Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

the cheap $3-$7 ones.. getting high end HDMI seems like a placebo to me .. I legit can' t tell the difference between a $100 HDMI and my under $10 brand

You shouldn't be able too as it's a digital signal. That said there is a difference in the HDMI specifications over the past decade so it might be worthwhile to replace 5+ year older HDMI cables with new ones that cost $3-7. If however you're going in excess of 25' cable length then it's generally recommended to get the more expensive cables.

You shouldn't be able too as it's a digital signal. That said there is a difference in the HDMI specifications over the past decade so it might be worthwhile to replace 5+ year older HDMI cables with new ones that cost $3-7. If however you're going in excess of 25' cable length then it's generally recommended to get the more expensive cables.

so why do people buy the expensive end thinking they will get better picture ?

HBO Go volume is hella low on my 800E, but t.v. streaming from YouTube TV, playing my XBox, etc is perfectly fine. Wonder what gives.

I Love You, Man. And I bought newer “high speed” cables that support 4K when I first got the tv.

Yes. That’s what I was saying exactly. I watched some of Deadpool it looked good. I streamed Transformers from Google Play and it looked amazing all the way through. I put in my I Love You, Man blu ray and everything in the background looked bad the whole movie.

Is it possible that 'I love you, man' was filmed in SD then upscaled to Blu Ray HD (720/1080p)? The issue right now might be that you're seeing another layer of upscaling.

so why do people buy the expensive end thinking they will get better picture ?

Marketing my bro. Plus there's notion that more $$$ = better quality.

It's a carryover from the old RCA/S-Video/Component days when there was a (somewhat) noticeable difference between the cheap and $100+ cables. Although the $100+ cables should not have been priced so high to begin with.

and a lot of people do not check monoprice or amazon for cables, there are still a number of people who simply go to a target or a best buy looking for an hdmi and buy without doing research

Just left bestbuy! Ask the dude what’s the difference between 7 dollars HDMI 2.0 vs expensive ones. He basically said it can improve sound (depending on your hook up). Didn’t mention nothing about picture qaility.

Gladiator droppping in May
wow.png

Just left bestbuy! Ask the dude what’s the difference between 7 dollars HDMI 2.0 vs expensive ones. He basically said it can improve sound (depending on your hook up). Didn’t mention nothing about picture qaility.

Wildin' for sure. The audio is a digital signal just like the video.

My first sales job was at Circuit City, and like most companies, they make their money off the accessories more so than the actual TV/phone/console.

bruh those best buy employees are just average joes haha they tell you whatever comes to their minds
I remember looking into a wireless network system thing so I can get fast internet everywhere at home and two best buy employees told me different things on the same day about the product lol

Last edited:
Walmart had the TCL 55S401 for $368. Would’ve copped but I’m a cheap bastard right now. Seems too good to be true for a 55 inch though

Best Buy lowered the 900e back to $999. Me being a elite member I was able to get them to credit me back the difference from what I paid since it hasn't been 30 days yet. Looks like I'm really keeping this tv now.

Should I take this guys Vizio off him for $300. He used it for like 3 days, then his parents got him a new tv so he doesn't need this one. He paid $360 for it. He's a friend so I know he's not trying to sell me a busted tv, just wanting to know if even at 300 am I throwing that money down the drain?

IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG

I'd be using it to watch blu-rays, and stream Netflix. Maybe play Xbox if I get one. I don't have any audio accessories. Thanks in advance for any input.

Copped an open box 4K TV a few weeks ago, I'm guessing the guy who bought it previously thought it was broken because the controller didn't work with the TV. I'm only assuming cuz it didn't work for me.

Then I realized I just had to pair it. If that's the reason he returned it, it was a good come up for me :lol::pimp:

that new LG Web os update is amazing... you think your oled looks good now wait until after you install this update

Should I take this guys Vizio off him for $300. He used it for like 3 days, then his parents got him a new tv so he doesn't need this one. He paid $360 for it. He's a friend so I know he's not trying to sell me a busted tv, just wanting to know if even at 300 am I throwing that money down the drain?

IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG

I'd be using it to watch blu-rays, and stream Netflix. Maybe play Xbox if I get one. I don't have any audio accessories. Thanks in advance for any input.
seems like a decent TV for that price

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/vizio/e-series-2017

IMG_0795.JPG
IMG_0797.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG

He isn't ripping you off, but at the same time you could probably save up some more cash and get a better TV. How old is your existing TV?

What are your settings recommendations for sony x900e

Tbh I just use the pre programmed settings. Got lazy. Game mode for gaming obviously.
I use cinema home for movies and 4k stuff.
Sports mode only for sports but I'm starting to like cinema home for sports a little more.

Back
Top Bottom