Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Not sure what it is when it comes to vudu's infrastructure but it will tend to freeze or stop playing when I watch high quality content

I use that least.

Hulu Netflix and Amazon is more dependable to me.

I think 4k blu rays is still the way to go unless your internet connection is infallible.

Last edited:
i want a copy of the 4k content they show while being displayed

those always look incredible, id play it during parties or something :lol:

as tech savvy as you seem, how are you NOT downloading pure 4K content just for this purpose?

a full 70-300GB movie i can understand. but some pure 4K scenery stuff cant be too much to download and put on a flash drive.

im downloading Blade Runner 2049 in UHD right now for my dad. ill look for some good scenery content too.

What TV was it? I forgot and dont want to go back and read a bunch of pages.

Sony 800E.

I wound up getting it delivered today after all, but not before back and forth phone calls all morning. Inexcusable stupidity on the side of Best Buy and the way they handled it since yesterday evening. Sour taste where I'll never buy something of high value from them again, unless I'm taking it home that day.

as tech savvy as you seem, how are you NOT downloading pure 4K content just for this purpose?

a full 70-300GB movie i can understand. but some pure 4K scenery stuff cant be too much to download and put on a flash drive.

im downloading Blade Runner 2049 in UHD right now for my dad. ill look for some good scenery content too.

You get it from the pirate land?

You can go on YouTube and type in 4k movie.
The sony demonstration is on there and the vizio demonstration. They have plenty of other 4k stuff on there and it was the very first thing I did when I got my 900e

What's the main differences in the 800E (delivered today) and the 900E?

What do I need to do to maximize my 800's potential? Do I need a special HDMI cord? If it matters I'm also going to be running YouTube TV. Decided not to get a STB with FiOS.

Anyone use VUDU? Trying to avoid Blu-rays for 4K movies. Hesitant to rely solely on streaming for 4K content but I really don’t want to have 100s of discs lying around either...

Havent had issues with Vudu streaming yet, didnt feel like paying the price for uhd blu rays either and been buying uv codes off ebay :lol:

Gonna see how well playing files off a usb go next

Disc will be my ultimate way to go when they're cheaper though

What's the main differences in the 800E (delivered today) and the 900E?

What do I need to do to maximize my 800's potential? Do I need a special HDMI cord? If it matters I'm also going to be running YouTube TV. Decided not to get a STB with FiOS.

No special hdmi needed, as long as its high speed and can transfer 18gbps for HDR you're good.

I'd look into calibration settings to help maximize the picture. I started with rtings as a base and tweaking it from there to my liking

Best Samsung 4K in the 55-70 inch range? I'm giving them one more chance before I give up on them. :lol:

Best Samsung 4K in the 55-70 inch range? I'm giving them one more chance before I give up on them. :lol:
Samsung been slacking the last 5 or so years. The mid to late 2000’s they were the best TV producer in the market imo. But now they are trying to push their own tech like “Q” LED and their own version of hdr lol. They’ve been losing ground as far as innovation in my opinion

Rent via digital is cheaper of course but buying a digital copy of a movie vs 4k blu ray from Walmart is the same price practically?

At least that's my experience. More expensive buying a blu ray from BB.

Samsung been slacking the last 5 or so years. The mid to late 2000’s they were the best TV producer in the market imo. But now they are trying to push their own tech like “Q” LED and their own version of hdr lol. They’ve been losing ground as far as innovation in my opinion
I've been a fan,most of the tv's I bought have been Samsung but the last one I bought had some dead pixels less than 6 months after I got it,I contacted them and it wasn't enough to warrant them doing anything as it was a small area of dead pixels. I'm giving them another chance with my next purchase because I've been satisfied with everything except for that one time.

I have a 6 yr old Samsung led that's still working fine. I can't watch on it no more now that I have the oled in the basement.

It's not even the smaller size of the Samsung or the fact that the tv can't go to 4k, but that I notice that the lighting and color seems off to me now that I'm used to the oled.

The tint is too cool, not warm enough, and the blacks are nowhere near black enough to me anymore. Dark scenes drive me crazy on the samsung now lmao

I've been a fan,most of the tv's I bought have been Samsung but the last one I bought had some dead pixels less than 6 months after I got it,I contacted them and it wasn't enough to warrant them doing anything as it was a small area of dead pixels. I'm giving them another chance with my next purchase because I've been satisfied with everything except for that one time.
yeah other than iPhone all my my electronics and appliances are Samsung. Tv, sound bars, fridge, washer dryer, all Samsung. But if I was in the market for a flashy 4K tv for the living room, I’m not currently impressed with what Samsung has to offer compared to what LG and Sony are putting out right now

I'll admit the black levels on my Samsung are no good most stuff with dark lighting looks washed out kind of and I've messed with the settings as much as I could.
I’m a huge fan of Samsung products too. Although I’m team iPhone and would never go

yeah other than iPhone all my my electronics and appliances are Samsung. Tv, sound bars, fridge, washer dryer, all Samsung. But if I was in the market for a flashy 4K tv for the living room, I’m not currently impressed with what Samsung has to offer compared to what LG and Sony are putting out right now
Yeah I've never had a Samsung phone either but tv's I've had 3 if I remember correctly. Not really a fan of LG's tv's but I do like some of their other products.Im going to do a lot of research before I jump into the 4K squad,I'd like it to be relatively future proof for at least a while if possible.

So can anyone explain the difference between the TCL 605 and the 607? Is the remote the only thing that’s different between them? Both have Dolby Vision and HDR 10 correct?

Might pick up the 605 at Best Buy today or I might just order the 607 on Amazon with the gift cards I have. Just want to know if their is any major differences between the two

In all fairness to the Samsung TV I complained about, I've noticed black is off pretty much everywhere since I got my oled, even at the theater

Once you get used to certain black levels you can't un-see how gray or washed it looks everywhere else

I'm fairly sure that if I had not upgraded I will still go on thinking that my Samsung has a great picture.

Last edited:
So can anyone explain the difference between the TCL 605 and the 607? Is the remote the only thing that’s different between them? Both have Dolby Vision and HDR 10 correct?

Might pick up the 605 at Best Buy today or I might just order the 607 on Amazon with the gift cards I have. Just want to know if their is any major differences between the two
I've been watching review videos all morning on a few tvs and one reviewer said the only difference is in the glossy remote that comes from Amazon.

Rent via digital is cheaper of course but buying a digital copy of a movie vs 4k blu ray from Walmart is the same price practically?

At least that's my experience. More expensive buying a blu ray from BB.

I need to check out Walmart, I've been scooping codes for about 10 bucks or less on Ebay

Two shortcomings with that is some movies only redeem in 4K at certain sites and of course you have a larger selection to choose from with a physical library

So my girl is out of town visiting her parents and we couldn’t fit this in my accord :lol:

Now waiting for my parents that live 30 minutes away to come help me lmao. I swore it was going to fit lol
6070CCDE-A602-4817-A8CA-7B9D5B7742BE.jpeg

Are you all bold enough to skip getting the extended warranty? Is that a factor when you're buying with price in mind?

Are you all bold enough to skip getting the extended warranty? Is that a factor when you're buying with price in mind?
I didn’t want to get it but my girl convinced me too. I was fed up with the salesperson trying to upsell me on random **** so I was ready to go. But if you dropping 2k+ on a TV what’s a couple hundred more for peace of mind?

Back
Top Bottom