Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-5...th-high-dynamic-range/5748208.p?skuId=5748208

5748208_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Sony - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with High Dynamic Range

I have this delivering on February 2nd, new apartment :pimp: . Will I need an adapter in order to hook up my N64 and/or PS1? :nerd: Anyone have a link to share, whether it be from Amazon or a different site?

Seen the back-lighting on JJ Watt's t.v (his Instagram posts) and it looks sick. Would definitely consider that if I can.

I mean sure if you want a 65" OLED then I agree.
But if you want a top dawg 75" then the 940E is my fave.

TVs keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm fairly sure a generation or two from now they'll be looking at our 65 inch tvs like we look at square tvs

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-5...th-high-dynamic-range/5748208.p?skuId=5748208

5748208_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Sony - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with High Dynamic Range

I have this delivering on February 2nd, new apartment :pimp: . Will I need an adapter in order to hook up my N64 and/or PS1? :nerd: Anyone have a link to share, whether it be from Amazon or a different site?

Seen the back-lighting on JJ Watt's t.v (his Instagram posts) and it looks sick. Would definitely consider that if I can.

for $200 more you might as well get the 900E the extra pricepoint is well worth the upgrades

This isnt my unit but its almost the same. I can either place my tv where they have it, or mount it on the wall to the left. These pics show you the distance from the couch to the wall

8ED94A8B-A9B5-4C71-B975-7D9249A221FD.jpeg

Layout is damn near identical to my condo. You'll have to measure that area and see what type of screen can fit in there. As mentioned before, in my case it was a 40-43" that was the best.

If you run anything bigger, it'll obstruct your washroom/bedroom/laundry room.

Layout is damn near identical to my condo. You'll have to measure that area and see what type of screen can fit in there. As mentioned before, in my case it was a 40-43" that was the best.

If you run anything bigger, it'll obstruct your washroom/bedroom/laundry room.

Just noticed youre from Canada. Would be hilarious if we lived in the same condo

Just noticed youre from Canada. Would be hilarious if we lived in the same condo

Lol fam I was trippin' at first when you posted those pictures but we're not in the same building. I used to live in the Markham area and the view outside the balcony didn't look familiar. :lol: My place was 600 sq. foot - one bedroom.

In all likelihood that TV corner is about 40-43" so the positive is that you'll save some money on a TV.

I agree. If the 900E is in your budget, I'd highly recommend it.

I would have gone with a 900E if it was in my budget.

Honestly not looking to spend $1K+ on a t.v. :lol: what's the main difference?

I'm sure the one I've already ordered will suffice.

40” tv is mad small. Just checked it out in person

I was looking at 60" but my girl and I agreed on 55". Still a fine size for the space it will be in.

Still unsure if I want it mounted or not. We have a t.v. stand, so maybe a slight mount above it, and not too high on the wall. Thoughts?

Honestly not looking to spend $1K+ on a t.v. :lol: what's the main difference?

I'm sure the one I've already ordered will suffice.

Main thing is native 120hz panel instead of 60.
-flad
-better motion handling processor
~200 nits brighter during hdr scenes.
Well worth the upgrade

The oled c7 will be in your budget

For the budget you put down, trust me this is the tv you want.

Great viewing angles, infinite contrast ratio, and it's future proof because it's capable of HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and other formats

So I don’t know anything about tv’s other than I need a new one. After doing some googling some of these are a little more than 2k. Are lg tv typically better for some reason?
get the B7 and save $1000 or use that extra cash to get a sound system with atmos

Just ordered the LG 65" B7A for the new apt. It'll come right in time for the Superbowl. I am concerned about the new place having a ton of natural light but shouldn't be too much of an issue with curtains.

Now I'm researching different home media server setups and NAS drives. I want to go all digital for the 4k movie collection understanding that physical discs are the best way to go for top quality. The hub will be set up next to the router and TV so maybe I can run an HDMI cable directly to the TV.

Any advice on that stuff would be appreciated.

Im in the process of buying my first home and will be looking to grab another TV. Im kinda worried about the amount of natural light at my new spot as well.

It kinda sucks cause ill be restricted on the size of the tv because it has to go above the fireplace and between two windows. I still have to measure.

Back
Top Bottom