Anyone listen to Purity Ring?

wavy bone

Banned
Montreal-Based indie band. Not even really quite sure what genre to classify it as but the production and Megan James voice is some serious trippy, ethereal next level stuff. 

I need to hear this chopped & screwed ASAP.

Their first album, Shrines comes out next tuesday but is available for stream.

Purity-Ring-Shrines.jpg

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/15/156553168/first-listen-purity-ring-shrines

Playing Cartographist under the influence might elevate you into some new level of consciousness. 

Last edited:
Great album. One of the better released this summer. Odebear and Belispeak are my favorites off this :pimp:

Obedear is too nice!!!! Only gave the album half a listen about to go through it again right now. Fineshrine is also a great song.

Checked this out last week on NPR while it was streaming free. Really enjoyed it. This must be the year of the female for music, this, Beach House, Regina Spector, Fiona Apple,(am I missing anymore) all have been highly reviewed albums.

That new Beach House has been on constant rotation since it's release in my car. Thinking this might be as well.

Checked this out last week on NPR while it was streaming free. Really enjoyed it. This must be the year of the female for music, this, Beach House, Regina Spector, Fiona Apple,(am I missing anymore) all have been highly reviewed albums.
That new Beach House has been on constant rotation since it's release in my car. Thinking this might be as well.

There seems to be a lot of male/female duo projects with female vocals this year. Purity Ring, Beach House, Memoryhouse, School of Seven Bells, The Hundred in the Hands, Sleigh Bells, Sonnymoon, etc.

But yeah, I really liked the Purity Ring album. One of my favorites so far this year. I'm just wondering how long they can stick around with their formula/sound. Seems like they could get a little played-out if they don't switch it up a bit on their next project. This is great for the time being, though.

They've been receiving media coverage since around this time last year and have been releasing music and doing shows. Their debut album came out yesterday but was available for stream 2 weeks ago. I'm confused on what you are you asking...

Is it not acceptable to talk about someone's music unless their debut album has already released?

what I want to know is, how did you little hip cats hype this group BEFORE they're debut album?
srs question

This is going to sound really hipster but Purity Ring has been on the radar since late summer of last year. They released a new song every few weeks and then went on a mini-tour off the strength of like... two songs. I've seen them three times already and I had no idea Shrines was released :lol:

If you get a chance, go see their live show. It's a trip.

i gave it a couple of spins last night and i was thoroughly impressed..

this will definitely make the cut for one of the better albums of 2012, IMO.

Considering OP can't even describe the genre and they didn't drop an album, I'm wondering how you found out about them.

sorry for being old?

Back
Top Bottom