Anyone Work the Graveyard Shift Vol: I feel like im slowly dying

i have worked graveyard for 3 years now... i like it... no supervisor, bosses, or any other random dudes.. just us workers doing what we want to do as long asthe job gets done...
half the time im on NT so i get paid to play on the internet... i love the 15% differential....its easier for me to stay awake then to wake up....

where do you work to be working a night shift? we have it here at my work, i do IT work, just trying to see what ya'll do

JUST got off work... I ain't trippin though cause my other coworkers gotta come in early on Friday.

My shifts are usually 10ish-4am @ the latest. It varies though. I'm a dental technician, if that helps.

Night differential, FTW!

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by High St

^ true story....the body works on certain cycles. for example your body releases certain chemicals during the night hours (when your supposed to be asleep) to help with repair and growth. If you aint sleep you missing out.

having said that im looking for a night time security job so i can get paid to do some reading and some other stuff
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Cite your sources or else i am calling Ducktales...

its true. lemme go find some stuff to cite

I did a graveyard shift for two weeks and I hated it. It's just not normal. You sleep during the day and that's when all the construction is going onso sometimes you can't even sleep. My sleep cycle was messed up. I couldn't do anything because I was all messed up. My lunch was at 3 a.m. I willnever do graveyard again.

I do Security.

Midnight-8am.

No Redbull, No coffee, No pills...You just gotta get used to it.

Best job I've ever had. (And I've worked in places where I've gotten free sneakers/clothes/you name it).

The freedom I have to do whatever the hell I want at work > Material things.

hey DRE shut the hell up!
laugh.gif

seriously tho..ima big time complainer..so the minute i do somethin thats not of the norm to me..i b**** about it . its jus my nature..im def gonna get used toit tho. esp with the economy..anyways HAPPY TUURKEY DAY!!!

Man I work at 6 am...when I do roll in the graveyard folks is the happiest dudes I see in the morning cuz I know they about to get some sleep!

I work nights sometimes cause my job is on an on call basis. OP, you should eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, and nuts, you'll feel much more energized andless tired. I try to cut out meat when I know I'm going to be working graveyard, so I won't feel sleepy. Working graveyard is always peaceful to me,you just know people are in their beds, yet the world keeps moving and you're making it move. Plus I like it that there isn't any traffic. Sometimes itfeels like a dream when you're working night shift.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by haiti5

laugh.gif
this issh is terrible..i dont know how my mom did overnight shifts at the hospital for 25 yrs..
sick.gif

Cry Me A River Build A Bridge And Get Over It!!!
laugh.gif
No need at all for that fam, no need. It was not necessary to capitalize the first letter in every word.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

JUST got off work... I ain't trippin though cause my other coworkers gotta come in early on Friday.

My shifts are usually 10ish-4am @ the latest. It varies though. I'm a dental technician, if that helps.

Night differential, FTW!

what does a dental tech do that late?

It was horrible at 1st but now it just feels regular, I do feel like Im aging faster than normal thoug, Im only 20 but I feel 35...

i use to work a 12 Hour Third shift from 7pm to 7 am. worst Job ever specially cause the 12 hours goes by so slow.

Now i got me a first shift job 7-3 pm
pimp.gif

I used to work 12am-5am.
It definitely takes a toll on your body.
I will never do it again.

I used to work the graveyard shift at a Supermarket, during college, #+%% was terrible.

12am to 8-10am (depending on the loads).

I had Friday and Saturday off, but working the night shift completely throws you off since the outside world is not friendly to the Graveyard Shift. No eventis scheduled for your workday.

I would get off at 8-10am, go home and sleep until 1-3pm then go to class at 6pm come out at 10, go to the gym and back at work. That was an ideal day, butsay you don't have the chance to sleep when you get off of work and you have to take care of an errand during business hours, or you have a morning class,
smh.gif

Plus, I would usually have to pass up going out since I would start at midnight. If we went to a ballgame, I would have to usually go straight to work after,
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Night differential, FTW!

what does a dental tech do that late?
laugh.gif

It's kinda weird to explain, but think of it like a step-by-step process and what I do is the first step. The work I do needs to be finished in time forthe people in the morning to start working on it.

Ain't gonna be doing it for too much longer though.
wink.gif

Honestly, I LOVE graveyard. I have 2 kids and it works out great. I work while they sleep and I sleep while they're at school. Then I have the whole dayto spend with them.
smile.gif

yep i work graveyard as well. 11-7 every week. pretty bad sleeping habits but hey...gotta pay the bills!

I work graveyard shift and I love it.

Nothing like the feeling of getting off work and driving home sloooow while you see everyone else rushing to work.

If you are disciplined with your sleep, its great.

11PM - 7AM as a line-cook, every weekend while in high school.

Hated it. Although, I no-showed too many times to count.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom