anyone have a fish tank (aquarium)?

Don't know if anyone saw my story a month or so ago about my turtles tank cracking and gallons of water got all on my desk

anyway I bought a new one and moved it as far away from my desk as possible. My laptop thankfully turned on after a few hours. My desktop did not. Trashed it yesterday.

what's the key to not having to change the water?

there really is no key, some fish just get use to bad water quality, but become full of disease.
in a fish tank the ammonia from fish waste and left over food gets turned into nitrite
by the beneficial bacteria in the tank. the bacteria then converts nitrite into nitrate.
high nitrate levels are a build up of fish waste and organic compounds
resulting in poor water quality, fish disease and algal blooms.
the only way to get rid of nitrate is to do water changes. the best way to have healthy and
happy fish is to do water changes. i do a 30 % water change every week.
just because the water in the tank looks clean does not mean it is.

there really is no key, some fish just get use to bad water quality, but become full of disease.
in a fish tank the ammonia from fish waste and left over food gets turned into nitrite
by the beneficial bacteria in the tank. the bacteria then converts nitrite into nitrate.
the only way to get rid of nitrate is to do water changes. the best way to have healthy and

this man knows.....

Just went from low key wanting a fish tank

to realizing how lazy I am

to not wanting a fish tank

Yup, the clown hosted in the rose. I had a anemone crab host in there too. I used to work part time at a fish store during college which made the hobby affordable.

Just went from low key wanting a fish tank

to realizing how lazy I am

to not wanting a fish tank

what the hell

same thing for me but reversed

didnt want a fish tank cuz im lazy
then i seen all these cool *** pics and vid and now i lowkey want one :rofl:

Jesus just got a flashback to my microbio courses while reading this :lol:

there is no way around water changes. it's really not hard to do, just get a python. if i had a 300 or more gallon tank i'd just have it on a drip doing auto water changes. it shouldn't take you more than a half hour to do a water change on a smaller tank.

there is no way around water changes. it's really not hard to do, just get a python. if i had a 300 or more gallon tank i'd just have it on a drip doing auto water changes. it shouldn't take you more than a half hour to do a water change on a smaller tank.

yeah, that's more along the lines of what I meant, is there a way to not have to physically change the water?

like the vid I posted, he was saying since its an open tank it loses alotta water and he just adds water but I don't know if he fully changes the water

Jesus just got a flashback to my microbio courses while reading this
laugh.gif
Reef keeping is pure science
laugh.gif

Reactions: c4

yeah, that's more along the lines of what I meant, is there a way to not have to physically change the water?

like the vid I posted, he was saying since its an open tank it loses alotta water and he just adds water but I don't know if he fully changes the water

Water loss from evaporation doesn't count. You have to remove the poop that doesn't evaporate. I just use a Python it puts the dirty water directly from the tank down the drain and the hose fills it from the sink. Just add half the dechlorinator before and half when it's filled. Easiest wat to do water changes.

I have 2 tanks in mind, still getting my research game up but I can't wait to have one in the room

Water loss from evaporation doesn't count. You have to remove the poop that doesn't evaporate. I just use a Python it puts the dirty water directly from the tank down the drain and the hose fills it from the sink. Just add half the dechlorinator before and half when it's filled. Easiest wat to do water changes.

Yep the python comes through in the clutch :pimp:... I think they are harder to find now, but you should be able to find one online.

I have a 29 gallon tank that I have had set up for almost 3 years or so. Right now I have 2 German Blue Rams, 2 red glass barbs, 2 cory catfish, and a few neons...I really wanna get like a 75-100g, but I'm gonna wait until I move into a bigger house

I repeat, I NEVER change my water.

If you look at my previous post in this thread, I said I grow plants using the water. The plants take up the nitrate as food and remove it from the water, cleaning the water for the fish...All I need to do is feed the fish and top off the water due to evaporation.

Last edited:
didn't wanna be the one to bump my own thread so I'm glad it's back

getting my tank in a few weeks

can't wait to post pics

Back
Top Bottom