Anyone heard the Jay-Z Deshawn Stevenson "response"

Yall are funny. This is DEFINITELY not meant to be a serious track. Come on now. He was probably just effing around and somehow it got out.

I actually think he is goin at Joey (or somebody else besides Deshawn) in a few of them bars....
And the entertainment thing....all everyone says is Rap Beef is entertainment.....So......

^but that could affect somebody's career tho....when it comes to a "rap beef", maybe Jay is better off ignoring the rappers (like Cam) becausehe's not tryna give Cam the light he wants cuz he knows Cam is just tryna get back on by goin at him, prolly rather dude just stay in the same spacehe's in, or in Joey's case, prolly doesnt wanna risk goin head up with dude and have it affect his status/legacy as an MC (something he's cautiousabout)....I mean, you can compare the morals/basic priniciple of the situations, but its two different lanes.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by FWA III

sick.gif
@ this clown jay.

why the hell is he going at an athlete?

no wonder duke ain't had a hot album since 2003.

the only thing he and michael jordan have in common that they came back one too many times.

son stop talkin

son hop off jays n

sick.gif
@ this clown jay.

why the hell is he going at an athlete?

no wonder duke ain't had a hot album since 2003.

the only thing he and michael jordan have in common that they came back one too many times.

son stop talkin

son hop off jays n

what a tool

I'mma touch on several points, And then pull a "Hov" and not respond anymore...

• First off, I can't have a real, logical debate with those who idolize or are a fan of Jay-Z. They're just not objective, And they'll twist anything in Jay-Z's favor. It's just an unfair double standard that they place on all aspects of Jay-Z's life and career. N's got endless excuses and explanations for Jay's actions and behaviors, So trying to engage someone like that in a debate is a useless cause. When _____ does something it's "corny", When Hov does something it's "Let him do what he do..." Or when Jay doesn't respond to someone: "It isn't worth his time, He almost has a billie, Why would he care?" But let him put out a response: "Get 'em Hov!
    pimp.gif
    pimp.gif
    pimp.gif
    ". This N' Jay-Z got a bigger network of ********rs than Verizon. I don't want to unfairly label any Jay fans, But some fall into that category. I don't idolize men, Or anybody for that matter...I feel like that's wrong, But if there is anybody you should idolize as a young black male, Jay-Z would be on the top of the list. But like I said, I don't condone idolizing people.
  • Since we on the topic of fans, I don't consider myself a "fan". If anything, I consider myself a supporter of said artist. I make that distinction and don't confuse the two. Fans can't tell the difference...Like I said, They're not objective. That's why I can appreciate everything that S.C. has done as far as life accomplishments and overall great artistry. At the same time, I don't agree with everything he does as a person. Fans can't say "Oh, That Jay song was flames...But he gay as hell for doing this...", Because they're so blinded that Hov can do no wrong in their eyes. I don't sit up and analyze what he should or shouldn't have done, But what I do do, Is point out inconsistencies and contradictions (There are tons of those) in the things he does. And regardless of what some may think, When you reach a certain level of fame, Your life is up for display and examination. Y'all will understand that when (or if) you ever reach that status. So if Jay-Z does something in the public arena, I'm entitled to speak on it, Because...
  1. I'm a grown man.
  2. This is a free country.
  3. I can voice my opinion on who and what I want, And so can all of you.
  • Prime example of someone twisting the situation: He's defending his friend. He'll "defend" LeBron (LeBron is a grown man), But not Beyonce (his wife) when Cam disrespected her? I guess he follows that Gangstalicious school of thought..."Homies Over Ho's". B probably went on a vagina-strike for a month after that. This guy seems to be defending everything but his honor.
But that's his prerogative.

Jay doesn't respond to Buddens and Cam because if he does it will help them sell more records.
It's all strategic. "You playing pitty pat with a chess player"
Jay knows what he's doing. That's why he's at the top.
The track is a joke. Ya'll are taking it way to serious..

lol @ homie getting into Jay's business sense...the whole point of a rap battle is a lyrical thing...it's not about trying to destroy Jay'scareer...we all know dude is the truth when it comes to his money...nobodies denying that...the the battle between him and Nas was to establish a position inrap, not the business world...but it's whatever...they ain't fightin about it anymore, so we shouldn't either...but Jay knows
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bodyfullapolo

I'mma touch on several points, And then pull a "Hov" and not respond anymore...

• First off, I can't have a real, logical debate with those who idolize or are a fan of Jay-Z. They're just not objective, And they'll twist anything in Jay-Z's favor. It's just an unfair double standard that they place on all aspects of Jay-Z's life and career. N's got endless excuses and explanations for Jay's actions and behaviors, So trying to engage someone like that in a debate is a useless cause. When _____ does something it's "corny", When Hov does something it's "Let him do what he do..." Or when Jay doesn't respond to someone: "It isn't worth his time, He almost has a billie, Why would he care?" But let him put out a response: "Get 'em Hov!
    pimp.gif
    pimp.gif
    pimp.gif
    ". This N' Jay-Z got a bigger network of ********rs than Verizon. I don't want to unfairly label any Jay fans, But some fall into that category. I don't idolize men, Or anybody for that matter...I feel like that's wrong, But if there is anybody you should idolize as a young black male, Jay-Z would be on the top of the list. But like I said, I don't condone idolizing people.
  • Since we on the topic of fans, I don't consider myself a "fan". If anything, I consider myself a supporter of said artist. I make that distinction and don't confuse the two. Fans can't tell the difference...Like I said, They're not objective. That's why I can appreciate everything that S.C. has done as far as life accomplishments and overall great artistry. At the same time, I don't agree with everything he does as a person. Fans can't say "Oh, That Jay song was flames...But he gay as hell for doing this...", Because they're so blinded that Hov can do no wrong in their eyes. I don't sit up and analyze what he should or shouldn't have done, But what I do do, Is point out inconsistencies and contradictions (There are tons of those) in the things he does. And regardless of what some may think, When you reach a certain level of fame, Your life is up for display and examination. Y'all will understand that when (or if) you ever reach that status. So if Jay-Z does something in the public arena, I'm entitled to speak on it, Because...
  1. I'm a grown man.
  2. This is a free country.
  3. I can voice my opinion on who and what I want, And so can all of you.
  • Prime example of someone twisting the situation: He's defending his friend. He'll "defend" LeBron (LeBron is a grown man), But not Beyonce (his wife) when Cam disrespected her? I guess he follows that Gangstalicious school of thought..."Homies Over Ho's". B probably went on a vagina-strike for a month after that. This guy seems to be defending everything but his honor.
But that's his prerogative.

well, that goes for alot of people that are fans of certain people

me on the other hand, that's my favorite rapper and i frowned upon him even THINKING to make a track dissing Deshawn. It boggles my mind how he canblatantly ignore Joe Budden, Cam'ron, Jim Jones, J.R. Writer, Prodigy, Raekwon and many others who have expressed their displeasure with him more timesthan not in recent months (years for that matter) but feels the need to defend Lebron. 2 thumbs down for 'Big Homey' imo

Why is this thread 4 pages.... Jay just spit a lil verse and kept it moving... i doubt its personal just threw a few subliminals all in fun. Cats acting lkewhen Jay see Deshawn on the streets its gon be gun play
laugh.gif

Yeah there really was not point of Jay's response but he did... its not like he's trya make a career outta dissing duke. I think some are taking itmore serious than it really is.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

I never said it didn't help Nas. You're right, it saved him. I never said Ether was the sole reason Jay remained platinum status either. All I said was that for as much attention as Ether got and continues to get, most of it focuses on Jay-Z, and not Nas -- the author. And ANY pub is good pub, especially when you can boast "I got stronger after Ether". So Nas may have accidentally created a shadow and cast it over himself. The only thing more iconic than defeating your enemy is being unfazed when your enemy throws the kitchen sink at you. And this has played into Jay's favor quite nicely. Who else can say they became a CEO, released several plat albums, and done everything that Jay-Z has done... even after being "Ethered".

Think about it like this... this term "Ethered" that gets thrown around doesn't even APPLY to the man it intended to describe. Jay's career has damn near doubled since being "Ethered". Nas gave Jay everything he had and it didn't even scratch him. His career got STRONGER. His buzz got STRONGER. His presence in the industry got STRONGER. Even his reputation got STRONGER. The only thing Ether proved was that even the author of one of rap's most revered albums could not slow Jay-Z's momentum and rise to prominence. And these are just the black-and-white, before-and-after facts. I haven't even brought up the actual lack of quality bars in Ether.

I don't know how long Ether is, but those 3-to-5 minutes might have hurt Jay for MAYBE 3-to-5 months, but I'm sure it doesn't even nag Jay-Z anymore. I mean really, what more can you say? Nas called him ugly but Jay boned his BM AND married Beyonce. So "ugly" is apperently irrelevent. Nas insults Jay-Z's business plan when he says Roc-a-fella was a ridiculous company name (only to sign to Jay's company a few years later), when actually John D. Rockefeller was a TYCOON in his field, much like Jay is trying to be in Rap. Also, the AIDS shh is just sad. Making things up FTL..

I could go on but I think I've already derailed this thread. My bad...

Well put response, still I don't agree with a few things but I see where your coming from.

But anyway, this track is just entertainment some of yall are taking it more to heart than Deshawn lol

Cats acting lke when Jay see Deshawn on the streets its gon be gun play
laugh.gif

But if it was Cam...it'd be 10 pages....and what you said would still apply...

What I'm gettin at is..

people sayin "This is just entertainment"

When they're the same people who will tell us Rap Beef is just that, entertainment.

They can't make up their mind

dig a hole was half assed/half hearted

his intentions wasn't even there when he was recording that track.

that was kinda the point... all he did was explain how he aint have to do +%%$ to win... and he was right...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TW3EK

that was kinda the point... all he did was explain how he aint have to do +%%$ to win... and he was right...
laugh.gif
I mean, the first time I heard "Real __s like why Hov talking to dude?" I damn naer spit up
grin.gif
. Cuz the whole time I was thinking"He didn't even have to address these __s"... and he didn't. Dipset ended up canceling their own careers w/o his help. That's patheticman...

As for what my __ Jewels is talking about. He's right.

A lot of Jay's moves have made little sense to me, but it's always made a lot more cents to him. I figure whatever he does is usually ashrewd, calculated biz move. Actually, it's more likely that he made this track as a way to get his name tossed around in the sports forum like it is inthe music forum (What's Jay-Z dropping Vol. 2304872346723) and the general forum (Jay and B Pics Vol. 238539580932503). Of course I mean thatfiguratively, but you get the point. It's probably all another biz move... and it'll probably work. And if it's all biz, we can speculate 1000 goodreasons for why he picks and choses his battles.

indifferent.gif
... this was the first time I ever utilized the stoneface option.. Jay-z , please leave sports players alone .. let them play sports .. this is what sports players do , they talk trash and ball .. this negro must becompletely bored right now .

jay is madd corny for this track
going after an athlete? the first couple of
bars where basically jayz sucking lebron

Originally Posted by allen3xis

If one of my best friends got into some beef like this, why not go at Deshawn?
So if someone comes at your friend...you'll respond.

But if someone comes at YOUR neck, nothin?

Doesn't add up.

And the entertainment thing....all everyone says is Rap Beef is entertainment.....So......

so true

here in dc on the radio they played a response to jayz , didnt mention the artist but he was killin hov with weak lines like your a balla not a baller

Back
Top Bottom