Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
411DC3B9-75FF-4587-A3D6-41DD6A69BCB8.png
They trippin :rofl:

I’m being dead serious. It’s a legit issue.
Edit found the fix:

How to fix the annoying ! [?] text bug on iPhone and iPad
How do you fix the I️ autocorrect bug on iPhone and iPad? With this Text Replacement trick or a 3rd-party keyboard!
RENE RITCHIE
4 Nov 2017
ios-autocorrect-bug.jpg

There's a weird bug going around where the letter I is showing up as I️ (an exclamation mark with a box, originally containing the letter A, now the letter !). No one seems to know exactly what's causing the bug but it does seem to come from the autocorrect system.

Apple is going to fix the bug permanently in a future software update but, for now, the company is already offering a temporary workaround.

How to use Text Replacement to fix the I️ bug
  1. Launch Settings from your Home screen.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Tap on Keyboard.

autocorrect-bug-screens-01.jpg

4. Tap on Text Replacement.
  5. Tap on Add (looks like +).
  6. Type I for Phrase.
  7. Type i for Shortcut.
  8. Tap Done.

autocorrect-bug-screens-02.jpg
How to use a third-party keyboard to fix the I️ bug
If the Text Replacement fix doesn't work for you, you can install a 3rd party keyboard from the App Store. Since 3rd-party keyboards can't access the iOS autocorrect system, they can't experience the bug.

Any questions?

Last edited:
I’m a fan of good tech regardless of the companies, and while I will say I lean slightly towards Apple due to the eco system I have etc, lately they’ve been dropping the ball on the software side. They are almost at 2k levels when I comes to patches(software updates) Seems like each update introduces new issues.
8892F80C-6E41-4F9C-A29C-0E396264752B.gif

I’m being dead serious. It’s a legit issue.
Edit found the fix:

How to fix the annoying ! [?] text bug on iPhone and iPad
How do you fix the I️ autocorrect bug on iPhone and iPad? With this Text Replacement trick or a 3rd-party keyboard!
RENE RITCHIE
4 Nov 2017
ios-autocorrect-bug.jpg

There's a weird bug going around where the letter I is showing up as I️ (an exclamation mark with a box, originally containing the letter A, now the letter !). No one seems to know exactly what's causing the bug but it does seem to come from the autocorrect system.

Apple is going to fix the bug permanently in a future software update but, for now, the company is already offering a temporary workaround.

How to use Text Replacement to fix the I️ bug
  1. Launch Settings from your Home screen.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Tap on Keyboard.

autocorrect-bug-screens-01.jpg

4. Tap on Text Replacement.
  5. Tap on Add (looks like +).
  6. Type I for Phrase.
  7. Type i for Shortcut.
  8. Tap Done.

autocorrect-bug-screens-02.jpg
How to use a third-party keyboard to fix the I️ bug
If the Text Replacement fix doesn't work for you, you can install a 3rd party keyboard from the App Store. Since 3rd-party keyboards can't access the iOS autocorrect system, they can't experience the bug.

Any questions?

I know it's a real issue, I just figured most people knew about it lol. Repped for posting a fix though.

still patiently waiting for my X...at&t still shows in progress estimated shipping Nov. 2 - 10
Hopefully you get something soon. I had to cancel my order with att and pick one up in the Apple store, att just continued to give me the run around too much

Is there anyway to prevent audio from let's say a podcast or music, from being interrupted by inadvertent audio, let's say a Safari ad? I've had this beef with iOS since forever but wondering if there's a solution.

Ideally I don't want a program or music I'm listening to be interrupted under any circumstances. If I'm listening to music and simultaneously browsing safari and I come across a highlight or video I want to watch, I should be able to play that video with the default option of not having my music interrupted with the video just playing on mute.

But I'll settle for just silencing these damn Safari adds that are on autoplay.

Girl needed an upgrade.

We both looked at the 8plus and x

She ended up with the 8plus

I have a 6s (work phone) and a 7plus

No reason for me to get the 8 plus, looks exactly like my 7plus

The “X” honestly was a big let down to me in person. Size wise, it’s as big as my 6s. So with both phones turned off it’s like I have the same phone. The “x” being more narrow than my 7plus was kind of a deal breaker. I thought having a longer taller screen would be a plus. But having it more narrow made me just wait til it’s readily more available.

My girl went for the 8plus cause it’s a big upgrade from her “6”. She got it from Best Buy And was able to BOGO with two 8plus’. She gave the other to her mom.

Is there anyway to prevent audio from let's say a podcast or music, from being interrupted by inadvertent audio, let's say a Safari ad? I've had this beef with iOS since forever but wondering if there's a solution.

Ideally I don't want a program or music I'm listening to be interrupted under any circumstances. If I'm listening to music and simultaneously browsing safari and I come across a highlight or video I want to watch, I should be able to play that video with the default option of not having my music interrupted with the video just playing on mute.

But I'll settle for just silencing these damn Safari adds that are on autoplay.

Use a safari ad blocker

The X reminds me a lot of the 5. Not in terms of the shape but mainly the length vs width ratio. I honestly don’t have a problem with it other than a few software complaints and overall oversights on apples part, but the X is still an upgrade imo. Coming from the 8plus, the camera jump isn’t huge but aesthetically it’s definitely “new”. With that said, imma need that X Plus frfr next year. The X needs just a tad bit more width and a larger battery.

The X reminds me a lot of the 5. Not in terms of the shape but mainly the length vs width ratio. I honestly don’t have a problem with it other than a few software complaints and overall oversights on apples part, but the X is still an upgrade imo. Coming from the 8plus, the camera jump isn’t huge but aesthetically it’s definitely “new”. With that said, imma need that X Plus frfr next year. The X needs just a tad bit more width and a larger battery.

The X has the largest battery of all the iPhones.

The X has the largest battery of all the iPhones.

Coming from the plus line, they really do have all day battery with extensive screen on time. This is only my first full day with the X so I’m curious to see how well this battery last

Back
Top Bottom