Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

For Samsung if it aint at least 8000 series I wouldn't do it. Anything lower is a 60hz panel. Also the "HDR pro" on that TV doesn't get that bright so you don't see the effects of HDR. Check slickdeals.net for some deals they are trying to get rid of them because the NU model line (2018) is about to go on sale. That TV is a MU (2017) which was a step down from the KS (2016). This is a better buy and you might be able to price match

https://slickdeals.net/f/11349227-s...-pc-richard?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Good looks on that link I was able to pricematch at Best Buy and got it for 999.99!

Not too hardcore with tv settings but wanna get the best picture possible with this new tv. My question is why is movie mode the most suggested? I’m calibrating my tv similar to the settings for my
Tv on rtings.com and the picture seems too damn dark for my taste. Anyone have any input?

Not too hardcore with tv settings but wanna get the best picture possible with this new tv. My question is why is movie mode the most suggested? I’m calibrating my tv similar to the settings for my
Tv on rtings.com and the picture seems too damn dark for my taste. Anyone have any input?

just leave it on standard mode and if you have true motion go to custom and set the judder reduction to 7 and the blur reduction to 10

Best Buy and Amazon both have a pretty decent 3 for $50 UHD sale going on right now. Best Buy has newer releases like Dunkirk and Blade Runner 2049, while Amazon has a much more extensive list of catalog titles, including Interstellar. Unfortunately it looks like I am going to have to order 3 from each site to get all the titles I want... welp.

Best Buy and Amazon both have a pretty decent 3 for $50 UHD sale going on right now. Best Buy has newer releases like Dunkirk and Blade Runner 2049, while Amazon has a much more extensive list of catalog titles, including Interstellar. Unfortunately it looks like I am going to have to order 3 from each site to get all the titles I want... welp.
Was able to almost complete the Nolan Collection this way for a solid price. Just need to find The Prestige for cheap, they're tax'n all over the web for that one

Well that's annoying. I have Best Buy rewards I'm trying to use to knock the price down to 40, but out of the 16 movies they're letting you choose from, I'd only want 2 movies. The Dark Knight Rises and The Dark Knight.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11437367-6...-free-shipping-costco?page=11#commentsSection

Just copped this for $1155(not a member) for my new living room.

Ive been on the prowl for months now trying to get the best deal on a good TV.

I wanted an OLED but I couldnt justify the price. They will be getting cheaper and I wont be gaming on this TV, at least thats the plan.

I almost jumped on a Samsung MU9000 a few days ago for $1k but they werent supposed to ship for like a month so I passed.

Im a little leery because my living room/dining room space has a lot of windows and natural light...but no windows that will allow light to hit directly on the screen. From reading the comments on the link i posted, it seems like its a really good deal for a nice TV.

Thinking about selling my 55 KS8000 and my 65 KS9000 so I can get something 75 or larger for my living room. I know that eliminates OLED. What model would you guys recommend?

Thinking about selling my 55 KS8000 and my 65 KS9000 so I can get something 75 or larger for my living room. I know that eliminates OLED. What model would you guys recommend?

I saw a really nice sony on slickdeals for around $3500.

I'm not really in the market for a 75" so I'm not too informed on TV's in that range but I know the sale on that Sony is nice

Go with the 75 inch Sony 900F series. Its getting really good reviews on youtube and on AVS forums.

Fry’s

F4BEC3E1-3C01-4A46-8A5F-0D5FC235728E.png

8C69575A-9AE3-435C-8F8C-8D3ED67575C6.png

The 75 inch 940E is a great tv except I have read complaints of motion blur for folks that watch alot of sports.
The 930E is nice as well except for its edge lit. That is what I have no so it would be on the NO list for me. Plus it only gets as big as a 65 which is too small.

Something I jut realized I could do with my phone on my tv

TV is off. External speakers are off.

I could be on my phone just chillen on YouTube. If I decide to 'throw' my YouTube video onto the TV I just click something on my phone and the TV will turn, the speakers will turn on and it'll be playing the video I was watching on my phone. Pretty cool

If you were one of the lucky few who were able to snag a STEAL from Nebraska Furniture Mart...they had a limited stock, close out deal on LG OLED 65 inch BP7A for $1199. The local store here in KC had under 30 available and sold out in under 10 minutes. Tried about every big box retailer to price match to no avail.

Back
Top Bottom