Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
Not the best idea. It technically delivers too much current than needed and you're charging it too fast and destroying the battery cells
I wouldn't say he is false in his post.... the reduction of the life of the battery probably is minimal in the beginning  but does degrade... so while it helps charge faster Id be interested to see how these new batteries hold up overtime 

The article you posted only mentioned the new batteries has a higher capacity nothing more... He also mentioned early testing so Id take it with a grain of salt... give it a few months and a more creditable study 

My question is how fast do you guys need to charge your phone...  I mean I go a full wrk day without charging 

I've done this study in my EE and Chem courses.

Using more than the recommended amount over saturates the battery with electrons. It destroys the "surface" of the lithium atoms and they lose their ability to "hold" electrons over time. That's why 100% at six months has less electrons than 100% at 1 month.

Not the same but, same concept: I used a stronger charger for my laptop, took 3 years, but slowly knocked out the battery. Took out the shop and they told me it was cause I used the stronger charger then was intended and had it charged when it didn't need to be charged for prolonged periods.

I think the biggest thing is we all usually charge our phones while we sleep in return the phone sits charging longer than it needs which kills the battery over the course of 2 years (assuming by the time we upgrade)

Just hit my friend up who is a rep for AT&T about this deal and he said it does in fact end today but the prices they are offering are:

"200 for iPhone 4 4s 5 5c .... 300 for 5s"

This is true. I ordered one through ATT.com & skipped Apple, who has them in in-stock near me, just to be able to trade in my 5 at a $200 credit. If i placed an order on ATT anytime after today, the value drops dramatically to as low as $40.

Selling on eBay after all fees you will net around the same amount, so instead of dealing with the hassle, I wanted to do this.

I was told that once the phone is delivered, you will receive trade-in promotional code via email that allows you to trade in your phone online at the $200 value. Without the code you cannot get the full value. I don't think ATT will extend the offer, so if you did not order an iPhone by 11:59 PM on 9/30, you cannot trade in i4-5c for 200.

PO

ihust1e ihust1e Majority of ppl use Spigen cases. Check amazon for cheap prices

I personally use the Apple leather case

I tried Spigen but thought the Griffin reveal case was the best. By far. You can get them through Griffin or eBay. They are really well made compared to the similar Spigen one.

This is true. I ordered one through ATT.com & skipped Apple, who has them in in-stock near me, just to be able to trade in my 5 at a $200 credit. If i placed an order on ATT anytime after today, the value drops dramatically to as low as $40.

Selling on eBay after all fees you will net around the same amount, so instead of dealing with the hassle, I wanted to do this.

I was told that once the phone is delivered, you will receive trade-in promotional code via email that allows you to trade in your phone online at the $200 value. Without the code you cannot get the full value. I don't think ATT will extend the offer, so if you did not order an iPhone by 11:59 PM on 9/30, you cannot trade in i4-5c for 200.

PO

Same reason I went ahead and ordered through sprint. Got $405 for our 2 4S iPhones. I waited until today to see if I'd be able to find the 6+ I wanted in store but no luck.

So using the iPad 12w charger to charge my 4S and iPod touch 5th gen will damage my battery by it not lasting as long? It may be too late now lol

I think the biggest thing is we all usually charge our phones while we sleep in return the phone sits charging longer than it needs which kills the battery over the course of 2 years (assuming by the time we upgrade)

I heard that this doesnt matter because once the phone reaches 100% it stops charging automatically. Could be wrong though.

Just hit my friend up who is a rep for AT&T about this deal and he said it does in fact end today but the prices they are offering are:

"200 for iPhone 4 4s 5 5c .... 300 for 5s"

PO
i was told all I needed was my receipt showing purchase date was before the 30th. If I don't get my full $200 because I don't have an email code, Imma be pissed.

I heard that this doesnt matter because once the phone reaches 100% it stops charging automatically. Could be wrong though.
I've heard that too but I think my sister's 4 battery became trash because she would leave it charging over night, staying at 100%. But I'm not sure either

I've heard that too but I think my sister's 4 battery became trash because she would leave it charging over night, staying at 100%. But I'm not sure either
I think this is why my S3 battery was crap. Along with my crappy reception in my work building draining battery searching for service. But by mid day my battery would be at 50-60% and if I used it damn near 20-30%

But I would charge it and love it plugged up all night I'd say it stayed in the charged at least 2-3 hours after it was full.

Apple rep told me these new iPhones have something built in to stop pulling power once they reach 100%

Are there any iPhone 6 pluses in Houston in 128 gb...I been looking everywhere and no dice...only a few more days before I have to return my 6

I swear the Apple Store is messing with me. Check at 5. They got black 128 6+. Put it in my cart try to checkout error. Look back it's unavailable now. Saw the gold one was available same thing happened. Maybe this was better for me I really only need 64 gb so I'll save 100$ but hopefully they restock soon.

So Apple tv has moviebox on it already or do u gotta get a jailbroken iPhone 6???
It's not on Apple tv and it's not a jbt just check a couple pages back for the link
Any idea what page....i hate NT search function.

I have MovieBox on my Jailbroken ipad 2 and i load movies from there directly to my PS3.  But since my ipad 2 is running super old software i can't update movie box and i have to delete old Cache files to even get it to open properly.  It normally won't even open.  It is basically the only reason i still have my ipad2 running old software.  If i could get movie box on ios8 it would be appreciated. 

edit:

Last edited:
128 6+ in gold set for pick up today. After placing the order, I was thinking that maybe I'd rather go for next, my job basically adds money for me to pay for my personal mobile plan since I have to use my personal phone for work stuff. Does the apple store let you change the order in store or will I lose the 6+ if I go and return it and rebut using Next today?

damm...

My lock button on my iPhone 4s broke yesterday; it just stays pressed down. If I press hard enough, it locks.

I watched a youtube video on the repair -- it looks fun actually 

this better work 
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom