**Anyone on here watch Mad Men?**

*Edit* I apologize. I missed the massive 3 page thread.
grin.gif
embarassed.gif

Don
pimp.gif

Joan
pimp.gif
devil.gif

There's a thread for season 4, it doesn't seem as active as the thread for 3rd season

Don
pimp.gif

Joan
pimp.gif
devil.gif

There's a thread for season 4, it doesn't seem as active as the thread for 3rd season

pimp.gif

I'm just waiting for Don to hire a Sidney Portier type Black dude and all the racism that will ensue.  This is the only show where a simple token character like that would satisfy my need to see someone like me doing it. He could be the most whitebread, Dartmouth-educated, lightskinned Alpha-Phi-Alpha cat in the world. Just have him curse that reformed alcoholic peepants dude out and Mad Men will be the greatest show of all time to me.

I could just see it now. Don needs a new man in creative, and the black dude is the best for the job, but he obviously won't get it though he's been doing his thing in London.  Hell, make him British I don't care. Don's a partner now, and he gets Pete to ride with him on it and Cooper is like whatever as long as he gets the job done, so Sterling has no choice but to abide. Cue Civil Rights stuff. Black dude doesn't even know about it like that because he's from England and they've got their own stuff going on over there (see "The Bank Job"), but you see him in his personal life meeting influential Blacks and getting involved in the struggle going to see Malcolm X speak and stuff generally experiencing Harlem in the early '60s, eventually getting mixed up with the Black Panthers and losing his job because of a racist client pushing him over the edge.

pimp.gif

I'm just waiting for Don to hire a Sidney Portier type Black dude and all the racism that will ensue.  This is the only show where a simple token character like that would satisfy my need to see someone like me doing it. He could be the most whitebread, Dartmouth-educated, lightskinned Alpha-Phi-Alpha cat in the world. Just have him curse that reformed alcoholic peepants dude out and Mad Men will be the greatest show of all time to me.

I could just see it now. Don needs a new man in creative, and the black dude is the best for the job, but he obviously won't get it though he's been doing his thing in London.  Hell, make him British I don't care. Don's a partner now, and he gets Pete to ride with him on it and Cooper is like whatever as long as he gets the job done, so Sterling has no choice but to abide. Cue Civil Rights stuff. Black dude doesn't even know about it like that because he's from England and they've got their own stuff going on over there (see "The Bank Job"), but you see him in his personal life meeting influential Blacks and getting involved in the struggle going to see Malcolm X speak and stuff generally experiencing Harlem in the early '60s, eventually getting mixed up with the Black Panthers and losing his job because of a racist client pushing him over the edge.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

pimp.gif

I love this, not even because I'm an Alpha. This is a great idea.

Originally Posted by Trent Ferris

pimp.gif

I love this, not even because I'm an Alpha. This is a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom