Anywhere In Houston getting the XXIII's Titantium Blue? the limited to 23 stores one

How did they rig it? With all the online and in-store lottery sign ups, somebody from NT had to get a chance to cop.

It doesn't matter how many people signed up if they don't honor the entries. No one on this board from Houston,let alone Texas or even the Midwestern U.S. has posted that they copped a pair from Kickz, let alone posted that they know someone who won a lottery size. Iknow of no one outside of the internet who has said the same either. And on the "other site" I don't believe anyone said anythingsimilar.

Why is it someone has posted about the buying experience (or inability to) at the other 22 stores, but not Kickz? Perhapsno one who copped frequents the internet or sneaker culture messageboards so they didn't have the opportunity to show their pair(s). I think not.

I'm not mad that they did what they did; I'm upset that they weren't upfront with it & at least honestabout their intentions instead of getting people's hopes up for no reason.

Yeah, lmao

Yall can feel free to continue to shoot me the HONOR bid...lol

How do yall feel now?

As I said before, there was NOTHING honorable about us getting the opportunity at these kicks, if we almost didn't get them as Kadoma said, that shows ushow shady things are ran in the sneaker culture. Plus, yall saw/heard what happened at Kickz which is the wackest shoe store in Houston. Everybody in there arelames

I called one day to put some shoes on consignment, they told me to bring them in then and when I did, they acted like they didn't know I was coming or whyI came at all. Wasted my gas, time and patience.

Same thing with Premium Goods, they tell you one thing on the phone (if they even answer) then when you get there it's something entirely different, (ala06 Easter release) mind you, I don't live by either

Originally Posted by All Ready

Yeah, lmao

Yall can feel free to continue to shoot me the HONOR bid...lol

How do yall feel now?

As I said before, there was NOTHING honorable about us getting the opportunity at these kicks, if we almost didn't get them as Kadoma said, that shows us how shady things are ran in the sneaker culture. Plus, yall saw/heard what happened at Kickz which is the wackest shoe store in Houston. Everybody in there are lames

I called one day to put some shoes on consignment, they told me to bring them in then and when I did, they acted like they didn't know I was coming or why I came at all. Wasted my gas, time and patience.

Same thing with Premium Goods, they tell you one thing on the phone (if they even answer) then when you get there it's something entirely different, (ala 06 Easter release) mind you, I don't live by either

You sound like you have bad luck. PG the truth.

Those are some strong accusations. You gotta back that up with some proof. Somebody on NT from HTown had to have gotten a pair. Anyone?

I heard the manger got 2 pairs for himself and other employees copped themselves some pairs. I also heard that some pairs were given to athletes and rappers. Iknow of one person who got a pair but not in his size, he was hooked up through the manager. No one really had a fair chance to buy these shoes. I'm notmad but why lie and even act like regular customers had a chance to purchase.

We all knew this was going to happen. Oh well, on to the next release.

Yea I thought the raffle might be a fair way to go about the release but from all the things I've been hearing online and through other people I'mbeginning to think it wasnt the best idea. I'm almost sure the thing was rigged.

I'll try my best to put an end to the rumors on how the entire thing went down.
Yes, there was a raffle and No, it was not rigged.
I stopped by the store that Thursday night before the Pharoahe Monch concert and saw the employees organize 4,000 raflfle ticket entries by size.
I know it took them almost 2 hours to do this because I went to eat and watch the Spurs and Heat at Chilis and came back to see them still sorting them out.
Anyone who came in the store that day from 6pm until close could have seen them organizing the tickets.
Honestly,I was suprised more people did not show up to witness this.
However, were all 23 pairs of the shoes raffled?
Just to give you an idea,
The previous week when the shoes were put on display, I saw Bun B, Adrian Peterson, and Andre Johnson all come in there within the same 30 minute time span tolook at the XX3s.
The R.O.Y. even offered to drop stacks right then and there, but was told 'No' by the manager. Not 'maybe later' but 'No'. The R.O.Y.!
I was almost more in awe of the celebrity presence than the shoes themselves.
The same type of thing happens with every hyped shoe release.
Some pairs are held for employees, loyal customers, and yes in some cases local vips and celebrities.
Ever be the first one in line only to be told 'We dont have your size'.
Its happened all too often to me.
In my opinion, sadly, nothing outside of 'the norm' here, but this situation was magnified because of the ultra exclusivity of the release.
If you didnt know what goes on behind the scenes now days with over hyped releases, at almost every store, you do now.
As far as I know the raffle was not a front or cover up.
There was a raffle, but some pairs were also held for vip.
The exact quantities I dont know.
Id say the less than 23 out of 4,000 chance the few actual raffle winners are memebers of NT or 'the other forum' are pretty slim.
And if you have issues with how the release was handled I would take it up with Kickz or even Jordan Brand.
But I dont think anything happened out of 'the norm' here, and any gripe probably wont be warranted any solution.
JordanBrand knew what they were stepping into, and in my opinion, they look at these type of releases as a gift to their retailers, before the consumer.
Therefore they dont place any instructions or demands on how the release is to be handled and leave it entirely up to management.

Only 23 pairs, went to one store in the Southwest region, with 8 franchises, dozens of employees, thousands of customers, in the fourth largest city in the US.
It should tell you something when the Head of Design at Jordan Brand, Dwayne Edwards doesnt even own the shoes.
There were only 529 shoes released, then Jordan himself ordered 50 pairs of which were pulled from the stores.
This entire situation was bound to be laced with controversy.

Bottom line, I think all of Texas lining up at a couple of spots for a dozen or so shoes is BS.
I dont care what store it is.
Thats is the main reason why I try to promote the culture because I do think as a community we deserve and can handle a little bit more.
I've travelled, I've seen the hot spots, and I know where we stand.
However, I understand and respect some releases are destined to be 'ultra limited' and I 'cant win em all'.
After all, thats what makes those certain pairs in our closets specail.
And I am grateful for what we do get, and I am glad we were even considered to be a part of such a historical event.
It could have been a lot worse.
Imagine the Cannon Ball Run to Louisiana days early only to find out you dont stand a chance or you do make it to the front of the line only to get bent at theregister.

Originally Posted by Kadoma

However, were all 23 pairs of the shoes raffled?
Just to give you an idea,
The previous week when the shoes were put on display, I saw Bun B, Adrian Peterson, and Andre Johnson all come in there within the same 30 minute time span to look at the XX3s.
The same type of thing happens with every hyped shoe release.
Some pairs are held for employees, loyal customers, and yes in some cases local vips and celebrities.
Ever be the first one in line only to be told 'We dont have your size'.
Its happened all too often to me.
In my opinion, sadly, nothing outside of 'the norm' here, but this situation was magnified because of the ultra exclusivity of the release.
If you didnt know what goes on behind the scenes now days with over hyped releases, at almost every store, you do now.
As far as I know the raffle was not a front or cover up.
There was a raffle, but some pairs were also held for vip.
The exact quantities I dont know.

I think people are having a hard time understanding that of course some pairs were held. This happens with every jordan release.

No the problem is everyone in Houston knows Kickz is a shady %%+ business and we all know it was rigged to some effect or maybe entirely, the fact is theyshould have been straight up about it and stated how many, odds, or something along those lines instead of leading us, the consumers on to waste our time andeffort on a worthless cause.

And no, I didn't go to the galleria to sign up for a "chance" to win because I figured this would happen. Kickz is as shady as it gets, pluseveryone who works there is a herb who thinks they're better then the next guy.

Thanks, Kadoma, for shedding some light on this issue. It's going to happen at every release, so with a release like this, it will only be magnified.

I challenge anyone who thinks the release/lottery was rigged to please present this board with some hard evidence. Not heresay or rumors or saltiness or bias.PROOF. Otherwise, please sit down.

Originally Posted by NUCLEUS ONE

Thanks, Kadoma, for shedding some light on this issue. It's going to happen at every release, so with a release like this, it will only be magnified.

I challenge anyone who thinks the release/lottery was rigged to please present this board with some hard evidence. Not heresay or rumors or saltiness or bias. PROOF. Otherwise, please sit down.

Lol how about you personally prove it to us, with some hard evidence, that it was not rigged, so for now, you can sit down.

I'm not claiming that it was or was not rigged. I'm just tired of people making accusations without any proof. When someone makes an accusation,it's on them to show and prove. Sorry if you're feelings got touched.

Far from it bro, i could care less i like the blk/red ones more, but it's the fact that they, as a company, came in and try to cover up what they did. Ifyou have 1 pair for raffle, say you only have 1. If you have no pairs to sell to the public, just come out and say it. Don't lie to the public and havepeople drive hours a day to "sign" up for a chance to win something that's impossible to win. You ask for proof, but you can't even provideany. You made an accusation, and you can't back it up either.

I see your frustration, cool, but please find a statement I made in this thread in which I stated that no cheating/rigging was going on. In fact, I askedquestions of readers of this board and leaders in the Houston sneaker community to that effect. I don't know if there was anyone shadiness going on in thestore, that's why I asked. No accusations as fact, just questions. If you're sure somebody played dirty, that's cool, but prove it. That's it,plain and simple. No hate, just back up your statements.
BTW-I agree the Blck/Red are a stronger release, so we're at least on the same page about that.

FrankieDOnCourtTV.jpg

Stop fighting
indifferent.gif

I didn't get a chance to sign up for the release myself, I live close to Spring and worked the whole week....plus I expected mischief oto be going. Ithappens at every release, you're just gonna have to accept that. And most of you would hold pairs if you were in that position, so
eyes.gif

About the employees at Kickz, i've been there a few times and they seem like normal people. I'll take them over "thick-rimmed glasses wearingsneakernerd virgins that try to judge you"-employees like stores in other cities have (supremeNY
sick.gif
).

I like dealing with normal people who have a life outside sneaker elitism, most people do.

^^^LOL not fighting, just sneaker talk. i've been to KICKS just once and everyone seemed cool, so I see your point.

Back
Top Bottom