Anyone here NOT watch college football?

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Question to all you college football haters, did you ever live in a town or attend a college with a decent football program?

Exactly, I just transferred to a major SEC school and the passion here is insane. There is nothing like a college gameday in a big university's town.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Question to all you college football haters, did you ever live in a town or attend a college with a decent football program?
this is a good question. I heard Colin Cowherd say this a few months ago. people that never grew up with it don't understand. or people whosenearby college football program isn't that great just doesn't know. I'm from the South so college football is huge. think about it this way inthe Northeast there are plenty of NFL teams that are good. Northeast college teams? not many.

I grew up in NYC. I attend Fordham which has a weak football program. We might win our division from time to time but not like we have any competition. AndI'll follow it enough to know who might be some of next year's draft picks. So pretty much just highlights that I catch on ESPN or other sportsnetworks.

I am just like you OP

I never could get into College Football

I will watch some games here and there but don't really follow it or care

Originally Posted by JPZx

I only watch the Gophers and big games. Other than that, I could care less
ohwell.gif
...I don't know what it is I just can't get into it.

I am a diehard NBA/NCAAB/NFL/MLB fan though.

I also don't like the fact that certain teams can go undefeated but they don't get a chance to play for the championship.

2008 Utah Utes = REAL National Champions.

u "cant get into it and only watch big games," how do you even begin to form an educated opinion on who should play for the championship?

Hardly a horse @*#% schedule
grin.gif
their other opponents who happen to be conference foes
sdsu 2-10
wyoming 4-10
unlv 5-7
Div II Weber State
new mexico 4-8
Utah State 3-9

playing 3 tough games all yr is the definition of a Horse %!@% schedule.
grin.gif

back on topic. I love College football, I think if you give it a chance, you would like it too.

I've watched just pretty much the big games in the past. Got into it a lot more this year and I love it.

im similar except its college basketball for me. i cant watch it unless its the tourny or something.

Originally Posted by dreClark

College Football > NFL

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The NFL really is just not that exciting until the playoffs for the majority of the time. And this year especially there are so many horrible teams andblowouts it's been hard to watch.

Every week in CFB there are great games. If you grew up in the South I don't know how you wouldn't love it.

Originally Posted by jville819

I don't remember who Utah played all last year but @ UVA, BYU, Clem and a game against top 20 Utah coming up is pretty damn good for what they can go out and get.
I don't really know how much you can blame them because these bigger programs have nothing to gain by playing TCU, Utah, or BYU... Some will,some flat out won't...

Speaking on TCU... Yeah, they went to Virginia and Clemson, and you gotta give them credit for that... But then they also had I-AA Texas State and SMU, whohasn't been relevant since they were killed off 25 years ago, on tap... You know going into the year you'll have to do a little extra to proveyourself, and that you're going to have a schedule full of patsy cakewalk games in conference play, and you keep Texas State and SMU on the schedule?
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

Brad Evans has said there's a very real possibility TCU could play its way into the National Title game with a couple of breaks ahead of them in therankings, but if they don't quite get there or get jumped by somebody behind them, they have nobody to blame but themselves for scheduling a I-AA programand a program that hasn't played in a bowl in over 2 decades in their out-of-conference schedule...

Boise State this year scheduled UC-Davis... Utah last year had Utah State and Weber State... The year Boise went undefeated they scheduled Wyoming andSacramento State... That's STUPID.

People talkin about "Well Texas and Florida schedule weak OOC schedules," like those schedules aren't filled with the caliber teams thesemid-majors play EVERY SINGLE WEEK in conference play...

The pagentry and traditions of CFB is only rivaled to international soccer. I also like the fact that there are many teams to watch and watching differentoffenses like the spread, option, wildcat, which you don't NORMALLY see in the NFL.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I only watch the Gophers and big games. Other than that, I could care less
ohwell.gif
...I don't know what it is I just can't get into it.

I am a diehard NBA/NCAAB/NFL/MLB fan though.

I also don't like the fact that certain teams can go undefeated but they don't get a chance to play for the championship.

2008 Utah Utes = REAL National Champions.

u "cant get into it and only watch big games," how do you even begin to form an educated opinion on who should play for the championship?

Hardly a horse @*#% schedule
grin.gif
their other opponents who happen to be conference foes
sdsu 2-10
wyoming 4-10
unlv 5-7
Div II Weber State
new mexico 4-8
Utah State 3-9

playing 3 tough games all yr is the definition of a Horse %!@% schedule.
grin.gif

back on topic. I love College football, I think if you give it a chance, you would like it too.

Gunna.......again.......cant the same be said for Texas? They NEVER play more than 3 tough games all year, and sometimes they dont even play 3 tough games in ayear. Yet every single year they are in the national title picture. Im not trying to call you out here, I just am curious what the difference is.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

U gonna look at those conference games and compare those to texas conference games... seriously?

Of course I am not comparing the teams. I am just merely stating the fact that you said Utah doesnt play more than 3 tough games a year, and neither doesTexas. The reason I feel the BCS is so flawed is because there is ZERO benefit to playing a bunch of tough games.

Lets for s's&g's, say Texas plays 5 really difficult games a year and loses 2 of them. They probably dont play for the National title. Now if theyplay 1 really difficult game, and win it, chances are they are in the national title game. IMO, the BCS doesnt encourage teams to play a really difficultschedule.....which is why having a computer tell me who should be in the title game is ridiculous.

I'll catch a game on an uneventful Saturday night or something, but it doesn't do much for me to be honest. Too many teams, too many conferences for meto keep up with not to mention that all the games played don't mean much when certain teams are picked over other more deserving teams to play for thechampionship. I do like that there is more creativity and openness with regard to how the game is played as opposed to the NFL where innovation and takingchances tends to be a bit less or even shunned.

bottom line, there has to be a playoff. no way around it.

/thread

how can anybody even argue that CFB > NFL when that abortion called the BCS controls college football...

The game quality of college football, IMO, is much better than the NFL. That, and upsets mean SO much more in CFB. Actually watching magic unfold and seeing anunranked team take down a Top 25 squad in a barn-burner just can't be replicated in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong, I love the NFL, but there's just something about CFB. Oh, and I went to Indiana, so it's not like we had a super awesomefootball program or anything.

Back
Top Bottom