Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

lol dont you keep a smartphone on you at all times? I dont see the difference.

I dont actually. About 4 years ago I read Tim Ferris' 4 hour body book where he studied the effects of his cellphone on his sperm count (men keep phone in pocket). He concluded cell phones made men less fertile by like 60%. Since i read that i started keeping my cell phone away from my body. I place it on floor when i sleep, put it on the holder in car, and put it on my desk at work. I rarely have it on me. Im not saying there is hard science behind all this it just makes me wonder what health risks there may be.

Last edited:
I hate that they haven't charged my card yet on my preorder. Anyone else who hasn't been charged?

Can't justify paying $500+ for the Apple Watch

I was interested in the Sport edition but meh... Maybe one day
I'm with you.  I had a "try on" appointment and I left underwhelmed.

I've been searching for a smart watch/fitness band and I really thought the Apple watch was going to satisfy that.

i'll probably end up getting one. a sport one. apple products are so damn functional. and unlike worn sneakers, they retain value. either way i'll wait for the next wave of watches. not like im in a rush to get an apple watch but the no cell phone using while driving thing is a problem for me (new to california, texas was cool about it)

Last edited:
I dont actually. About 4 years ago I read Tim Ferris' 4 hour body book where he studied the effects of his cellphone on his sperm count (men keep phone in pocket). He concluded cell phones made men less fertile by like 60%. Since i read that i started keeping my cell phone away from my body. I place it on floor when i sleep, put it on the holder in car, and put it on my desk at work. I rarely have it on me. Im not saying there is hard science behind all this it just makes me wonder what health risks there may be.

who are you peter north? what are you trying to get a women pregnant? Why would that matter to you??:lol:

Its not permenant. Your sperm count will recover. Just wear some lose fitting boxers for a day and you'll be at full capacity. :lol:

@Noel2345  , my order confirmation email came to me at 3:10AM EST.  Which watch did you order?  They were saying the availability changes with the watch.  

@Noel2345
 , my order confirmation email came to me at 3:10AM EST.  Which watch did you order?  They were saying the availability changes with the watch.  
My order confirmation came through at 12:05am pdt (5 min after initial launch). It was actually 2:05a central (my time).
But I got the Stainless w/blk sport band. It's gonna be pretty disappointing if you can't have on RD considering that's the "RD" and you had no other option but to order online. Should of had all their ducks in a row to accommodate all first wave watch orders to be delivered on 4/24.

Last edited:
@Noel2345, from what I've heard I honestly think everybody's that's ordered one in that first 6 hours should be good.  Apple has a tendency of underpromising and overdelivering.  Even though mine still says "preparing for shipment", it still says estimated delivery 4/24-5/8.  And I heard they're doing overnight shipping so I might not get an actually "Shipped" status until tomorrow.  I've even heard instances where the package is delivered first before the status is even changed to "shipped" for previous iPhone releases.  

Have you still not at least been charged yet?

@Noel2345
, from what I've heard I honestly think everybody's that's ordered one in that first 6 hours should be good.  Apple has a tendency of underpromising and overdelivering.  Even though mine still says "preparing for shipment", it still says estimated delivery 4/24-5/8.  And I heard they're doing overnight shipping so I might not get an actually "Shipped" status until tomorrow.  I've even heard instances where the package is delivered first before the status is even changed to "shipped" for previous iPhone releases.  

Have you still not at least been charged yet?
Na bro. Haven't been charged. But eh, I'm over it. I'm an extremely impatient person lol, especially with electronics. But we'll see what happens. Hadn't heard they're doing over night shipping.

If anybody has yet to do this to check their order status, sign up for UPS My Choice & afterwards you can see where and when your order will arrive. Assuming this is currently only going to work for those with the 4/24-5/8 delivery window. No "shipped email" but according to UPS mines in LA right now waiting to board a plane for Next Day Air Saver for a tomorrow morning delivery.

If anybody has yet to do this to check their order status, sign up for UPS My Choice & afterwards you can see where and when your order will arrive. Assuming this is currently only going to work for those with the 4/24-5/8 delivery window. No "shipped email" but according to UPS mines in LA right now waiting to board a plane for Next Day Air Saver for a tomorrow morning delivery.
What is the status of your watch when clicking on the order number from the confirmation email? Have you been charged?

What is the status of your watch when clicking on the order number from the confirmation email? Have you been charged?
My status on the order confirmation is "Preparing Shipment" and yeah my card has been charged. From what I've been reading, people should be receiving their "shipped" email from Apple today since they're doing next day air shipping. Also from what I've read, if your part of the 1st batch then your watch is chilling in a apple distribution center (mines in Rialto, CA currently) waiting to be flown to a ups hub today. That's why most have still been "prepare for shipment" status, because they're doing next day air.

My status on the order confirmation is "Preparing Shipment" and yeah my card has been charged. From what I've been reading, people should be receiving their "shipped" email from Apple today since they're doing next day air shipping. Also from what I've read, if your part of the 1st batch then your watch is chilling in a apple distribution center (mines in Rialto, CA currently) waiting to be flown to a ups hub today. That's why most have still been "prepare for shipment" status, because they're doing next day air.
Well don't even know what to think about my order. I got the 4/24-5/8 batch and mine is "order processing" and still not charged. They should have just made this thing available in stores.

Well don't even know what to think about my order. I got the 4/24-5/8 batch and mine is "order processing" and still not charged. They should have just made this thing available in stores.
That's strange, which model did you get? If it's a Sport one I'm pretty sure you should've been charged and what not already. The Stainless Steels have been lagging a bit according to the imore forum.

That's strange, which model did you get? If it's a Sport one I'm pretty sure you should've been charged and what not already. The Stainless Steels have been lagging a bit according to the imore forum.
I guess that explains it. I got the stainless/blk sport band.

Back
Top Bottom