Anyone here NOT watch college football?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

don't really follow it in depth like I do the NFL and NBA, but it's watchable. Especially around bowl season.

Don't forget Texas' yearly massacre of Rice scheduled to get back to rotation next year.
wink.gif

I don't remember who Utah played all last year but @ UVA, BYU, Clem and a game against top 20 Utah coming up is pretty damn good for what they can go outand get.

I watch it but i dont follow it as close as i used to. When I was growing up I liked to see how the guys I played against or heard about in the area/city/statealways did but as i got older and they graduated i followed it less. I still watch my main teams but not all the teams like i used too.

Regardless, there are a lot of teams that shouldn't play for the national title game. Check out when Hawaii got destroyed by UGA.. everyone was hyping that team up all year long and they got absolutely worked. Big teams need to play for the Nat'l title game.
I would rather have the games and teams determine that instead of a computer and the press. I have a hard time getting behind baseball because"small" teams start out at such a disadvantage...but at least the "small" teams can make a run every once in a while and go for the title. In college football, even when the "small" team does make a run and does everything they can, they STILL can't compete for a title. Justdoesn't make sense. I'll stick with a league that rewards smart front office decisions and good coaching/playing instead of who has the biggest budgetand can do the most stuff without being caught

How can you not love college football ? For me parallels the passion of futbol.

You have kids playing for the pride of their school. Actual rivalries that been going on for generations. School fight songs ( How can you not get pumped?)Complete loyalty. Seriously, people TRAVEL for college football.

It's straight up passionate.

id much rather watch the NFL or NBA

pros > college players

i rather watch the best of the best play, not kids

Never got into it. Been wanting to start watching but I don't kno where to begin since I'm not a fan of any team or have ties to one. That's why Ilike the nfl and mlb so much. I support my local teams but with college football I don't have one.

I Can Watch College Football More Than The NFL. College Sports Have More Emotion Since They Have Something To Prove On Trying To Make It To The Pros.
College Sports>Pro Sports Except Baseball

rockforlight wrote:
How can you not love college football ? For me parallels the passion of futbol.

You have kids playing for the pride of their school. Actual rivalries that been going on for generations. School fight songs ( How can you not get pumped?) Complete loyalty. Seriously, people TRAVEL for college football.

It's straight up passionate.

Sums up exactly how I feel.
Everyone that loves college football wants a playoff system too so citing it as a reason not to like it doesn't make any sense IMO.

I love both CFB and NFL, but CFB is better because all the players are playing for school pride and playing hungry, while pros get to sit fat on checks andtheir effort isn't as guaranteed as those playing in college.

Originally Posted by dreClark

College Football > NFL

My dad has been saying this for years. I don't watch College football religiously but i do try to catch some of the bigger matchups.

I'll take football that is played at the highest level and whose champion is decided on the field, not by a computer.

Originally Posted by So4i5

Never got into it. Been wanting to start watching but I don't kno where to begin since I'm not a fan of any team or have ties to one. That's why I like the nfl and mlb so much. I support my local teams but with college football I don't have one.

That's my feelings exactly, I usually root for my home teams when it comes to sports but NY has no college football teams that anyone actually cares about.And like some said it doesn't help with all these conferences and bowl games.

If I was only allowed to watch football on Saturday or Sunday, I'm picking Saturday.

Each game is like a playoff game, and ain't nothing beating that. It's obvious the BCS system is flawed, but most of the time it seems to work out..

Just seeing the environment at college games is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. The old school stadiums
pimp.gif
, and all the fans at the stadium are die hard fans.

The rivalry games are second to none.

There ain't nothing like college football.

If I was only allowed to watch football on Saturday or Sunday, I'm picking Saturday.

Each game is like a playoff game, and ain't nothing beating that. It's obvious the BCS system is flawed, but most of the time it seems to work out..

Just seeing the environment at college games is
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. The old school stadiums
pimp.gif
, and all the fans at the stadium are die hard fans.

The rivalry games are second to none.

There ain't nothing like college football.

I don't disagree with this, I think college football has plenty of the things that the NFL could NEVER have. But it is just hard to cheer for a sport thatdoes not have a clear cut winner at the end. Can you imagine the madness of a final 8 team playoff at the end of the year? It would be insanity, ratingswould out of this world for all of those games. THAT would make me be a college football fan, because then I know that my alma mater would have a shot, ifthey ran the table, to at least get in the playoff, and then from there who knows. It sucks when you know that it isn't even a chance at the beginning ofthe year before one snap is even made.
ohwell.gif

College Football is hands down the best event to watch for the following reasons:
1.) EVERY GAME COUNTS. Each week, and with only 1 game a week, can determine your entire season.
2.) The pagentry and excitement. Is there a cooler scene than thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people goin completely burzurk? The bands can even bea lot of fun, even if the team isn't so good (i.e. FAMU with G.O.A.T. Marching Band)
3.) The BCS: Whether you like it or hate it, it directly leads to every single game being as important as they are.
4.) The Cheerleaders

Question to all you college football haters, did you ever live in a town or attend a college with a decent football program?

Definitely agree with #4, I hate pro cheerleaders, but LOVE college ones

1.) EVERY GAME COUNTS. Each week, and with only 1 game a week, can determine your entire season.
Completely disagree. Yeah, 1 game can deterimine your season, but once it does, then every game does not count. Once a TCU, Boise State, UC,etc. loses ONE game, then their games mean nothing when it comes to the title. Not to mention any other team in the WAC, MAC, Big East (apparently), etc, noneof their games count since they can win out and still get into the title game. I never understood that argument, every game counts, um, that only applies tothe 3-4 top BCS teams that are in major conferences. Everyone else, their games really don't matter

I <3 college football. I'm a huge Giants fan, but I can't sit around and watch NFL games all day on Sunday like I can with college football on aSaturday.

I don't think you have be an alum or have ties to a school, but the passion for college football is absolutely incredible when you have that type ofinvestment in a school/team. I think there's something more pure about college football than the pros, since it's not diluted by money and greed (notthat there's no money involved and it hasn't become a business). You just see more emotion from the players, it's where the chose to play, not justwhere they were drafted and ended up. A good amount grew up as a fan of that school as well, maybe had family that went there or their dad/uncle/brother playedthere.

Like I said, I love the Giants, I've been a fan my whole life and 3x longer than I've been a Clemson fan. But I was at the Giants game on Sunday andI'll be at the Clemson-FSU game in a couple weeks...you can't even compare the atmospheres. It really is incredible.

All that being said, I wish there weren't SO many bowl games, though part of it is a reward to the players, and I would prefer if there was a 4 or 8 teamplayoff for the Championship.

Question to all you college football haters, did you ever live in a town or attend a college with a decent football program?
I did go to an OSU game once....but obviously a lot of us didn't go to schools with major football programs. And that is (not to speak foreveryone) the issue. With basketball, I have seen my alma mater get into the tournament, make some noise, and have a shot. Impossible with football. Evenwhen my team had probably the best player in college football at the time

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

While I don't "hate" college football, I did have to attend college (Oregon State) to really understand how/why people get into it.

Personally, I just have a hard time following the players. The turnover is WAY too fast for me to really get into it. Most guys are there 3 years, thenit's *poof* NFL.

Then I gotta try and find/follow who the schools are recruiting from HS.... faggetaboutit.
smh.gif

But I do watch on Saturdays because I'm a football fan, first and foremost.
pimp.gif

More of an NFL fan. My state has absolutey no good college programs. In fact the entire tri-state is garbage. I could give give a damn about a band gettingamped up. It's more convienant to something on a Sunday than a Saturday afternoon. Like someone said toucould look at the schedule an tell who's goingsomewhere. On the other hand, in NFL who had and The Cards going to Chip last year.

Back
Top Bottom