Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

I hear what you're saying, but you're comparing glasses to a watch.  Definitely not even close to the same level of wearable, IMO.  Almost everyone has worn a watch at some point in life.  Most people don't want to look like a cyborg with Google Glass on their face.  

As far as price goes, what's right?  The Apple joint starts at $350.  It's a mini computer on your wrist.  Movado watches, which are trash but somehow have been perceived as a low-end luxury watch, often start at double that.  All they do is tell time.  And I could list other brands that are VASTLY overpriced.  And those are just watches--they don't track your fitness stats, take phone calls, etc.  So I'm not sure what price you're looking for, but you're not going to get a true smart watch for $100.  

Dead in the water?  Apparently throngs of people don't share the same opinion. :lol:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/10/apple-watch-sold-out-launch-day/ 

It will sell YES, but I'm talking about actual use. You'll have it and that thing will just sit there doing nothing

Last edited:

How are those google glasses coming along? People said that it would be the future and it flopped miserably. I know that techies wore them in San Fran as I saw a few when I visited there back in 2013. It needs to be the right price with the right features and independent. It shouldn't depend on a phone or something else for it to use to capacity.

I hear what you're saying, but you're comparing glasses to a watch.  Definitely not even close to the same level of wearable, IMO.  Almost everyone has worn a watch at some point in life.  Most people don't want to look like a cyborg with Google Glass on their face.  

As far as price goes, what's right?  The Apple joint starts at $350.  It's a mini computer on your wrist.  Movado watches, which are trash but somehow have been perceived as a low-end luxury watch, often start at double that.  All they do is tell time.  And I could list other brands that are VASTLY overpriced.  And those are just watches--they don't track your fitness stats, take phone calls, etc.  So I'm not sure what price you're looking for, but you're not going to get a true smart watch for $100.  

$350 starting for a plastic band watch that will only last a year tho ...

Meh.

Last edited:

How are those google glasses coming along? People said that it would be the future and it flopped miserably. I know that techies wore them in San Fran as I saw a few when I visited there back in 2013. It needs to be the right price with the right features and independent. It shouldn't depend on a phone or something else for it to use to capacity.

Meh.
I'd imagine that most people spending at least $350 on a non-essential gadget aren't really concerned about next year or obsolescence.  

And I saw you said that Movados are nice prior to the edit.  Ask any watch connoisseur (which I'm not) and they'll tell you they're pretty much overpriced pieces of junk.  It's all about the name, and this coming from someone that owns several.  

I dont mind upgrading in a year or two. I do the same with my phone... Which most ppl do. So why complain about the watch. Its not like the watch is just gonna completely die a year from now.. there's always an option not to upgrade.

The warranty is a year anyway unless you get apple care for $50 that extendes it to 2 more years. So those worrying about the durability don't have to worry. Idk why people are arguing about the price. As another nt member said other watches are way more expensive and this does so many things. I bought the 42mm black sport edition as my workout device.

Meh.

I'd imagine that most people spending at least $350 on a non-essential gadget aren't really concerned about next year or obsolescence.  

And I saw you said that Movados are nice prior to the edit.  Ask any watch connoisseur (which I'm not) and they'll tell you they're pretty much overpriced pieces of junk.  It's all about the name, and this coming from someone that owns several.  

Yeah, edited it out cause I didn't want to seem like I know anything on Movado quality. That being said, I do think they look nice and I have some friends that have had them for years.

The warranty is a year anyway unless you get apple care for $50 that extendes it to 2 more years. So those worrying about the durability don't have to worry. Idk why people are arguing about the price. As another nt member said other watches are way more expensive and this does so many things. I bought the 42mm black sport edition as my workout device.
that one looks clean. let me know how it is.

that one looks clean. let me know how it is.

I hope is a error but my shipment date says June. Did they sell out? This happened when I ordered my iPhone 6 but the date was updated and I got it on release date. Hopefully this happens with the watch and I get it April 24.

yeah they're saying june release date. seems like production issues/delays possibly. did sell out as well overnight.

I hope is a error but my shipment date says June. Did they sell out? This happened when I ordered my iPhone 6 but the date was updated and I got it on release date. Hopefully this happens with the watch and I get it April 24.
When did you order?

Last edited:

Meh.

Yeah, edited it out cause I didn't want to seem like I know anything on Movado quality. That being said, I do think they look nice and I have some friends that have had them for years.

I'm with you there. I still wear mine and I've had them for 10+ years. They're definitely a classic looking watch. And they tend to hold up well.

Definitely not worth the MSRP though.

Can't justify paying $500+ for the Apple Watch

I was interested in the Sport edition but meh... Maybe one day

Visited the Apple Store today to get a look at em in person.  They only have em in the glass cases now though.  They look even better in person.  Can't wait to get mine. 

Back
Top Bottom