Anyone have a 4k Ultra HD television? Help

Shoulda got a C9 for 1k less...
I was looking at the C9 first (courtesy of you) but my girl really liked the asthetics of the GX so I paid the premium for the nogap wallmount and gallery feature. Also wanted ATSC 3.0 support for the future.

C9 def seemed like the best value but I’m used to sub $700 tvs and wanted to splurge 1 time

Last edited:
Not sure if it's my imagination but I feel my E7's picture is not what it once was

My TV habit over the years has been 1-3 hours on days I work and maybe 4-8 hrs on days I'm off lol. Because of covid I've been closer to the 8 hr mark since the lockdowns. Nothing else to do.

I'm not going to be changing it anytime soon though

Question for people who actually have experience.

Like most, I know a good amount about tvs and their tech bla bla bla.
Currently have a 65 900f
Was planning on getting the 85 inch 900h for the basement/mini theater room.

I have seen oleds at the store, know all about them.
Is the picture in real world settings actually better viewing experience in the home?
Brightness being my biggest concern and some of the stuff I watch on the Sony still amaze me. And I'm aware that real blacks and infinite contrast on the oled would be cool. But is that better than almost 3 times the brightness in hdr scenes? Hell even in regular 4k or 1080 movies.

I hope my question makes sense. 85 inch 900h is 2800$
You can find 77 oleds used of course for around 3500/4. So jump in price.

Also, tv is going to a place that sees little sunlight. Basement with windows on the opposite side of the room so overcoming glare is not a big deal.

It blows my mind that ppl are deciding between 77 and 85 inch these days.

When I purchased my oled e7, I don't think those sizes were available among TVs I was considering. Lol

archiballer archiballer
I had a 900f and B7 at the same time. Honestly man, after going OLED it’s hard to go back to regular LED. Yes the 900f was noticeably brighter but the blacks looked grey compared to the B7 and the colors didn’t look as good. The 900f looked washed out. I ended up returning it.

OLEDs will look dim in comparison but they aren’t too dim for watching. Using in the basement/dark room is ideal because glare is a factor. Recommend getting bias backlighting to help with eye fatigue.

I do miss the brightness of other tvs sometimes, as an oled owner.

When I go to my sister's apartment and watch something on her TCL (at least I think it's a TCL) I'm like whoa. That's bright.

It blows my mind that ppl are deciding between 77 and 85 inch these days.

When I purchased my oled e7, I don't think those sizes were available among TVs I was considering. Lol

The E series doesn't come in a 77 inch, but the lower end models did, and they have an 88 inch 8k OLED but it's hell expensive.

Man. When they figure out how to get the contrast ability and black levels of oled and combine it with the brightness of leds

Ohhhhhh man.

I hope I'm not too, too washed when that technology happens.

Man. When they figure out how to get the contrast ability and black levels of oled and combine it with the brightness of leds

Ohhhhhh man.

TV technology moves pretty fast so it will be here before you know it.

I am honestly perfectly happy with the brightness of my OLEDs, I don't like super bright retina burning unnaturally looking TVs, not trying to simulate looking at the sun in my house. Already regularly blinded by my OLED. I do look forward to owning an 88 inch 8k for an affordable price some day.

One day...

9e9298b2_ReccomendedTVSizeviewingDistance.PNG

Ohhhhhh man.

Thats what micro or mini led is supposed to do.
Always get the name confused but its one of the two.

And I understand all replies. Blacks most definetly are greyish. Colors could pop more also. But some scenes still amaze me.

Ughhhhh

QLED isn’t bad by any means and is getting better. You’ll definitely notice the difference if you have an OLED in the house as well.

Anyone have a short throw projector yet? Once the house is ready and we get the basement done I think that’s the way to go versus these big TVs. Plus I’d like to maybe use it outdoors.

Big *** TVs are dirt cheap now unless uou really want something top of the line. Things have come a long way since I worked at Circuit City back when DLPs were the only way to get an affordable 65 inch 1080p display.

Idk how much a 77 inch goes for right now but if there was a 77 available for 3000 when I was shopping I would've copped.

Any recommendations for a sound bar? Want to get one for father's day but don't wanna spend too much. Possible to get a decent one under $200?

Back
Top Bottom