Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Not so much imo... most mid to high end TVs will support 120/240hrz, which I believe is needed for gsync/free sync, but otherwise it's a feature I usually immediately turn off because I hate how it makes movies look. I care more about true 24p for movies since that's the speed film is recorded at, but people who like sports tend to look that motion smoothing feature that I hate.

Anybody mind posting pics of their entertainment center setup? I just mounted my tv over the fireplace and I’m trying to get ideas on where to put the Xbox etc

If yall have hdr tvs, watch "an angel has fallen". Turn up the sound systems and grab the fam.

Picture, sound, and movie I would say are top notch. I will say I have started to enjoy 4/20 early, but nonetheless. I was blown away.

So I was able to get my LG B7 replaced with the LG CX. Got the extended warranty to cover burn in and so glad I did. But because the return warehouse isn’t open yet they aren’t doing haul aways. So I’m sitting on two 65in OLEDs for the price of one. Lowkey hoping they forget and let me keep the B7 :lol: It’s still completely watchable

Nice, that's a great upgrade too, all the modern features for VRR for the Xbox 1/PC and next gen consoles.

So I was able to get my LG B7 replaced with the LG CX. Got the extended warranty to cover burn in and so glad I did. But because the return warehouse isn’t open yet they aren’t doing haul aways. So I’m sitting on two 65in OLEDs for the price of one. Lowkey hoping they forget and let me keep the B7 :lol: It’s still completely watchable

Is the pic any better? ...hard to imagine it can by much. Also what are the other difference between the B7 and the CX. I love my B7 but its time for a new LG OLED.

I guess I could just Google all of this 😂

I thought my oled picture was degrading. Or my internet wasn't working properly.

Turns out I have to manually set each youtube video to 1080p or 4k now.

Can't believe it took me this long to figure it out :lol:

$200 Best Buy gift card with purchase so it basiaclly brings it to 2k before taxes. Use that gift card to buy an Xbox One X (when they go on sale for around $250) and a few UHDs. You should still have enough left over for a midrange AVR and a couple of starter bookshelf speakers and still keep it around 3k. If you don't already have all that other stuff.

See if you can find one of these open box for $480, use the $200 gift card...

Start off with the Pioneer SP-BS22A ($250) as fronts until you want to upgrade to some nice floor standers then move these to the rear and cop a center channel and subwoofer later down the line.

Last edited:
Is the pic any better? ...hard to imagine it can by much. Also what are the other difference between the B7 and the CX. I love my B7 but its time for a new LG OLED.

I guess I could just Google all of this 😂
I’ll let you know when I actually set it up this weekend. From the reviews I saw I don’t expect a massive upgrade in picture quality. The processors in the Xs are supposed to be better for gaming than the previous series if that matters to you.

This came in today
20200604_071350.jpg

quad quad Finally hooked up the CX. Don’t have the energy to dig out the B7 to do a side-by-side. All I can say is the CX picture is just as amazing as I remember the B7 being when I first saw it. I think the CX does a better job of 4k upscaling.
8B13FFE3-D074-47C5-B603-7DD4054E7A9D.jpeg

All in all, if your B7 still works and there is no noticeable degradation then I’d save your money.

quad quad Finally hooked up the CX. Don’t have the energy to dig out the B7 to do a side-by-side. All I can say is the CX picture is just as amazing as I remember the B7 being when I first saw it. I think the CX does a better job of 4k upscaling.
8B13FFE3-D074-47C5-B603-7DD4054E7A9D.jpeg

All in all, if your B7 still works and there is no noticeable degradation then I’d save your money.

Appreciate the mini review. My B7 is still going good but I meed something to replace a bedroom TV so ill eventually get another LG amyway and move the B7 to my bedroom.

Teresita! ....love Queen of the South!

Went w a 55 inch LG GX with gallery design. Was like 24 after tax but got a $100 best buy gift card

Tried to get them to price match a bunch of different sites/models and they never honor anything, gimmick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom