AP Newsbreak: New medical marijuana policy issued

http://www.google.com/hos...y9xuWs4p9_TRkdwD9BDT0701

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will not seek to arrest medical marijuana users and suppliers as long as they conform to state laws, under new policyguidelines to be sent to federal prosecutors Monday.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time toarrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state laws.

The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless ofstate codes.

Fourteen states allow some use of marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, NewMexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

Great news.

Originally Posted by theconditioner

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will not seek to arrest medical marijuana users and suppliers as long as they conform to state laws, under new policy guidelines to be sent to federal prosecutors Monday.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state laws.

The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless of state codes.

Fourteen states allow some use of marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

I can dream
tired.gif

pimp.gif

Looks like medical marijuana shops in Cali dont have to worry about being raided anymore.

It's legal out here. Interestingly enough, I wondered when I first got here why people were pleasant and happy all the time. It makes sense now...

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Great news.

Originally Posted by theconditioner

WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will not seek to arrest medical marijuana users and suppliers as long as they conform to state laws, under new policy guidelines to be sent to federal prosecutors Monday.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state laws.

The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless of state codes.

Fourteen states allow some use of marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

I can dream
tired.gif

one day fame, one day
pimp.gif

This is good news. About time the government realized they were spending way too much time and resources hunting down marijuana users. The time and resourcessaved on this should be used towards stopping actual crimes.

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by BmoneyBagz

damn, where new jerz at?
smh.gif

still pending.
http://www.nj.com/news/in...pproves_medical_mar.html
I remember when you said smoking weed is immoral...that brought me many lulz sir
That wasn't me... I never justified my position based on morality... rather the effect of legalization on society as a whole
and I still don't advocate outright legalization... medicinal use of marijuana I've been in favor of for a while now.

New York and the Rockefeller Drug laws, SMFH...I feel like we will be one of the last northern states to legalize...

Gotta be an ounce to get arrested in Mass. Anything less is a ticket. Imagine having 25 g's of piff and walking away with a 100 dollar ticket and no courtdate?
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom