Anyone picking up the Apple Watch?

NT Fam how much should I resell this 38mm white sport band I have coming in tomorrow for?  Is $600 realistic?

i'm guessing no because apple has said over and over again that they're going to be "restocking" but anything is possible. 

Love this thing so far, but been busy at work so I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.  

i got one of mine on the 24th and still waiting for my wifes watch to come hers is supposed to shop may 13-27 but lets see how it goes

So those of you who copped what's the early verdict? Good, Bad, indifferent..?

My boss picked up the $600 apple watch edition and let me play with it for a bit. It's cool but I think I'll be getting the sport watch. The materials were nice but I like the look of the space gray sport watch better than any of the other versions. Plus, that'll make it easier to flip next year when a better version comes out :lol:

anyone who has one have any thoughts?

figured nowsa better time to ask then on release because those who bought are more familiar with it now.

been thinking about getting one and cant really decide if i want the regular or sport.

i want the all black one which sucks because to get black nonsport you gotta drop 1k+

then i was just thinking of copping the sport just to scratch the itch of wanting one.

anyone who has one have any thoughts?

figured nowsa better time to ask then on release because those who bought are more familiar with it now.

been thinking about getting one and cant really decide if i want the regular or sport.

i want the all black one which sucks because to get black nonsport you gotta drop 1k+

then i was just thinking of copping the sport just to scratch the itch of wanting one.

I finally bought one and I like it. Had it for about a month or so. I wanted the black apple watch one also but after looking at both in the apple store opted for the cheaper sport version of the black and am glad I did. The materials used in the apple watch versions are super nice but don't justify the price difference IMO.

The functions are cool and it does what is says it does pretty well.

i returned mine.  

just thought it didnt have enough features to justify 

a) wearing a watch when i never did before

b) charging a watch every night

c) $430 w/ tax price

i want you but i dont "need" one. the functionaltiy just isnt there yet with the apps. at this point its literally just a watch.

I finally bought one and I like it. Had it for about a month or so. I wanted the black apple watch one also but after looking at both in the apple store opted for the cheaper sport version of the black and am glad I did. The materials used in the apple watch versions are super nice but don't justify the price difference IMO.

The functions are cool and it does what is says it does pretty well.
how long have you had yours? and what do you find to be useful about it?

is there a noticable difference between the models?

how long have you had yours? and what do you find to be useful about it?

is there a noticable difference between the models?

Had it about a month...main use is it keeps my off my phone so much. I have it set where my important messages, appointments...go to the watch anything else just stays on my phone for later. So no more worries about a missed call or important message while I'm in a meeting since I can quickly glance at the watch. The fitness tracking is cool and for my usage it's pretty accurate. It's not life changing by any means, it's basically an extension of your phone it just provides the convenience of not having to dig for your phone every time you want to do a small quick task or whenever you get a notification.

Outside of materials there is ZERO difference between models, even the apple employees will tell you this. You get the same functionality at $400 that you get at $17,000. I hear the 42mm gets better battery life than the smaller one but I don't have a smaller one to compare to. By the end of the day I usually have 50 - 60% battery life and it easily lasted two days this past week after I ran into some flight delays.

Getting one was a no brainer for a guy like me; I love watches and have worn a watch almost every day since my teen years. Add to the fact that the apple watch sport is 1/16th of what I've paid for the most expensive watch in my collection.

I wouldn't recommend getting anything more than the sport with an apple care plan though. The better materials of the higher end versions are nice but they really only serve to make the watch face more scratch resistant and provide a higher end look. Plus since all the watch bands are interchangeable you can get a sport looking a lot like a higher end model if that's your thing

Had it about a month...main use is it keeps my off my phone so much. I have it set where my important messages, appointments...go to the watch anything else just stays on my phone for later. So no more worries about a missed call or important message while I'm in a meeting since I can quickly glance at the watch. The fitness tracking is cool and for my usage it's pretty accurate. It's not life changing by any means, it's basically an extension of your phone it just provides the convenience of not having to dig for your phone every time you want to do a small quick task or whenever you get a notification.

Outside of materials there is ZERO difference between models, even the apple employees will tell you this. You get the same functionality at $400 that you get at $17,000. I hear the 42mm gets better battery life than the smaller one but I don't have a smaller one to compare to. By the end of the day I usually have 50 - 60% battery life and it easily lasted two days this past week after I ran into some flight delays.

Getting one was a no brainer for a guy like me; I love watches and have worn a watch almost every day since my teen years. Add to the fact that the apple watch sport is 1/16th of what I've paid for the most expensive watch in my collection.

I wouldn't recommend getting anything more than the sport with an apple care plan though. The better materials of the higher end versions are nice but they really only serve to make the watch face more scratch resistant and provide a higher end look. Plus since all the watch bands are interchangeable you can get a sport looking a lot like a higher end model if that's your thing
cool man thanks for the reply it helped.

i was just torn between the models mainly because of the color, like i said if i want black you have to spend $1k+ and thats a little aggressive especially for something i dont know if ill end up keeping/using that much.

but on the other hand i hate having buyers remorse when i buy a cheaper model and end up wishing i just got the more expensive one.

i could buy the sport i guess and if i end up loving it, and having that remorse, just return it and buy the other version.

also at the same time i feel like i should just wait until the software progresses to buy one. its just im like a little kid when it comes to this stuff. i love technology and always buy new phones the day they come out, so for me to wait this long is pretty weird for me lol.

i want you but i dont "need" one. the functionaltiy just isnt there yet with the apps. at this point its literally just a watch.

Huh? I agree about the functionality of some apps, but to say it is literally just a watch is absurd. That would imply that all it can do is tell the time and date. Which is obviously not true.

cool man thanks for the reply it helped.

i was just torn between the models mainly because of the color, like i said if i want black you have to spend $1k+ and thats a little aggressive especially for something i dont know if ill end up keeping/using that much.

but on the other hand i hate having buyers remorse when i buy a cheaper model and end up wishing i just got the more expensive one.

i could buy the sport i guess and if i end up loving it, and having that remorse, just return it and buy the other version.

also at the same time i feel like i should just wait until the software progresses to buy one. its just im like a little kid when it comes to this stuff. i love technology and always buy new phones the day they come out, so for me to wait this long is pretty weird for me lol.

I feel you...i really wanted the black higher end model also unitl I went to the apple store and tried on both. The black apple watch is really nice; it wasn't $600 more nice; especially since the functionality is identical. Overall its a pretty cool piece of tech. I like mine; I can't wait to see what developers do with this thing. There are so many cool opportunites.

Huh? I agree about the functionality of some apps, but to say it is literally just a watch is absurd. That would imply that all it can do is tell the time and date. Which is obviously not true.

As long as it's doing things my phone can already do to me it would be just a watch. I don't need a device to make my phone easier to use. I want a device that is capable of doing things that other devices I already own cannot. Look at the list of apps so far draw messages are the only thing the watch can do that my phone can't that I (key word) would need or even use. The HR monitor sounds good but I would dare use this while lifting or running in fear of destroying it

In short I plan to do things that I can do on my phone ON MY PHONE leaving the watch JUST a watch (at this point)

Last edited:

As long as it's doing things my phone can already do to me it would be just a watch. I don't need a device to make my phone easier to use. I want a device that is capable of doing things that other devices I already own cannot. Look at the list of apps so far draw messages are the only thing the watch can do that my phone can't that I (key word) would need or even use. The HR monitor sounds good but I would dare use this while lifting or running in fear of destroying it

In short I plan to do things that I can do on my phone ON MY PHONE leaving the watch JUST a watch (at this point)

I mean, with that logic hopefully you never browse the web on your phone. That's what a laptop or desktop is for, after all. Just carry your laptop with you everywhere you go for any type of internet usage. Why would you use your phone to do something a laptop can do?

I mean, with that logic hopefully you never browse the web on your phone. That's what a laptop or desktop is for, after all. Just carry your laptop with you everywhere you go for any type of internet usage. Why would you use your phone to do something a laptop can do?

Whoomp whoomp, because it's completely the same thing right? Laptop and a phone right? :lol:

Stop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom