Apparently Nas had ghostwriters for "Untitled"

slandering fools...stop throwing rocks

Stic Man just put on his facebook that he didn't write for Nas, just collaborated
at the same time if somebody says something get the primary source yo...its 2012...no need to reference something like that without a link or quote cause I just checked stic.mans FB and there is nothing about this incident...his last update was July 31.

Last edited:
well its not a fact that mega wrote for nas ,, mega once said that nas stole mega lineor asked for it. affirmative action wen he says lifes a ***** but godforbid the ***** to divorce me ,,
its funny how that author of decoded got defensive about that tweet where dudes says why does jay do an album like untitled

People need ghostwriters to help them write those struggle bars? SMH

Last edited:
slandering fools...stop throwing rocks

at the same time if somebody says something get the primary source yo...its 2012...no need to reference something like that without a link or quote cause I just checked stic.mans FB and there is nothing about this incident...his last update was July 31.

Learn how to use the internet and try again

Naw...i aint buyin it.
This.

I guess this is where we're at in Nas great career when it comes to criticizing him.

Lets be real throwing around some concepts, maybe a hook but penning whole verses? Pssh.
Old news. Cormega usto write for nas
Yet why isn't this one of the main things Cormega says in his endless amount of Nas diss tracks? I got a bunch of Nas diss tracks by Mega and he never said he wrote for Nas.

Last edited:
I need more than a tweet for proof.

Hopefully not though. I think 'Untitled' is one of the best Hip Hop albums of the last few years.

Exactly...that's why I said check the booklet because on any album you're bound to see numerous names other than the main artists...it's like that with so many artists.
When Eminem produced Carry the Cross, if you look at the production notes you'll see M. Mathers name included with N. Jones.
Doesn't mean Em wrote the whole track...come on ya'll jumping out the window on this one.

This.

Mega only gave Nas that line for Affirmative Action from all I've ever read. I think he said Nas bit his style though or something of that nature

Last edited:

Learn how to use the internet and try again

I typed Sticman in the FB search.not my fault he has multiple pages...you should learn how to properly spread information once you find it :D

As far as the rumors about myself and jay electronika ghost writing for Nas, let me say this. Nas is one of the if not the most prolific original lyricist to EVER do it. My contributions to his album was a collaboration and an honor and under his direction of what he wanted to convey and say. Haters cant discredit that man's genuis. Nas is the Don.

^ that doesn't mean he didn't ghostwrite for him. nas couldve been like i'm trying to talk about this...sticman writes 16 bars talking about "this". either way, stic.man is right. you can't discredit Nas like he's some fraud. he lyrical talents are undeniable, so its really a non story. also, probably most rappers have had a ghostwriter at some point, in some form or another.

Both Sticman and Jay's responses are kinda weird. Neither outright denies penning bars for Nas. But the tone of their responses puts me at ease because they make it seems as though it was nothing drastic and I'll take both of them at their word. I'm ok with it if in a collaborative effort they gave a few lines here and there. As long as it's not entire 16's and songs. Still though it gives me pause to think that Nas needed a lyrical assist of any sort.

the way i see it is the more people talk about nas = more sales for LIG

and no, nas never used and will never need a ghost writer.

I seriously doubt any of these dudes wrote for Nas. It wouldnt suprise me if he asked them for ideas and concepts. Most rappers in the game probably do that. This is a non-story

Last edited:
Old interview from Stic.Man. How can people be so gullible in believing that Nas one of all time great and by far top three lyricist uses a ghostwriter.

DX: Given the content of your previous music, what was your involvement in Sly Fox? That really felt like a Stic.man and Nas song, I almost expected you to put a verse on it.

Stic.man: Nas came with that idea. He said, I want to get back at Fox for trying to put me out there like Im a murderer, and taking my lyrics out of context. He had the title for it and everything, and he was like, I want you to help me build on that sh*t. We just started throwing back ideas and phrases. He got a notepad and started writing down things Id say, things he would say. I think [M1] was in there for at least some part of that, in the general conversation. We didnt have a beat for it, we just had some ideas. I had this beat I was doing for a martial arts movie. Something just said, Play him that. I had some little [bass] rumbling low in there, and I was like, That sounds like some news **** a little bit, lets see if thats the vibe. I really didnt think it was, but I was just like, Let me see. When I played it, and he was just like, Thats it! Im like, What, that beat aint really ready! But if he likes it, let me see what I can do to make me feel like its on point. I called in the guitars to bring it more where I thought where it should be at.

So we get the notepad full of ideas about Fox. Im like, Searching like CBS, and I see B.S., track us down with GPS. He came with, Red Foxx, only fox I know. He would scribble it down, but not in a rap format, just dope little pieces. He goes in the booth after I get the beat all up, but what you hear on the song, he spit that. He had a certain method of what he wrote down and how he spit it. So Im like, How can I be productive? Let me think of a hook, so we can stay focused. I wanted to do a million songs, I didnt want to be stuck on one song forever. So I write the hook that you hear on the song, and when he comes out the booth, I go in the booth and lay the hook down. When I get halfway done with the hook in the booth, he stopped me like, Come out. Ima say that hook. I leave the pad in the booth, and he goes in there for one take and spits that **** hard. We work it out, keep working on the song and tweaking it, and thats how Sly Fox came about. It was co-written and a collaboration, but it was his idea and his genius.

Good work keeping this thread relatively non-combative.

I really don't care either way whether he had ghostwriters or not. Still goes down as one of the best ever. I figure when you're in the studio, ideas come and go from anyone to anywhere, so depending on your definition of "writing" this could be legit or a bunch of bologna.

2gufkv6.gif

Old interview from Stic.Man. How can people be so gullible in believing that Nas one of all time great and by far top three lyricist uses a ghostwriter.

DX: Given the content of your previous music, what was your involvement in Sly Fox? That really felt like a Stic.man and Nas song, I almost expected you to put a verse on it.

Stic.man: Nas came with that idea. He said, I want to get back at Fox for trying to put me out there like Im a murderer, and taking my lyrics out of context. He had the title for it and everything, and he was like, I want you to help me build on that sh*t. We just started throwing back ideas and phrases. He got a notepad and started writing down things Id say, things he would say. I think [M1] was in there for at least some part of that, in the general conversation. We didnt have a beat for it, we just had some ideas. I had this beat I was doing for a martial arts movie. Something just said, Play him that. I had some little [bass] rumbling low in there, and I was like, That sounds like some news
**** a little bit, lets see if thats the vibe. I really didnt think it was, but I was just like, Let me see. When I played it, and he was just like, Thats it! Im like, What, that beat aint really ready! But if he likes it, let me see what I can do to make me feel like its on point. I called
in the guitars
to bring it more where I thought where it should be at.

So we get the notepad full of ideas about Fox. Im like, Searching like CBS, and I see B.S., track us down with GPS. He came with, Red Foxx, only fox I know. He would scribble it down, but not in a rap format, just dope little pieces. He goes in the booth after I get the beat all up, but what you hear on the song, he spit that. He had a certain method
of what he wrote down and how he spit it. So Im like, How can I be productive? Let me think of a hook, so we can stay focused. I wanted to do a million songs, I didnt want to be stuck on one song forever. So I write the hook that you hear on the song, and when he comes out the booth, I go in the booth and lay the hook down. When I get halfway done with the hook in the booth, he stopped me like, Come out. Ima say that hook. I leave the pad in the booth, and he goes in there for one take and spits that **** hard. We work it out, keep working on the song and tweaking it, and thats how Sly Fox came about. It was co-written and a collaboration, but it was his idea and his genius.

Shooting ideas with each other is brainstorming. Everybody does this, come on b. Theres a difference than writing a whole song with your name on it.

You came up with a hook...big deal...

Last edited:
Lol this was almost as bad as when you were a little kid and found out that Santa Claus is fake.

good to see that this was cleared up

Back
Top Bottom