Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

That sounds unreal. I know ultra short throw projectors exist, but they are usually way out of normal consumer-level prices. I would love to have a projector but don't have the space to dedicate to it, and my gf will not approve of living like a vampire in our primary space just to accommodate the darkness requirements.

So I'm waiting to see who has the sickest, largest OLED for under five thousand this year.
I would go with the B6P for 4k but then again I like the integrated sound bar on the higher models. I was about to cop the z9 but I'm going to wait till the A1E comes out ... Although is using LG panels the X1 extreme is a beast as seen on the Z9 ... I wonder if it's going to get bright cause if it does ... RIP LG.

I was catching up on this thread.

Saw you aruging with jewseesay.

Now you're looking for another participant.

nothing new at all ...

I would go with the B6P for 4k but then again I like the integrated sound bar on the higher models. I was about to cop the z9 but I'm going to wait till the A1E comes out ... Although is using LG panels the X1 extreme is a beast as seen on the Z9 ... I wonder if it's going to get bright cause if it does ... RIP LG.
Yea, if CES wasn't around the corner, and I wasn't waiting until after my new house is built, I would buy the B6P right now. I've actually never heard of those other tv's you mentioned: Can they touch the black levels and contrast ratios of LG's OLEDs?

Yea, if CES wasn't around the corner, and I wasn't waiting until after my new house is built, I would buy the B6P right now. I've actually never heard of those other tv's you mentioned: Can they touch the black levels and contrast ratios of LG's OLEDs?
https://www.wired.com/2017/01/sony-bravia-oled-a1e/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/sony-xbr-a1e-oled-tv-ces-2017/

Last edited:
I like the fact that they are going to offer a 75 inch version, though I wish they would follow LG and support HDR10 and Dolby Vision.  It's a silly thing to get hung up on, but when i'm buying a tv for the next 6 years, I want to future proof as much as possible. Plus, by most accounts HDR is a more dramatic change to viewing than HD to 4K, so I don't want to be on the wrong side of a format war.

I was catching up on this thread.
Saw you aruging with jewseesay.
Now you're looking for another participant.
nothing new at all ...

let me correct you again .. I wasn't arguing with him .. He was arguing with someone else and I simply put my two cents .... But this has nothing to do with you quoting yourself from 2 years ago like somehow you are right. But keep throwing **** hoping it sticks ...

I like the fact that they are going to offer a 75 inch version, though I wish they would follow LG and support HDR10 and Dolby Vision.  It's a silly thing to get hung up on, but when i'm buying a tv for the next 6 years, I want to future proof as much as possible. Plus, by most accounts HDR is a more dramatic change to viewing than HD to 4K, so I don't want to be on the wrong side of a format war.
you are right but out it this way .. Sony also does movies and Sony has a gaming console... So most likely what they push is going to stick.

I think it's actually 77". I know the articles wrote 75", but I believe the video said the former. If you're dropping that much loot, may as well be as sure as you can be and not rush it. I'd spend more money on a TV if I either was settled in one place or watched more TV. I move every 4 or 5 years, but hopefully the next move is my last. Currently, I only really watch TV for sports, but I have watched more TV than usually the past month. Probably because of the holidays and all the bowl games, too lol

I have a feeling that the 75 or 77, whatever it is, is going to be exorbitantly priced. I know its significantly more screen real estate, but the jump from 65 to 75 is costing like an extra $15000, or at least it was on the LG OLEDs. Insanity.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm probably gonna have to settle for the 65 in whichever one I get in a couple of months.

I have a feeling that the 75 or 77, whatever it is, is going to be exorbitantly priced. I know its significantly more screen real estate, but the jump from 65 to 75 is costing like an extra $15000, or at least it was on the LG OLEDs. Insanity.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm probably gonna have to settle for the 65 in whichever one I get in a couple of months.
I'd agree. In some cases with the current sets, you could buy 2, or close to 2 65" sets for the price of 1 75". I can only imagine the increased hike for the additional 10'-12" on their OLED...

Last edited:
nothing new at all ...

Sony been doing 4k and 8k for a very very long time.

Now the news in CES is the Sony OLED and 4K projector that can display 4k and HDR up too 100inch from just 6 inches away.

Impressive ..

View media item 2287693
View media item 2287694

Taking advantage of the OLED’s backlight-less structure, Sony developed a new Acoustic Surface sound technology. Thanks to the ingenious design, the entire screen resonates with rich sound emanating directly from the screen itself.

Most would have a theater system with a TV this price but still a neat feature.

View media item 2287699
25K apparently and a lot smaller than Gen 1.

I saw something similar from Sony a few months back. Thing was like $50K and only sold in NYC and LA. Impressive nonetheless.

Yea, that was the first generation and one of the best designed tech IMO.

View media item 2287698
View media item 2287697

Well they said the Z9 will receive support for Dolby Vision and right now I'm sure it supports HDR 10 so I would expect their high end and flagships to support both from now on.

What are the app stores like for the ks8000 and the 850d? My parents have a regular Samsung smart tv and the App Store sucks. No sling or FXNOW.

If Sony pushes it, it will stick. Blue ray is Sony tech. It was (kinda) battling hd-DVD back in the day, and killed it. Interested in this a1-e now. Smh. Just pause tv tech for like 2 years so they can find the best TV in each price bracket and size bracket so we can flourish for awhile.

Last edited:
The A1E excites me. So does the LG wallpaper, which, I actually think is fairly priced at $8000, if rumors are correct. However, as someone who uses a receiver, center, and front channels, I wish that the manufacturers would just make a pure panel, no fancy speaker technology or soundbars to jack up the price needlessly. 

I'm not saying no speaker (although I wouldn't mind that either), but don't waste time or money on bleeding edge speaker tech that's going to inflate the price of the panel when all I care about is the picture quality.

(Holds breath for A1E pricing)

I just found out the other day that the A1E has a sub woofer in the kickstand alongside the speakers in the screen.

A very nice all in one solution.

The A1E excites me. So does the LG wallpaper, which, I actually think is fairly priced at $8000, if rumors are correct. However, as someone who uses a receiver, center, and front channels, I wish that the manufacturers would just make a pure panel, no fancy speaker technology or soundbars to jack up the price needlessly. 

I'm not saying no speaker (although I wouldn't mind that either), but don't waste time or money on bleeding edge speaker tech that's going to inflate the price of the panel when all I care about is the picture quality.

(Holds breath for A1E pricing)

Agreed.
Most people buying flagship TV's will buy a matching sound system for it so there's definitely a market for a TV focusing on just the picture.

Dunno how on earth the quality of the included soeakers is swaying cats on 5k plus sets... jus buy the best TV visually and worry about sound after

Dunno how on earth the quality of the included soeakers is swaying cats on 5k plus sets... jus buy the best TV visually and worry about sound after

what gets me is why you buying a $5k tv and have not even invested in your home theater audio? like are people seriously dropping $5k on tvs and using the built in speakers of the tv? :smh:

Last edited:
what gets me is why you buying a $5k tv and have not even invested in your home theater audio? like are people seriously dropping $5k on tvs and using the built in speakers of the tv? :smh:

Wordddddd ive never once considered the native sound capacity of a set i bought. Never.

3.1 systems are like 150 bucks nowadays hah not that id recommend but sheesh you cant come up with 700 for that sonos playbar and add on to it over time but u got 5 racks for a tv... [emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

So when do the 2016 models go on sale and the 2017 come out? I'm trying to figure out if I should grab a ks8000 now with some deals putting it in my price range or wait. I'm not moving into my new place till the earliest march so if I was to get it now it would be sitting in the box the whole time since I don't have the space for it currently. Will there be better prices then?

So when do the 2016 models go on sale and the 2017 come out? I'm trying to figure out if I should grab a ks8000 now with some deals putting it in my price range or wait. I'm not moving into my new place till the earliest march so if I was to get it now it would be sitting in the box the whole time since I don't have the space for it currently. Will there be better prices then?

Yes. Just wait

Im in the same boat as you. Ive been researching 4ks for a month the 8000 is perfect.

I know Bestbuy will drop prices on Samsungs next week on their website.

Check Bestbuy open box a few days throughout the week after the superbowl you might get a steal.

If you spot the 65' for around $1000 id jump on it

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on the Vizio M60-d0 at Costco. 60 inch, 120 HZ, HDR with both Dolby and HDR10 under 750. I couldn't resist. :smh:

May take it back if a better deal pops up between now and the Super Bowl though.

Last edited:

Im in the same boat as you. Ive been researching 4ks for a month the 8000 is perfect.

I know Bestbuy will drop prices on Samsungs next week on their website.

Check Bestbuy open box a few days throughout the week after the superbowl you might get a steal.

If you spot the 65' for around $1000 id jump on it
Monitor SlickDeals.net. Not condoning how they're going about getting their TVs, but IIRC, people were buying 65" 8000s for like $790 or somewhere there abouts at the end of '16  beginning of '17. Mind you, you have to be vigilant because the prices fluctuate rather frequently. Also, people try and charge for access the employee portal; however  if you search, there are insttructions on you how to access the employee's portal for free. Lastly, some people reported issues with their sets when they received them. Just something to bear in mind if you do decide to got that route...

Back
Top Bottom