Anyone think Greg Oden will amount to anything in the NBA?

77b252d47aab74ddc3895b1c43c1213e46464d4.gif

kwame brown is on his third nba contract...im pretty sure greg aint running out of money anytime soon

He just needs to stay healthy which is hard for a big man

He has potential to dominate the league

He's as useful as an old, injured Shaq. At least we know Shaq can hit half his free throws.
I swear dude is 37 anyway.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I don't.
Hope he saved his free money.
hes had like 3 double doubles in his last 5 games and hes only averaging about 20-22 mins a night! He will be a beast! His gonna develop a lil 10ft Jump shot, has a decent hook right now, draws fouls AND shoots a good percentage from the free throw line. I think Oden WANTS to be the best and has thedrive to be the BEST! Perfect example, he had basically no right hand in college and instead of just sitting out until he got healthy, he played and playedwell. He taught himself to shoot free throws left handed. Once they start playing him 30-35 mins a night this season, he will probably avg, 15 pts 10 reb 3blks per!

mutombo lasted quite a while in the league too and people questioned his age too..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2735070http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2735070

After 16 seasons in the NBA, nearly 3,200 blocked shots, eight All-Star appearances and four Defensive Player of the Year awards, Dikembe Mutombo has had enough.

The 40-year-old says he's tired of jokes about his age.
[table][tr][td]Dikembe Mutombo[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
0425.jpg
Center
Houston Rockets

Profile[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]2007 SEASON STATISTICS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GM[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 38[/td] [td] 2.9[/td] [td] 6.4[/td] [td] 0.2[/td] [td] .548[/td] [td] .696[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]Cracks about Mutombo actually being older than he says have been circulating since his college days at Georgetown ... and he's laughed along for years.
But that changed recently when family members began taking offense to the regularity of such jokes during television broadcasts. Mutombo told ESPN.com thisweek that it's reached the point that he plans to seek out NBA commissioner David Stern for advice on how to at least stop TV commentators from openlyaccusing the league's oldest active player of misrepresenting his birthdate.

He'll be a decent player but I don't think he will ever live up to that Number One Pick status.

I'm still here trying to figure out who out of that draft class has made a big impact on the NBA.

people who say stuff like this must have not watched him play lately. The dude is ridiculously out of shape and is still putting up good numbers in verylimited minutes. Oden will be a BEAST.

I dont think he will be a shaq type player but he wont be an olawakandi

hope he stays healthy and continues to be productive on the boards and defense

he'll always be solid on D. as long as he's healthy, he'll be in the league

but i'm still not sold on him being the best center prospect since ________

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i swear...the theme for the month of november is to just say the stupidest +#%! u can.
it's either that or "Lebron to NYK"

I think he'll amount to the type of player he's shown thus far. I'm just saying...he's AWFULLY raw and unskilled for somebody who was the mostHYPED prospect coming out of HS since Lebron...

Lets give Oden a chance, he just came from an injury and the adjustment period is not that fast...

Back
Top Bottom