Anyone Rock Jordan's to a Formal Event?

I wore all star XXIII's to my wedding..It was actually mife wife's idea cause she knows I hate dress shoes and the 23's colorway of white/red/black matched our wedding colors perfectly..

I wore the Blk/Red XVI's for a friends birthday. We had to dress really nice, it looked good though. I wanted to wear my DMP XI's for my graduation the year they came out, but never did. It looks good as long as you wear a pair of Jordans that match well and dont stand out too much.

I wore the Blk/Red XVI's for a friends birthday. We had to dress really nice, it looked good though. I wanted to wear my DMP XI's for my graduation the year they came out, but never did. It looks good as long as you wear a pair of Jordans that match well and dont stand out too much.

My buddy wore his DMP 11's with a white suit to his wedding, I wasnt there but I couldnt believe it so I had his wife (angrily) confirmed it LOL

My buddy wore his DMP 11's with a white suit to his wedding, I wasnt there but I couldnt believe it so I had his wife (angrily) confirmed it LOL

Not really Jordans, but those Blazer AB TZ with the zipper on the side and the all court toecap? Those came about because of someone at Nike Sportswear's wedding. The original version was a really swanky grey that were groomsmen gifts.

I keep joking with my girlfriend that I want to get some bespokes to wear on our wedding day, but she said we can only do that if we both wear track suits and do it trashy styled.

Not really Jordans, but those Blazer AB TZ with the zipper on the side and the all court toecap? Those came about because of someone at Nike Sportswear's wedding. The original version was a really swanky grey that were groomsmen gifts.

I keep joking with my girlfriend that I want to get some bespokes to wear on our wedding day, but she said we can only do that if we both wear track suits and do it trashy styled.

i wore concords to my wedding reception and my wife rocked ivory chucks. we both wore formal shoes during our ceremony.
my best man had bred xi's and ring bearers were in charcoal ix's. her maid of honor had red chucks and flower girls were in all black chucks.
Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Jordans no. Absolutely not. However Chucks still manage to look solid with a suit or a tux if the getup is on point. Something about the classic canvas look with the white tip that doesn't look tacky.

I actually had a buddy that did custom AF1's for him and his groomsmen at his wedding.

did your friend just get married in march?
i went to a wedding in north jersey last month and the groomsmen in the other banquet area were all rockin black and possibly teal patent af1's.

i wore concords to my wedding reception and my wife rocked ivory chucks. we both wore formal shoes during our ceremony.
my best man had bred xi's and ring bearers were in charcoal ix's. her maid of honor had red chucks and flower girls were in all black chucks.
Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Jordans no. Absolutely not. However Chucks still manage to look solid with a suit or a tux if the getup is on point. Something about the classic canvas look with the white tip that doesn't look tacky.

I actually had a buddy that did custom AF1's for him and his groomsmen at his wedding.

did your friend just get married in march?
i went to a wedding in north jersey last month and the groomsmen in the other banquet area were all rockin black and possibly teal patent af1's.

20 years ago I might have.
Now, I'm that old guy at the wedding that will get drunk and talk mess to the whipeprsnapper who's wearing Jordans with a suit..
With a Jameson's on the rocks in one hand, a cigarette dangling from my lip and me telling you how music was better in the 90's...

-J-

Now, I'm that old guy at the wedding that will get drunk and talk mess to the whipeprsnapper who's wearing Jordans with a suit..
With a Jameson's on the rocks in one hand, a cigarette dangling from my lip and me telling you how music was better in the 90's...

-J-

Mate, unless you got a "rap" album coming out.....I wouldn't wear j's with a suit to a formal occasion
wink.gif

Mate, unless you got a "rap" album coming out.....I wouldn't wear j's with a suit to a formal occasion
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JBug88

-J-
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by JBug88

-J-
Couldnt have said it better myself.

pics courtesy of 2 very talented and fellow nters:
23s6wy8.jpg

29ijjc.jpg

66amuw.jpg

x3hkbt.jpg

2jbp0te.jpg

life is short, have fun and enjoy every moment. things don't have to always be "socially acceptable" all the time. formal occasions ain't really all that serious.
i always wear dress shoes to everyone else's wedding because it's their day. this was ours so we wore what we wanted to.
but to each his own.

pics courtesy of 2 very talented and fellow nters:
23s6wy8.jpg

29ijjc.jpg

66amuw.jpg

x3hkbt.jpg

2jbp0te.jpg

life is short, have fun and enjoy every moment. things don't have to always be "socially acceptable" all the time. formal occasions ain't really all that serious.
i always wear dress shoes to everyone else's wedding because it's their day. this was ours so we wore what we wanted to.
but to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom