apparently me listing 14 pairs of shoes (even though I also explained I'm moving and need to sell part of my collection) wasn't good enough for their screeners.

I sold over 30 items in the past two weeks with no problem until I added shoes. Seems they want out of the shoe resell game

Back
Top Bottom