Anyone here Follow their Dream?

Anyone follow their dream... straight up. Weather it is unreasonable or not. Im not talking about being a nba player or anything like that either. Im incollege doing the whole get degree make some money doing dumb job route and i realize the only thing that really intrest me is being a pilot. I think im gonnadrop out and follow that. I just dont want to look back in 20 years and say damn i wasted my life doing something you dont like doing.

My boy made a good point one day when we were talking about this. "Take care of reality first, then take care of your dreams."

We have to survive some how man. I think being a pilot isn't really a dream btw, you could really be one if you pursued it. Good luck!

Yes sir I am... Yeah man you should definetly drop out. what is the point of having an education in the "wrong" field? I wouldn't get aneducation just to get one. I am getting a education in a specific area that interests me. I am going to be a scientist, I haven't decided in which subjectyet tho but most likely it will be biology (I know huge field, but I can't pinpoint right now so many interesting subjects)

I mean yes my dream is still playing in the NBA but being a scientist would probably be an interesting and fun way of making a living...

I can't agree at all with this statement tho "Take care of reality first, then take care of your dreams." life is too short to not go after yourdreams first and if it's about education I mean what the hell is the point of wasting 4-6 years on an education you dont want to and then getting anotherone later?that is just plain stupid too me, and not to mention very expensive...

One of my dreams is to see these guys in concert...I will be doing so on Wednesday.
pimp.gif

there are alot of intangibles when following a real dream, money issues, luck, right networking, right place right time in life all play a role

I can't agree at all with this statement tho "Take care of reality first, then take care of your dreams."
I do feel where your coming from. In my case I'm an aspiring music producer, as you may know music is the hardest carrer out here becauseit's crooked. It's difficult to where it becomes a lifestyle with or without school, so the passion has to reside for any growth skill wise for themost part.

That quote may not apply to you, but realize that without school it's going to be difficult to have your employer trust you to do the job if your carrerdoesn't jump-off. It's always smart to have a plan b. Life is short but I don't think it means not to do what you love and make a living workingfor somone else or yourself. I guess that's when timing for your hobby and day job takes place. Man, I ride out to parks or my local town and see dudesblowing trumpets n sax's for a dollar here n there. That right there my man is passion.
there are alot of intangibles when following a real dream, money issues, luck, right networking, right place right time in life all play a role
So, that would stop you?

In order to work for NIKE Basketball Sports Marketing and Research & Devlopment, I:
- worked in NIKE retail and volunteered for events for three years
- moved cross-country with a backpack and duffle bag for a summer internship with no guaranteed long-term employment
- slept on the floor of an unfirnished apartment for several months

And yeah, I got the job. I wouldn't have changed any of it.

[email protected]

well all throughout childhood i used to watch movies with my father, and I always wanted to be an actor. It took me my entire childhood, and teen years to justnow pursue acting.

It's never too late to pursue your dream.

I'm not. Growing up as a kid, I always wanted to be an artist since I was pretty good at drawing. However, having both parents working in the medicalfield, I was always told that I would be a doctor when I grow up. I majored in Biology when I initially started college to make them happy. I figured that if Ididn't like it I can switch to a different major. Fast forward to now, I no longer want to be a doctor, but am still very interested in the world ofscience so I switched from Biology to Environmental & Occupational Health. What I plan on doing for my career? There are many paths I can take as it'sa very broad major so I plan to sample out multiple jobs before deciding which to make my career.

I started taking apart and building computers in late elementary/ early middle school...started trying to rap and do music in the 8th grade....in collegedealing with computers and the music thing has grounds for poppin, I'm good...

I'm trying to; I'm making a push to drive. Professional racing is the most difficult sport on the planet to progress in, though. Most people don'trealize that you're only paid to drive when you're at the top (and that's not even guaranteed), so you have to pay for your own team every rung upladder. The price basically multiplies by 5 for every step. Just to reference, for British Formula Ford (the lowest step besides karting), it's $200,000for a single season with a team capable of winning. Not including transportation and standard living expenses. You can offset some of the costs throughsponsorship, but with the economy in the shape it's in, they're more scarce these days. And it doesn't help that the rest of the world thinksAmericans are douchebags that throw puppies off of cliffs.
laugh.gif

I've debated whether I should try or not, because if I fail, I've wasted a lot of time and a looooooot of money. But I decided that I'd rather failknowing I tried than fail to try in the first place. You have nothing to blame but your lack of courage when you're old and rambling over "whatif's." I'm guaranteed to have some incredible experiences either way.

Though I'll admit I sometimes wish I fell in love with something cheap, like golf
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CHiCHiLOVES5s

im still trying to figure out what my dream is
frown.gif

I feel you I have dreams just need to figure out which direction to go in...and like everyone already knows you dont want to look back and be like dag imade the wrong decision but at the same time you might look back and say dag i made the right decision...but hey its life and you only live once go forwhatever you want to do and dont worry about trying to make everybody else happy or worry about what everyone else wants you to do. its your life and you haveto live for you and make yourself happy

i am now...initially it was being an neonatal pediatrician but i couldnt take the pressure..so my next goal was to fix comps for the gov. and thats what imdoing
smile.gif

i live in the dc/md/va so working for gov = cake.

I'm in the process of trying to follow a dream, an aspiration really.

There are a lot of things that you need to think about, but if you really want it, then go for it.

I am still on my dreams, failure isnt an option bc its my lifestyle that prevents it from being a factor now, International business man FTW

I am a freshmen in college right now and it is basically a constant conflict between my dreams and my parents dreams for me.

Damn if there is an easier you to tell my parents "I got it here from here on out"
laugh.gif
. Let me take my own risks, make my own mistakes and be a damnindividual.
Originally Posted by emil23j

Yes sir I am... Yeah man you should definetly drop out. what is the point of having an education in the "wrong" field? I wouldn't get an education just to get one. I am getting a education in a specific area that interests me. I am going to be a scientist, I haven't decided in which subject yet tho but most likely it will be biology (I know huge field, but I can't pinpoint right now so many interesting subjects)

I mean yes my dream is still playing in the NBA but being a scientist would probably be an interesting and fun way of making a living...

I can't agree at all with this statement tho "Take care of reality first, then take care of your dreams." life is too short to not go after your dreams first and if it's about education I mean what the hell is the point of wasting 4-6 years on an education you dont want to and then getting another one later?that is just plain stupid too me, and not to mention very expensive...
Yes yess and yes. I agree with this man.

I always wanted to work at a shoe store part time. I would still keep my main job, but i always wanted to stay on top of da lastest kicks. And besides thediscount wouldnt hurt either lol. And i wanted to be a DJ since i was in the 7th grade. When im at da crib i go though sounds on my ipod and mix em up like imat a party or somethin. I think im pretty good but i have priorities and bills so i dont think it will ever happen for me but its nice to dream.

I am now. I did the whole go to college, get a good job thing and its cool I guess, but it just isn't for me. Im working now just so I can stack enoughbread to start the business (or businesses) I want to open. Life is to short not to follow your heart and not to regret the things you should have done. Ifthings dont work out, you can only blame yourself and to me thats fine as long as I can say that I tried.

Back
Top Bottom