Anyone Rock Jordan's to a Formal Event?

Originally Posted by Savraj1

sick.gif
 Never. Formal wear should be kept distinct from what you wear on an everyday basis.

This right here. 
Sorry but I just think its tacky. We all know we love sneakers obviously. That's why we're here talking about them. But there is a time and place for everything and IMO a formal event (especially a wedding) is not one of them. I just think its one of those things that you think its cool now, then a couple years down the line you'll say to yourself why the hell did I do that.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

sick.gif
 Never. Formal wear should be kept distinct from what you wear on an everyday basis.

This right here. 
Sorry but I just think its tacky. We all know we love sneakers obviously. That's why we're here talking about them. But there is a time and place for everything and IMO a formal event (especially a wedding) is not one of them. I just think its one of those things that you think its cool now, then a couple years down the line you'll say to yourself why the hell did I do that.

did it once with SJ's to a wedding.

won't ever do that again. they just dont work out with formal wear

did it once with SJ's to a wedding.

won't ever do that again. they just dont work out with formal wear

I can respect those who say it's tacky or that a formal event isn't the place to wear some Jordans. There's nothing as fresh as a crisp tux and some white or black patent oxfords. To be honest, I had second thoughts about doing it, but my wife actually encouraged me to do it and finalized my decision. I will say this: it takes a special wife and special families to pull it off. The last thing I wanted was for people to be offended or think that I wasn't taking things seriously, but in the end it was great and everyone knew that the special kicks were a part of who we are.

To each his own, but I'm happy my feet were comfy and fresh for 7 hours.

I can respect those who say it's tacky or that a formal event isn't the place to wear some Jordans. There's nothing as fresh as a crisp tux and some white or black patent oxfords. To be honest, I had second thoughts about doing it, but my wife actually encouraged me to do it and finalized my decision. I will say this: it takes a special wife and special families to pull it off. The last thing I wanted was for people to be offended or think that I wasn't taking things seriously, but in the end it was great and everyone knew that the special kicks were a part of who we are.

To each his own, but I'm happy my feet were comfy and fresh for 7 hours.

By confining yourselves to the traditional or customary, you automatically eliminate the "special" factor in your wedding.

I could get married barefoot on a beach if thatl be the most memorable way.. I'd take unorthodox and unique over ORDINARY any day.

But then again, to each his own.. some of us still prefer safe and conservative.

By confining yourselves to the traditional or customary, you automatically eliminate the "special" factor in your wedding.

I could get married barefoot on a beach if thatl be the most memorable way.. I'd take unorthodox and unique over ORDINARY any day.

But then again, to each his own.. some of us still prefer safe and conservative.

I wore bred jordan 19 to senior prom in 04 and low top taxi 12's to graduation.... Was in my boys wedding a few years ago... we all had playoff 12s and he had og playoff 13s. looked sick. I'll try and find a picture

I wore bred jordan 19 to senior prom in 04 and low top taxi 12's to graduation.... Was in my boys wedding a few years ago... we all had playoff 12s and he had og playoff 13s. looked sick. I'll try and find a picture

I notice that the Jordan 23's Stealth and Stealth black are the ones ussually used....
I'm gonna try to wear My Jordan 11 DMP this May for a friends wedding....
Pics for later
eek.gif

I notice that the Jordan 23's Stealth and Stealth black are the ones ussually used....
I'm gonna try to wear My Jordan 11 DMP this May for a friends wedding....
Pics for later
eek.gif

Originally Posted by jcliz

At my wedding NYE 2010.  We got the groomsmen, father of the bride and my pops the white/black VIs.
oreo 6's in your wedding. the thought made me cringe but the actual doing is flat out
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Damn, i wished i never would have passed even on sale

Originally Posted by jcliz

At my wedding NYE 2010.  We got the groomsmen, father of the bride and my pops the white/black VIs.
oreo 6's in your wedding. the thought made me cringe but the actual doing is flat out
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Damn, i wished i never would have passed even on sale

Nice, im doing the same thing for when i get married. I'm wearing dmp 11's, and buying my groomsmen 09 Jams. Yes, very costly.

I'm not wearing them in the church though. You better not think you can walk into an Orthodox church with sneakers. I couldnt even get away with that when i was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom