Anyone Rock Jordan's to a Formal Event?

Originally Posted by ColdCity

not a formal event but i wear my jordans to wk(office 9-5) dress shirt/polo, dress pants, mikes......
I only wear Jay's to work on Casual Fridays.  I rock Clark's Mon- Thurs.  

I still stand by my Jordans comment, but a bride rocking Chuck's? I see no problem with that at all.
go figure...

-J-

I still stand by my Jordans comment, but a bride rocking Chuck's? I see no problem with that at all.
go figure...

-J-

only dress shoes to formal events, unless its my wedding day ill be wearing my favorite jordans

only dress shoes to formal events, unless its my wedding day ill be wearing my favorite jordans

Not unless you're going to pair a wife beater and b ball shorts while you're at it. If it doesn't fit the occasion, then stay away from it.

Not unless you're going to pair a wife beater and b ball shorts while you're at it. If it doesn't fit the occasion, then stay away from it.

i have earlier when i was heavy into sneakers. last time i ever recalled doing so was to my sisters wedding, wore the last shot 14s. couldnt see myself doing so now though.

i have earlier when i was heavy into sneakers. last time i ever recalled doing so was to my sisters wedding, wore the last shot 14s. couldnt see myself doing so now though.

I didn't wear them to my wedding because it was 3 years ago.

BUT.
If the black/UNC 2010s were out before the wedding, I might have, because the patent toe works, and all of the bride's accent colors (sash on her dress, bridesmaid dresses) matched the UNC blue perfectly.

However, as mentioned, other formal occasions? Nope.

I didn't wear them to my wedding because it was 3 years ago.

BUT.
If the black/UNC 2010s were out before the wedding, I might have, because the patent toe works, and all of the bride's accent colors (sash on her dress, bridesmaid dresses) matched the UNC blue perfectly.

However, as mentioned, other formal occasions? Nope.

wore my bin 23 XIII to my nephews christening, and to a family party, they went great, had a maroon blazer and khaki slaccs..sorry no pics

wore my bin 23 XIII to my nephews christening, and to a family party, they went great, had a maroon blazer and khaki slaccs..sorry no pics

IMHO You should never wear athletic shoes to any formal event no matter what the age. To be honest it looks terrible and in pictures it will look even worse as the years go by. Really Jordans/Sneakers have their place and so do a nice Italian leather cap toe (I Like Too Boot New Yorks styles). Learning how to dress for an occasion really needs to be thought in a school. You will NEVER look better than you will look in a fine tailored suit or tux  and the proper shoes on. Street wear style is nice but keep it on the weekend. This also goes for getting into night spots (Not a college bar) but real spots like in Vegas,NY , etc. Sure you can get in with Jordan's if you are Weezy or gonna spend 50K on bottles in the VIP. But if not learn how to look like you been there before and not some clown complaining about why he can't get in with his True Blues, Jeans and Polo Tee. My only exception is a wedding because it's an expression of BOTH you and your partner. However if he/she is against it it turns into your expression and not both of yours. As always just my opinion.

IMHO You should never wear athletic shoes to any formal event no matter what the age. To be honest it looks terrible and in pictures it will look even worse as the years go by. Really Jordans/Sneakers have their place and so do a nice Italian leather cap toe (I Like Too Boot New Yorks styles). Learning how to dress for an occasion really needs to be thought in a school. You will NEVER look better than you will look in a fine tailored suit or tux  and the proper shoes on. Street wear style is nice but keep it on the weekend. This also goes for getting into night spots (Not a college bar) but real spots like in Vegas,NY , etc. Sure you can get in with Jordan's if you are Weezy or gonna spend 50K on bottles in the VIP. But if not learn how to look like you been there before and not some clown complaining about why he can't get in with his True Blues, Jeans and Polo Tee. My only exception is a wedding because it's an expression of BOTH you and your partner. However if he/she is against it it turns into your expression and not both of yours. As always just my opinion.

The Pic is from an old sole collector magazine. I think if your a sneaker head and your significant other loves ya why not take a pic on your special day for fun at least? I'm not saying you have to do the whole formal event in J's but a few pics would be fun for anyone.

The Pic is from an old sole collector magazine. I think if your a sneaker head and your significant other loves ya why not take a pic on your special day for fun at least? I'm not saying you have to do the whole formal event in J's but a few pics would be fun for anyone.

i wore my cement 3s to my grandfather's funeral, I had no clue people were going to be in dresspants and shirts, I come in wearing ecko trackpants, lumberjack sweater and my 3s. Nobody cared

i wore my cement 3s to my grandfather's funeral, I had no clue people were going to be in dresspants and shirts, I come in wearing ecko trackpants, lumberjack sweater and my 3s. Nobody cared

go for it man. be you. i have never wore dress shoes. not even as a kid. and i am getting married this summer and my wife to be knew i wouldnt wear dress shoes so she bought some anni 4s for her to wear. plus jordan himself expected us to us the 11 for formal wear. like i said be you.

go for it man. be you. i have never wore dress shoes. not even as a kid. and i am getting married this summer and my wife to be knew i wouldnt wear dress shoes so she bought some anni 4s for her to wear. plus jordan himself expected us to us the 11 for formal wear. like i said be you.

Back
Top Bottom