Anyone studying Project Management or work as a Project Manager?

Looking to go to school and make a career in this field. Pros and cons? Tips and advice?

wasnt a fan of the class, teacher pulled questions from all sorts of databases but not the book....pissed me off.

I've taken many classes on Project Management and do eventually plan on going into PM. but what I've been told by EVERY professional project manager is that you don't actually just "become" a project manager as you would any other job, you start doing other things, (like IT in my case), learn your trade, and then position yourself to be a lead or project manager on a few project.s This is how you get your hours for your PMP and what not. You then can market yourself as a PM and manage outside projects.

any NTers agree with this gameplan?

Looking to go to school and make a career in this field. Pros and cons? Tips and advice?
i got my bachelor's of science degree in construction management. a lot of options for work after you graduate. you can work for a architectural firm, consultant, engineering firm, general contractor or sub-contractor. best advice i can give you is have internships/work in the summer. you can only learn so much in class. seeing construction will help you in many ways. best of luck.

I'm actually interested in the construction project management. I've worked construction before and would like to progress my way towards a management of construction.

Last edited:
I've got my certifications as a SCRUM Master and a SCRUM Product Owner. Currently an active SCRUM Master for a software development team.

You can squeeze the necessary hours of "PM" Experience out of a wide variety of jobs/college courses. It's definitely one of the more lucrative fields/Certs to obtain. It's not for the weak minded and real world PM work is a lot different from PMI's defined content on the subject.

You can squeeze the necessary hours of "PM" Experience out of a wide variety of jobs/college courses. It's definitely one of the more lucrative fields/Certs to obtain. It's not for the weak minded and real world PM work is a lot different from PMI's defined content on the subject.
so much truth.

I'm actually interested in the construction project management. I've worked construction before and would like to progress my way towards a management of construction.

I'm currently a Project Manager for a Mechanical Contractor in the Bay Area. PM me any questions you got

I'm also currently a Project Manager for a Mechanical Contractor up in Michigan. Nice to know there are other NTers out there doing the same thing

Back
Top Bottom