Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
turns out the ipad i got from amazon renewed is the wifi+celluar model. i might take the service off of my apple watch and switch to having it on my ipad
How did you go about finding a renewed ipad on amazon? Looking into the 11 Pro. Looking at swappa at the moment and wanted to price compare.

How did you go about finding a renewed ipad on amazon? Looking into the 11 Pro. Looking at swappa at the moment and wanted to price compare.

12.9 inch
Amazon product ASIN B07Q4F7Q9C
11 inch
Amazon product ASIN B07QT8RTV2
prices changes depending on who providing the renewed device for amazon. I jumped on when it dipped to $750 for the 12.9 inch pro, but ive seen them dip lower and occasionally amazon will have promos as well.

tenor.gif

Apple did some shady stuff leading up to this. Up until a month or so ago, apples Magic Mouse and track pad were fully compatible with the iPad Pro and then they removed compatibility. I’m hoping with this new release and inevitable iPadOS update to follow they bring back compatibility. I’m happy with my current set up and really don’t want to drop $350 on the keyboaed.

AF9F87A0-DC6D-4A5D-A07A-543F64F6C1A9.jpeg

Apple did some shady stuff leading up to this. Up until a month or so ago, apples Magic Mouse and track pad were fully compatible with the iPad Pro and then they removed compatibility. I’m hoping with this new release and inevitable iPadOS update to follow they bring back compatibility. I’m happy with my current set up and really don’t want to drop $350 on the keyboaed.

:lol: you know exactly what they are doing... removed that support to force you to buy the new keyboard

:lol: you know exactly what they are doing... removed that support to force you to buy the new keyboard

Exactly! And at $350 too. Sheesh
Brydge is releasing their own, which is essentially their current keyboard with a track pad and it keeps the whole MacBook aesthetic going and is a $120 cheaper

Anyone know the difference between processors? A12X vs A12Z?

I have a 11 Pro 256 LTE with Brydge Keyboard that I just got as a package. For $700

I can return it but the equivalent is the 128gb LTE at $899 then I’d have to add any cost in Keyboard I get. Not really trippin on the camera but would like to know about the processor difference

Anyone know the difference between processors? A12X vs A12Z?

I have a 11 Pro 256 LTE with Brydge Keyboard that I just got as a package. For $700

I can return it but the equivalent is the 128gb LTE at $899 then I’d have to add any cost in Keyboard I get. Not really trippin on the camera but would like to know about the processor difference

"50% better and faster!" and other hard to specify stats, is what Apple will say during their launch / announcement

"50% better and faster!" and other hard to specify stats, is what Apple will say during their launch / announcement
Got a link to this? May be worth it for a 50% spec bump, at this price point I’d want the best speed I can get since it’ll be replacing my laptop for the foreseeable future. My workflow has changed with proper touchpad implementatiion.

That new iPad is tempting, if I was still in school I would jump all over it. My Air satisfies my casual needs

Does anyone know if the MacBook Air would suffice for recording music or do I need a pro? It’s not gonna be extreme studio quality and I’m not producing so it won’t take up huge amounts of space. Just don’t know if the air is enough for what isn’t tying to do. Was set on the pro but saving a little money is always helpful.

Got a link to this? May be worth it for a 50% spec bump, at this price point I’d want the best speed I can get since it’ll be replacing my laptop for the foreseeable future. My workflow has changed with proper touchpad implementatiion.

No, it was just a joke about how Apple gives generic stats during their events

Does anyone know if the MacBook Air would suffice for recording music or do I need a pro? It’s not gonna be extreme studio quality and I’m not producing so it won’t take up huge amounts of space. Just don’t know if the air is enough for what isn’t tying to do. Was set on the pro but saving a little money is always helpful.

are you going to be doing any mixing on your computer or you just going to be using it for recording?

If you’re just using it for recording I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to get the air. You would obviously have to track out everything you recorded to save in space, but I would still get the pro iiwm

are you going to be doing any mixing on your computer or you just going to be using it for recording?

If you’re just using it for recording I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to get the air. You would obviously have to track out everything you recorded to save in space, but I would still get the pro iiwm
It would really just be recording on logic. Then again, does logic even work on the air? I know Apple offers it with the pro. Ive been recorded in studios over the years and with friends on their computers but I don’t even know the ins and outs of mixing. It’s all going to be a learning experience which I’m actually excited for. Basically just curious if the air can perform well enough to handle recording, if it’s quick enough and if space would be an issue. It will just be me over beats and simple mixing I guess.

It would really just be recording on logic. Then again, does logic even work on the air? I know Apple offers it with the pro. Ive been recorded in studios over the years and with friends on their computers but I don’t even know the ins and outs of mixing. It’s all going to be a learning experience which I’m actually excited for. Basically just curious if the air can perform well enough to handle recording, if it’s quick enough and if space would be an issue. It will just be me over beats and simple mixing I guess.

I would just get the MBP. The price difference is worth it to me

I’m not sure if you’ll run into any latency issues while recording if you get the air.

Logic would probably work with the air, but depending on how many plug-ins you download you may want the extra space with the MBP

I’m not sure if you’ll run into any latency issues while recording if you get the air.

Logic would probably work with the air, but depending on how many plug-ins you download you may want the extra space with the MBP
Def comes down to RAM when you are working in the plug-ins. I think to be fully satisfied with the new MBA youd have to go with the quad core, plus more ram. You are in MBP territory at that point.

Def comes down to RAM when you are working in the plug-ins. I think to be fully satisfied with the new MBA youd have to go with the quad core, plus more ram. You are in MBP territory at that point.
Thank you both. Do any of the newer pros have the scissor keyboards or just butterfly? I don’t want that butterfly joint.

Back
Top Bottom