Apparently Ryan Reynolds is going to play Green Lantern

Variety Reporting

Ryan Reynolds has landed the coveted role of "Green Lantern," getting the starring role in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.

Martin Campbell will direct. The studio is still working on the picture's budget, but production is expected to begin in January.

The news caps off a memorable summer for Reynolds, who played Deadpool in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," a performance that prompted Fox to begin development on a spinoff film. Reynolds followed that by starring opposite Sandra Bullock in the romantic comedy "The Proposal," which crossed the $100 million mark this week.

Warners and Campbell chose Reynolds, who vied for the superhero role along with "The Hangover" star Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto. The momentum built for Reynolds in the last week, as he was the only actor whose option was extended.

Greg Berlanti wrote the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. Donald DeLine will produce with Berlanti. Reynolds' reps at UTA are working out his deal.

The actor will next star in "Buried," a dark indie drama that will begin filming shortly in Barcelona with Spanish director Rodrigo Cortes. Reynolds will play a civilian contractor who is kidnapped in Iraq and awakes in a coffin, struggling against time to coordinate a rescue even though he doesn't know where he's buried in the desert.

I'm not sure how I feel about this because while I know Reynolds is a great actor 1. He's already playing Deadpool a major character in a Marvel movieand 2. I think that if Reynolds should play any DC character it should be Wally West

Before anyone asks go here to find out what you should readto get up Green Lantern

^I agree and think they should have went with Bradley Cooper, he was hilarious in The Hangover and played a good ##%@++% in Wedding Crashers......

Van Wilder???
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jman8811

^I agree and think they should have went with Bradley Cooper, he was hilarious in The Hangover and played a good ##%@++% in Wedding Crashers......
I agree! He should be Wally West....
smh.gif

Yeah I thought he would have been perfect for Flash.
He was also in Blade, and he's Deadpool, and now he's gonna be the Green Lantern...
Wow haha
He's a good actor none-the-less, hope it doesn't bomb

How can he be so far and away the best choice that the fact he's already a major comic book character doesn't matter?

Bradley Cooper would've been a terrible GL.

Nice selection on RR. I can see him donnin' the green and blk.

Hey_

Originally Posted by Nothin4ever

Looks like handcock is going to be the only black superhero hollywood has
laugh.gif

Blade.

Nathan Fillion should be Green Lantern.

Julius F. Wrek

Even though I would rather see him as the Flash, I am glad Reynolds got this role.
I read at SSH last night that Justin Timberlake was in the running and to be honest, I rather Reynolds get it.
Maybe he'll play the Flash too. Reynolds just has that look that could work with any good superhero.

Leto would have been a perfect choice though, since Cooper and Reynolds is a bit too comical for this role and Timberlake should just stick to singing/dancing.
Can't really complain though, Reynolds just needs to be more serious than usual. He would have been a perfect Kyle Rayner though, instead of Hal Jordan.

i'm really happy with this pick. even though he's already been deadpool i could see reynolds as green lantern. good to see ryan rising as one of themore sought after actors. deadlantern? greenpool?

at the fact he is playing one of Marvel's and DC's most popular characters. I can't wait to see, What if Deadpool and Green Lantern foughtscenarios...

Angel

you guys think this would conflict the filming for deadpool? because I read that the budget for this Green Latern would be around 150-200 mill. so would thisbecome the main priority?

I can actually think of two people who could play Hal better than Reynolds: Ben Browder and Nathan Fillian. Sam Worthington would've been my third choice.

Back
Top Bottom