Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Just curious, do most of y’all purchase through Apple’s program or directly from your carriers?

Would be much cheaper for me monthly to purchase directly through Apple but curious about the pros and cons.

I just switched to Apple.

Pro- I have apple care now.
-if I got backordered for some reason my order would get prioritized over Verizon’s pre order.

Con
-nothing. Literally.
I’d i had to pick I’d say the fact that they did a credit check for a “loan” for the upgrade program. The upgrade program is technically a loan that charges payment to the credit card you use (can’t be debit) to place the order. that’s my only gripe.

Honestly I got tired of dealing with Verizon too.. customer service all through phone companies is meh at best. Apple is much better.

I just switched to Apple.

Pro- I have apple care now.
-if I got backordered for some reason my order would get prioritized over Verizon’s pre order.

Con
-nothing. Literally.
I’d i had to pick I’d say the fact that they did a credit check for a “loan” for the upgrade program. The upgrade program is technically a loan that charges payment to the credit card you use (can’t be debit) to place the order. that’s my only gripe.

Honestly I got tired of dealing with Verizon too.. customer service all through phone companies is meh at best. Apple is much better.

exactly. The updgrade program literally has 0 cons. No interest for 24 months, you have the option of upgrading everytime a new phone comes out, OR, if you dont want to upgrade, after 24 payments, you own the phone.

exactly. The updgrade program literally has 0 cons. No interest for 24 months, you have the option of upgrading everytime a new phone comes out, OR, if you dont want to upgrade, after 24 payments, you own the phone.

Didn't apple put the upgrade program in place to drive up the base price of the iphone on everyone faster while making it look like a better deal for everyone even though its really not?

Didn't apple put the upgrade program in place to drive up the base price of the iphone on everyone faster while making it look like a better deal for everyone even though its really not?

Yup. Not just Apple though....All the main carriers.

Not many can afford to pay $1000 up front for a phone (which is what I would do to not increase my monthly bill), but they can if they are only paying $30 for 2 years straight.

IMO, without that option, new iPhones or any major phone wouldnt sell well at all.

PO

You don’t have to upgrade every year, if you don’t have a phone currently being paid, you don’t get charged. It’s a 0% interest loan. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

If I plan on keeping a phone longer than two years I usually just buy it outright. With the X I put half down that way i could upgrade this year to the Xs Max version.

If you chose to lease, it makes more sense to use one of the lease options the carriers or Apple has versus a credit card due to the 0% interest offering.

my girl got the i think 7 or 6s
i JUST hopped on att and just decided to get her a 64gb xs
gonna surprise her
delivery for fri
I got me a x last year
almost jumped the gun and got me one but changed my mind

my girl got the i think 7 or 6s
i JUST hopped on att and just decided to get her a 64gb xs
gonna surprise her
delivery for fri
I got me a x last year
almost jumped the gun and got me one but changed my mind

Bruh you just COULDN'T help yourself, huh? :smh: :lol:

You know damn well you aint buy that phone for her. You bout to swap sim cards and surprise wifey with a repackaged iphone X

:smh: :rofl:

Bruh you just COULDN'T help yourself, huh? :smh: :lol:

You know damn well you aint buy that phone for her. You bout to swap sim cards and surprise wifey with a repackaged iphone X

:smh: :rofl:

tenor.gif

You don’t have to upgrade every year, if you don’t have a phone currently being paid, you don’t get charged. It’s a 0% interest loan. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

If I plan on keeping a phone longer than two years I usually just buy it outright. With the X I put half down that way i could upgrade this year to the Xs Max version.

If you chose to lease, it makes more sense to use one of the lease options the carriers or Apple has versus a credit card due to the 0% interest offering.

If you lease through apple don't you have to pay apple care?

Want to see the phones in person to see if i really need an OLED screen vs just getting an Xr. Coming from an iphone 6...its about time

If you lease through apple don't you have to pay apple care?

Want to see the phones in person to see if i really need an OLED screen vs just getting an Xr. Coming from an iphone 6...its about time

You have the option to not have Apple care if you finance with Apple, however without the Apple care option you forfeit the annual upgrade option. Which I think is bogus

I was reading somewhere apple was making a phone that could be used with all phone networks. Will any of these new phones have that or is that next year?

What are the best clear cases? Anything that doesn’t yellow? I saw a Spigen w/ Flex material on Amazon and an Ainope, but I’m afraid the Ainope might be a hard rubber I’m trying to avoid. Any higher quality recommendations? I’d hate to throw a $10 case that Yellows on this Xs Max lol.

i dont understand why none of yall are on the apple upgrade program.

The con that I see is you’re strapped down to a monthly payment. If you buy it outright you don’t have a monthly payment. You can also sell it whenever you want or keep it for however many years you want to.

The con that I see is you’re strapped down to a monthly payment. If you buy it outright you don’t have a monthly payment. You can also sell it whenever you want or keep it for however many years you want to.

you can also pay it off early. it’s not like you’re saving money buy pay for it up front. with these programs you’re just spreading the payments out

Is your regular cell phone bill a regular monthly payment? :nerd: If you buy the phone outright in 1 large payment vs buying the phone over 24 months ( how phone upgrades used to be) wouldn’t you still own the phone and be able to sell it or keep it for many years? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom