Anyone ride nothing but old school whips?.........POST YOUR OLD SCHOOLS!

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Question... I know nothing about cars and I was wondering, when you put a car so low to the ground like that, don't you scrape against the road all the time going in and out of parking lots?

Usually, car that are extremely low are riding on air-bag suspension which lets you adjust the amount of air being blown into the air bags. The less air allowed into the air bags, the lower the car gets, the more air into the bags, the higher the car gets.
In some cases, car ride around on coil-over suspension, which is practically a spring that can be adjusted to compress more (lowering the car) or adjusted to be pulled out to have a higher ride height. 

Ahh so even though all these cars look mad low in the pictures, once you start driving you can jack up the height a little bit? Cause right now those cars look unreasonably low and impractical. 

Question... I know nothing about cars and I was wondering, when you put a car so low to the ground like that, don't you scrape against the road all the time going in and out of parking lots?

Usually, car that are extremely low are riding on air-bag suspension which lets you adjust the amount of air being blown into the air bags. The less air allowed into the air bags, the lower the car gets, the more air into the bags, the higher the car gets.
In some cases, car ride around on coil-over suspension, which is practically a spring that can be adjusted to compress more (lowering the car) or adjusted to be pulled out to have a higher ride height. 

Ahh so even though all these cars look mad low in the pictures, once you start driving you can jack up the height a little bit? Cause right now those cars look unreasonably low and impractical. 

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

heres my 68 falcon sports coupe. just underlined the inner front fenders and will be putting disk brakes in a few weeks (car is at my uncles house 150 miles away
tired.gif
)

When you do your Disk Conversion are you going to use a kit that bolts to your factor spindles? Also have you decided on what engine you are using?
Let me know what company you roll with and process, a disk brake conversion is coming soon for my impala.

Air ride suspension is very nice and has came along way. And you are riding on air, real nice ride and def an upgrade for any old car if you want to go up and down or not in most cases for a street car build.
Single_Arm_Front_Air_Suspension.jpg

air%20suspension%20auto%20repair%20in%20tampa%20by%20guy%27s%20automotive.png

what a clean setup looks like.
n9347793_55663669_3131965.jpg

heres my 68 falcon sports coupe. just underlined the inner front fenders and will be putting disk brakes in a few weeks (car is at my uncles house 150 miles away
tired.gif
)

When you do your Disk Conversion are you going to use a kit that bolts to your factor spindles? Also have you decided on what engine you are using?
Let me know what company you roll with and process, a disk brake conversion is coming soon for my impala.

Air ride suspension is very nice and has came along way. And you are riding on air, real nice ride and def an upgrade for any old car if you want to go up and down or not in most cases for a street car build.
Single_Arm_Front_Air_Suspension.jpg

air%20suspension%20auto%20repair%20in%20tampa%20by%20guy%27s%20automotive.png

what a clean setup looks like.
n9347793_55663669_3131965.jpg

Originally Posted by Joerdan23

tired.gif
)
im using a kit made for the same year mustang. the spindle i have only came on the falcon and fairlanes so im gonna have to use that. im also doing the whole front suspension with a kit from PST (new control arms, tie rod ends, bushings, etc)

tired.gif
)
im using a kit made for the same year mustang. the spindle i have only came on the falcon and fairlanes so im gonna have to use that. im also doing the whole front suspension with a kit from PST (new control arms, tie rod ends, bushings, etc)

oh and my bruh is building a 59 impala (frame off resto) .. i cant post pics yet but its gonna be over the top. trust

oh and my bruh is building a 59 impala (frame off resto) .. i cant post pics yet but its gonna be over the top. trust

Very nice, sounds like you are going a pro touring route. Keep us up on the build.

And on your Bro's 59~ I have a real soft spot for Impala's as you can tell. Please post pics.

Impala can look as good as any classic all original, its the best for lowriding, the make great Low rods, they look great muscle, gasser, donk....whatever.

Very nice, sounds like you are going a pro touring route. Keep us up on the build.

And on your Bro's 59~ I have a real soft spot for Impala's as you can tell. Please post pics.

Impala can look as good as any classic all original, its the best for lowriding, the make great Low rods, they look great muscle, gasser, donk....whatever.

word. cant post pics of the 59 yet (per him and his car club).. once its all done though, i'll post em up

word. cant post pics of the 59 yet (per him and his car club).. once its all done though, i'll post em up

Back
Top Bottom