Anyone Work For Nike Retail?

Minimum wage! Seriously! That's why they give you swoosh accounts so you can spend your tiny paycheck on Nike products every week.

inwithmegatron

What he said. I think I started at $7.50 like 10 years ago and maybe was making $8.50 when I left two years later. Definitely a chill job and you aren't really stressed out or anything, but you're basically working for gas money and Nike shoes.

Yeah I kinda figured so, just wanted someone else to tell me. I work at Target now and I make 8.5-9.5/hr depending on what time I'm scheduled, but I really hate the ppl I work for. They got it out for me and I'm trying to get a new job cuz I'm getting wrote up at least once a year, which makes me ineligible for the once a year raise we get... Almost 3 years now i've got 1 raise, .09 cent.

I currently work for Niketown NY 5th floor, When i started it was $12 an hr, now i bumped to $14. Great and easy job and has its perks. And you don't need any special special entry level or nothing, just apply and see what happens. they always start out with you as seasonal and they only way they keep you is if you do good through that season.

Originally Posted by lebrons n jays23

They got it out for me and I'm trying to get a new job cuz I'm getting wrote up at least once a year, which makes me ineligible for the once a year raise we get... Almost 3 years now i've got 1 raise, .09 cent.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's unconscionable.
If I was in your position I would be liberating items from their shelves/stockrooms just to balance out all that injustice.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

I currently work for Niketown NY 5th floor, When i started it was $12 an hr, now i bumped to $14. Great and easy job and has its perks. And you don't need any special special entry level or nothing, just apply and see what happens. they always start out with you as seasonal and they only way they keep you is if you do good through that season.

Hook me up w/ a job there in the summer
nerd.gif

Do they take people with no prior experience? I worked in pharmacy stores like CVS before but a lot of the shoe places seem to want people with previous experience in selling footwear.

Originally Posted by Supremacy

Hook me up w/ a job there in the summer
nerd.gif

Do they take people with no prior experience? I worked in pharmacy stores like CVS before but a lot of the shoe places seem to want people with previous experience in selling footwear.

Here's the easy part when u apply, apply for seasonal that's what they want the most if you perform well then they keep you. Simple as that. I had no prior experience in retail until niketown gave me my break so you don't have to worry about that. And you def need food references most jobs ask for it and don't bother calling, niketown actually calls and depending on your references that's when they call you to come in. You get 3 group interviews all which is paid for and then when your actually hired you get to actually get to choose a free outfit with shoes. At the time my shoe limit was $120 so I got some air mazes. But now they raised it to $150

I started at $11.50 an hr at NTNY in 2008. and left at $11.85 an hr in 2010. Raises are %$$*%@ as hell there.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

At the time my shoe limit was $120  But now they raised it to $150

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Mines is 79.99 

Lol I've heard this price before and sooooo many people were complaining that they shoes at that price all sucked. So they raised it now. Wished I coulda wait and got something better but when I got hired all was there was air maxes.

Originally Posted by drillest

I started at $11.50 an hr at NTNY in 2008. and left at $11.85 an hr in 2010. Raises are %$$*%@ as hell there.

Yeah I admit they take forever to give you raises. A lot of people complain and those that complain get fired. Messed up but that's how it is. I never complained but I can see why others would.

Back
Top Bottom