Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Other than Safari profiles (love this feature in my main browser Firefox), Sonoma is a meh update for me

How much screen time are y’all getting on your 15 pro? So far I’m averaging about 5.5 hours which honestly is pretty damn bad as I don’t do anything on my phone except browse IG/Twitter/NT and iMessage.

Been reading reports all over that the battery is ****ty across the board except for the 15 plus.

Not sure about how the max should be in terms of battery life but it is longer than my 12P. Not AS long as I’d expect but then again I’ve been on it a lot lately.
I’ve averaging usage of 5.5hrs but always have 30%+ at the end of the day. Not bad but not as great as they advertised.

I sound like a broken record but I really hate the battery for my 14PM.

Agreed, 14PM was the first iPhone I had checked by Apple because I was positive it was defective.

It passed their test so I had to pay more attention to the apps that were indicated as power hogs but that's something I never had to do with the 13PM.

Jury is still out on the 15PM, but I am using it heavy heavy... haven't been annoyed by the battery drain yet but not impressed either. This post prompted me to activate monitoring.

Agreed, 14PM was the first iPhone I had checked by Apple because I was positive it was defective.

It passed their test so I had to pay more attention to the apps that were indicated as power hogs but that's something I never had to do with the 13PM.

Jury is still out on the 15PM, but I am using it heavy heavy... haven't been annoyed by the battery drain yet but not impressed either. This post prompted me to activate monitoring.

I should have took mine in earlier to get looked at. When I first bought the phone I backed up from my last device so I thought that was the problem. Started as new and I thought it helped but naw this battery is just not good. 11PM is the goat battery.

Decided to hold out for now. Way too many issues in the beginning and not good enough for me to upgrade from my 12 pro yet.

Updated my 13 Pro to iOS 17 and Imma be honest. I'm not a big fan.

I for sure hate the messages update. I need to take an extra step to access my keyboards.
Yeah, not a fan of the list feature to access the keyboards.

I have no issues with my 13PM. The battery does drain fairly quickly and my battery life is at 90%. Think I'll go for the 16 (maybe) depending on the features and design

BEEN IN TRAINING FOR WORK ALL DAY LONG, WAS ON MY PHONE (NET/PHONE CALL) ON 1HR LUNCH BREAK. IM CURRENTLY AT 81%, PHONE BEEN OFF THE CHARGER SINCE 7AM. NOT BAD I GUESS. (15PM)

ULTRA WATCH 1 HASN’T BEEN CHARGED IN TWO DAYS, CURRENTLY AT 18%. (8+ HRS OF WEAR)

Phone came in early. Going to record opening it just ine cDe I have any factory defects so they don't pin it on me.
20230928_120853~2.jpg

After my irritating experience at the other official Apple replace in town I had an appointment after work today to get my 12 mini battery replaced at the actual Apple store. Chose the last appointment because I can get away without it on a Friday and that means I could go back at the weekend if it wasn’t done.

But, they could hardly have been more helpful and it was done within the hour.

IMG_6429.png

Didn’t even have to restore my data. Could have really done with it when I was away last week - using the maps was killing it and I started carrying a charger thing with me which I had to use after lunch.

Looking forward to being out all day and not worrying about it.

What was your delivery window?
It was the 9th to 23rd I think.
Screenshot_20230928_124048_Gmail.jpg

Some observations:
-S21+ has brighter reds and blues even though they both used AMOLED.
-S21+ is more comfortable to hold since it's completely curved, thinner, and less wide.
-15 Pro Max UI is smoother and slower-paced while the S21+ is faster but has more "hiccups/hanging". 2 year old phone vs brand new device so it's understandable.
-The camera lenses are huge!!!

I'm going to hold up on set-up for now since I don't have my case until later this evening. But I'm hyped to relearn this ecosystem and tbh, I was just bored and wanted to try something new and loved the Magsafe tech and Airtags being used on other devices like wallets and bikes.
IMG_5270.jpg
IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5268.jpg
20230928_122914.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to flood this thread, but I got the cases and Screen protector in so now I gotta decide if I want to use the more stylish and grippy case:
20230928_155121.jpg

....Or the more elegant but more slippery case with the magsafe stand built in:
20230928_154828.jpg

Back
Top Bottom