Apple iTunes flaw 'allowed government spying' / Android recording everything you do

I don't even...
30t6p3b.gif

A British company called Gamma International marketed hacking software to governments that exploited the vulnerability via a bogus update to iTunes, Apple's media player, which is installed on more than 250 million machines worldwide.

The hacking software, FinFisher, is used to spy on intelligence targets’ computers. It is known to be used by British agencies and earlier this year records were discovered in abandoned offices of that showed it had been offered to Egypt’s feared secret police.

Apple was informed about the relevant flaw in iTunes in 2008, according to Brian Krebs, a security writer, but did not patch the software until earlier this month, a delay of more than three years.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...aw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html[/font]

I guess this is also relevant to the convo since it was posted today.
http://gizmodo.com/586384...ording-everything-you-do

If you have any decently modern Android phone, everything you do is being recorded by hidden software lurking inside. It even circumvents web encryption and grabs everything—including your passwords and Google queries.

Worse: it's the handset manufacturers and the carriers who—in the name of "making your user experience better"—install this software without any way for you to opt-out. This video, recorded by 25-year-old Android developer Trevor Eckhart, shows how it works. This is bad. Really bad.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I guess this is also relevant to the convo since it was posted today.
http://gizmodo.com/586384...ording-everything-you-do

If you have any decently modern Android phone, everything you do is being recorded by hidden software lurking inside. It even circumvents web encryption and grabs everything—including your passwords and Google queries.

Worse: it's the handset manufacturers and the carriers who—in the name of "making your user experience better"—install this software without any way for you to opt-out. This video, recorded by 25-year-old Android developer Trevor Eckhart, shows how it works. This is bad. Really bad.
so much junk on android

Stuff like that is why I couldn't ever get behind Android. I knew Google would be up to that kinda foolishness.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

so much junk on android

ruh oh

30t6p3b.gif
@ all of this. no good will come from this bs

[h2]http://phandroid.com/2011/11/30/mor...e-from-apps-already-installed-on-your-device/[/h2]
[h2]More Android Security Issues Exposed – This Time From Apps Already Installed On Your Device[/h2][table][tr][td] by Chris Chavez on November 30th, 2011 at 9:20 pm[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

It wasn’t bad enough to have apps like CarrierIQ pre-installed on our devices which record our every swipe and now this. Researchers at North Carolina University have apparently uncovered some vulnerabilities in some apps that come pre-installed on Android devices that could potentially allow for malicious applications to wreak all kinds of havoc on our phones like sending SMS messages to sign you up for those 3rd party SMS services, record late night conversations with your bff — even factory reset a device and all without any input needed from the user. Fun.

Using a software tool the researchers developed called “Woodpecker,

so much junk on android

ruh oh

30t6p3b.gif

[h2]http://phandroid.com/2011/11/30/mor...e-from-apps-already-installed-on-your-device/[/h2]
[h2]More Android Security Issues Exposed – This Time From Apps Already Installed On Your Device[/h2][table][tr][td] by Chris Chavez on November 30th, 2011 at 9:20 pm[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

It wasn’t bad enough to have apps like CarrierIQ pre-installed on our devices which record our every swipe and now this. Researchers at North Carolina University have apparently uncovered some vulnerabilities in some apps that come pre-installed on Android devices that could potentially allow for malicious applications to wreak all kinds of havoc on our phones like sending SMS messages to sign you up for those 3rd party SMS services, record late night conversations with your bff — even factory reset a device and all without any input needed from the user. Fun.

At this point, it's too much effort and I'm too lazy to even want to worry. Hopefully it never ruins my life, it's a waste of time to even care now 
tired.gif

ruh oh

30t6p3b.gif

[/td][/tr][/table]

Surprised? The gov't been on this...and google been run by them alphabet boys...intelligence, intelligence, intelligence....

Here's a tip: don't do anything stupid or illegal. Problem solved. When I get a cell phone I just assume everything is getting tracked. You guys get worked up over things that don't affect you in any noticeable way.

Back
Top Bottom