Apple iTunes flaw 'allowed government spying' / Android recording everything you do

Verizon Wireless said Thursday it doesn't add to its phones any software from Carrier IQ.

Apple, AT&T, Sprint, HTC, Samsung and T-Mobile have said some of their phones use the software.
Research In Motion and Nokia have said they don't load the software onto their phones.

Trevor Eckhart, the researcher whose report kicked off the uproar, reported that Carrier IQ software runs on Verizon phones as well as those from RIM and Nokia. Developers have reported that they have some evidence that shows some Verizon phones run the software. Verizon did not immediately respond to a request for comment about those findings.

http://www.pcworld.com/bu...carrier_iq_software.html

eyes.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

Verizon Wireless said Thursday it doesn't add to its phones any software from Carrier IQ.

Apple, AT&T, Sprint, HTC, Samsung and T-Mobile have said some of their phones use the software.
Research In Motion and Nokia have said they don't load the software onto their phones.

Trevor Eckhart, the researcher whose report kicked off the uproar, reported that Carrier IQ software runs on Verizon phones as well as those from RIM and Nokia. Developers have reported that they have some evidence that shows some Verizon phones run the software. Verizon did not immediately respond to a request for comment about those findings.

http://www.pcworld.com/bu...carrier_iq_software.html
eyes.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

RIM adds it..

./IQAgent/com/carrieriq/agent/rim/IOSVariant.java:abstract public int getMCC( com.carrieriq.agent.rim.IOSVariant, net.rim.device.api.system.GPRSInfo$GPRSCellInfo );
./IQAgent/com/carrieriq/agent/rim/IOSVariant.java:abstract public int getMNC( com.carrieriq.agent.rim.IOSVariant,

Rim is trying to push off the blame to the network admin of your company..LOL and rim suppose to be secured

If the CarrierIQ application is present on a BlackBerry smartphone, it does not mean that the CarrierIQ application has “hacked

Posting from my Thunderbolt.. if you're reading this Google, !@%! you... Crazy thing is lately I've been thinking of simplifying back to a basic talk/text phone.. just to cut off phone distractions... But its so Damn convenient havig everything in your palm.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Posting from my Thunderbolt.. if you're reading this Google, !@%! you... Crazy thing is lately I've been thinking of simplifying back to a basic talk/text phone.. just to cut off phone distractions... But its so Damn convenient havig everything in your palm.

If you have been reading about this, Google does not partake in Using Carrier IQ. In any of the Google Nexus products or using it in their Android OS. Read please before you start running mouth about something you don't know.

[h1]
[h1]Apple Stopped Supporting Carrier IQ in iOS 5, Complete Removal Coming in Future[/h1]
Thursday December 1, 2011 12:37 pm PST by Eric Slivka

In the wake of significant publicity about Carrier IQ, the mobile phone logging software that is able to transmit data back to carriers, Apple has now issued a statement toAllThingsD noting that the company stopped supporting Carrier IQ with iOS 5 on most of its products and that it will completely remove traces of the software in a future software update.
http://cdn.macrumors.com/images-new/quote.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px 12px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">We stopped supporting CarrierIQ with iOS 5 in most of our products and will remove it completely in a future software update. With any diagnostic data sent to Apple, customers must actively opt-in to share this information, and if they do, the data is sent in an anonymous and encrypted form and does not include any personal information. We never recorded keystrokes, messages or any other personal information for diagnostic data and have no plans to ever do so.Early evidence had suggested that Carrier IQ has been able to capture significantly more information, including keystrokes and other extremely sensitive information, on Android than on iOS. 
[/h1]
[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]http://www.macrumors.com/...emoval-coming-in-future/[/font]

laugh.gif
And now, this is getting national attention from the media. What fun it will be when 100 million people open up their papers and read this.

Man honestly, they're just going to replace it with something that the average user wont find again.

No one should honestly be surprised. They just got caught and the results got interpreted. But the very notion of carriers backing away from it signifies HOW they were using it.

Its like this. The only people that read tech blogs are those who have time to mod their phones and what not. So those are the ONLY people that would find this stuff. Most people I know with smartphones don't have time to add themes or root their phones. They're too busy for that stuff.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Man honestly, they're just going to replace it with something that the average user wont find again.

No one should honestly be surprised. They just got caught and the results got interpreted. But the very notion of carriers backing away from it signifies HOW they were using it.

Its like this. The only people that read tech blogs are those who have time to mod their phones and what not. So those are the ONLY people that would find this stuff. Most people I know with smartphones don't have time to add themes or root their phones. They're too busy for that stuff.

Hackers know how to uncover stuff like this. It's not that easy to hide.

I completely understand the privacy concerns but I don't understand the suspicions that Google is malevolently using the information. What evidence is there for this assumption? Also, if Google included an option to opt-in to this service, would you?

I've been paranoid about this since I updated to a smartphone. I just looked at everything about/involving the technology and it clicked that

OUR LIVES ARE EXPOSED

and even more than we think/ believe. This "discovery" is the evidence.

I thought it was the purp that I had me 'noid, then I realized that we carry our lives in our pockets. On our phones we have FB, Google, email, bank apps, work info, leisure activities, family ....man all of it exposed. Our phones have become our Digital Identification.

It's kinda crazy, I can only imagine what the next 20 years will bring.

With all that said, times are changing and this stuff is more of a reality than ever before. It's not going away....media/government may try to persuade us to think otherwise, but it'll most like be more discreet.

*Makaveli* "but you and I know what's going"*Makaveli*

Back
Top Bottom