Anyone here own a Husky or Siberian Husky?

In looking into getting one in the near future and I think they're gorgeous dogs. Anyone know anything about them or have one

Damn i want a siberian husky sooo bad when i get my own house.....They are pretty sick with the clear/grey/blue eyes

You do know that those dog need to run A LOT. Those type of dogs have a ton of energy and when they can't run they can be pretty destructive because theyso much unused energy. Make sure you have a large backyard so, if you can't walk him/her they have room to run and play. They also shed so be prepared tobrush them twice daily.

On the flip side they're pretty cool dogs to own because of how playful and friendly they are by nature. I also like the ones that have blue eyes. Ifyou're seriously thinking about buying one check with your local rescue and they will direct you a good breeder. It might cost more buying from them but,in the long run they're usually more healthy than the cheaper pups you can get from the puppy mills & backyard breeders.

l_5836cb8a9bd1848466a0bb2e0e62ff32.jpg

this is my homie's doggie. he tagged the pic "siberian huskeeet" lol

They are sick, i had one when i was younger...and then my dads gf had one that was orange and white...it was amazing, and it had BRIGHT blue eyes. Mostbeautiful dog i have ever seen

I use to play with one as a kid. It was my neighbors, easily the most pleasant dog I've ever encountered and very playful. She always kept the airconditioning on and since I use to be over a lot I'd play with it in the backyard. I'm not even big on dogs but if I had to choose one It would be aSiberian Husky.

My aunt had two of them. Most beautiful, and loyal dogs in the world. Both of them had to be put down because the both had got bone cancer, but they were verystrong, and at times wild.

my boy has one, and he runs her 15mins in the morning, and then has to take her for a 45min run at night, dog has made energy and in general they are easy totrain, but they are bad listeners. she's a pretty cool dog though, but on the few occasions she got out of the house she was very hard to wrangle back in,and she runs sooooooooooooo fast. and they shed ALOT. LIKE ALOT. he has a jacket he wears that is only for messing with the dog, cuz her hair goes everywhere.

i rescued a husky/malamute mix.

he never barks... he's never bitten anyone.

he doesn't have all the destructive energy someone posted earlier.

this dog is the epitome of a perfect dog.

he was 7 years old when i got him, and he just turned 8 last week. i've taught him quite a few things. he can shake hands, gives you 5 or if you ask himto, he'll give you 10.

like i said he never barks, but i can make him sing/howl when he's desperate to go outside to the bathroom.

about the only thing he won't do is roll over. which is strange because he sleeps on his back sometimes.

here's Tyler:
25225e44c76c9f2dd57514f2bc7ac30b1ea0e45.pjpg

If you live in socal i remember going up to big bear to snowboard and there were these breeders. they were 500 each for a puppy unregistered or 800 w/registration. and thats pure breeed too.

As you can see the avy... my favorite dog ever. I can't wait to have my own place, this will definitely be my first 'purchase'. I use to joke thatif I don't get into vet school, I was just gonna breed huskies for a living.
laugh.gif
Basically, these dogs need lots of exercise and space, and I also heardfrom owners that some huskies tend to nip at heels since they're used for running long distances, but they can be trained to stop doing this.

i always wanted a husky or an akita but no room in my home for a big dog yet cause my girl got 2 lap dogs

i live in an apartment and he stays inside all day long.

since my dog is a little older, he's not very active. also, his hips give him a little bit of trouble.

here's another picture of him after digging through some dirt.

91025b44f36b5f0dddf53121cce4ace87b44687.pjpg

and then my dads gf had one that was orange and white...it was amazing, and it had BRIGHT blue eyes. Most beautiful dog i have ever seen

Sounds like my girls' old dog.
Hers was super intelligent and friendly. He was also a damn escape artist. No matter what kind of locks etc they put on his kennel, dude would get out and roamthe neighborhood.

Shed alot...need excersise (I need to get on that havent been able towalk mine in a LONG time).....smart....dont bark...my husky only bark whenanabulance,firtruck, cop sirens go off...my dog gets out of the backyard and acts like straight gangbanger straight huggin the block

my husky doesnt bark much...but she got a lot of energy and kinda had a problem with her chewing/biting ..but very adorable dog to have.they do shed a lot

Originally Posted by oo206oo

and then my dads gf had one that was orange and white...it was amazing, and it had BRIGHT blue eyes. Most beautiful dog i have ever seen

Sounds like my girls' old dog.
Hers was super intelligent and friendly. He was also a damn escape artist. No matter what kind of locks etc they put on his kennel, dude would get out and roam the neighborhood.

haha cosign, and this dog was huge, biggest one i have ever seen. You could get a french fry and put it half in your mouth and he would come up and snapthe other half and not touch you, it was a trip
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom