Anyone here just say F it and up and sold their entire collection?

Used to have 130+ pairs before hitting sell sell sell! Just clutter and hoarding, no good for a minimalist like myself

Do people still sell in the buy and sell forum? haven't been in there in forever but a few years ago when I downsized it went fairly well

I have been slowly selling all my Jordans off..I'm gettin tired of Jordan Brand re-hashin everything that I had back in 04-07..it doesn't hold any weight anymore..I bought the black/red 11s just to resell because I knew people would pay 300-400 dollars..but I haven't bought a Jordan for my collection since December (Thunder 4s-missed out on those in 06 so I had to cop)

I will look on eBay for jordans once in a while..but I am much more interested in collectin Lebrons..Kobes..and KDs..and various other Nikes right now..that keeps me busy..

I have about 160-180 pairs of sneakers though..it's really tough to get rid of them..but maybe eventually everything will b sold except for a few pairs (20-30)..

Would LOVE to get rid of my collection, but haven't made the move because I'm unsure of where to sell them. Any consignment shops in Dallas or Houston??

Ok, I've been seeing all these responses and now I want to know, why sell? I'm more interested more in the why of you buying kicks. I mean, if you know it was too much, why did you buy it in the first place? Maybe I'll make it a thread idk.

as of right now i have two pairs of js (8's) listed on ebay, i hate ebay for the high fees,flakes but i won't try cl or nt. Og colors cdp's were the last shoes i cop and since then i stop buying with all the hype and high prices i decided to stop, i had over 100 and down to about 60. and most were OGs, 1st run retros, few retros + colors. right now is the time to sell people are paying ridiculous prices for vvvnds kicks, I'm glad i waited a few yrs to sell my collection. oh yeah some one from here bought my banned 94 1 retros and i don't regret not abit.

I'd probably like to, but can't...... addiction is too strong. Lost count after 300. Every time I sell pairs I just find myself buying/wanting more.

Last edited:
Didn't have a huge collection like most of you but I was at a few above 40 and now down to like 19. Hardest thing for me was selling my South beaches but now I don't even care. Royal 1s,Bred 1s,blk/infrared, black arenas,Red Arenas and Grinches are the only shoes I know 4 sure ill never get rid of

That's what I'm doing right now. I'm selling over half of my collection for a couple reasons, but mostly because I know I'm not going to wear them. Some pairs are too old to be worn and others I'll never get a chance to wear because I have too many pairs to rotate through. I'm more interested in wearing them now than collecting them as I used to be. But with that said, I'll still have around 80 pairs left and I don't know how the hell I'm going to downsize from that (OG I's for instance, I can't see myself selling).

Ever since I started travelling, I find that more appealing than buying a random pair. So I won't entirely be done with kicks but now I'm much more selective about buying what I really like instead of just everything I see.

Ok, I've been seeing all these responses and now I want to know, why sell? I'm more interested more in the why of you buying kicks. I mean, if you know it was too much, why did you buy it in the first place? Maybe I'll make it a thread idk.
I would actuallu wear them. Started in highschool and was building up since then. Cut down a lot when I went away to college because:
1. I needed cash
2. needed space.

Cut down even more now because I work full time wear I wear dress shoes during the week.

I did. over the past 4 years ive sold of most of my collection of 500+ pairs. Down to about 100. 10-15 that i will keep.

The shoe money kept me afloat for 3 years that I did not work. I still love sneakers, but I never wore most of them.

Never really had much of a collection to begin with. I just bought another pair of black red concord XI's though.

Sold about half when I hit a rough patch 3 year ago....**** was terrible :smh:

Feel your pain fam. Had to do the same about 4 years ago. One thing I will say though, I made a profit off of every sneaker I sold even the ones that had been worn. So that was nice.

Well a week after this post and I've sold 8 pair and I'm up $2,100.

Let go of my DS 01 bred XIs for $400 today and it surprisingly felt good.

I've still got another 15 pair or so that I'm trying to push through Craigslist but I feel like slowly but surely I will downsize tremendously.

Getting rid of deadstock shoes that just sit in a closet turns out to be not so difficult after all.

Sold almost every pair I owned after I got out of jail. When your in jail material thing DO NOT matter.

Worst week of my life....

most i ever had was about 70 pairs. sold off a lot and now only have the older ones i really like and a few ds og pairs. every time i am about to buy a new pair i really think about it and usually decide against it

i the process of doing this now. im trying to buy a crib (down payment) and go to the world cup all off shoes. last time i did this i went to London off old shoes.

Back
Top Bottom