Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
New to iPhone from Android. Grabbed an SE for it's smaller size. Is there anyway to see that you have a notification while your screen is black?

For example, on my S7 I knew I had a text or something when I came back to my desk because there would be a little blinking blue dot until I acknowledged it. Any similar feature on the iPhone?

Do you have anything else Apple like an Apple watch, iPad or Macbook?

My iPhone 7 Plus is starting to crap out on me. Getting real sluggish. Anyways I’m looking to upgrade. The 12 Pro and Max is out the picture due to price. 11 has a nice price of $599. Should I go ahead and go with that or pay more for the 12? Is the 12that much of a difference from the 11 to justify $200-$300 more? Had the 7 plus for almost 5 years so anything would be an upgrade :lol:

My iPhone 7 Plus is starting to crap out on me. Getting real sluggish. Anyways I’m looking to upgrade. The 12 Pro and Max is out the picture due to price. 11 has a nice price of $599. Should I go ahead and go with that or pay more for the 12? Is the 12that much of a difference from the 11 to justify $200-$300 more? Had the 7 plus for almost 5 years so anything would be an upgrade :lol:
Just cop a slightly used 11 Pro

Yea that's what I’m thinking. Not enough differences for me to even realize Btwn the 12 pro and 11 pro if I’m on an 8plus lol. I never take pictures only surf and text lol

How do you like the 12 Pro Max? I’m debating if I want to grab it or not?

The design was worth the price of the admission for me. I love it, but coming from the 11 PM the upgrade otherwise is incremental. I went from 256 to 512 on the space so that I can hold on to it for a good while. If you're coming from a 7/8/X/XS then it's an upgrade IMO.

Im on a GS8+ but looking at either Note 20 Ultra or one of these iPhones. So 12 pro max is the latest released of them, whats different from 12-Pro-Pro Max?

Just trying to decipher what route to take if i jump in to an iphone with a trade deal from vzw. Havent had one since the 4G (although everything else i use is apple: ipads macbook ipod)

Edit: looked at spec comparisons 12/12Pro roughly the same physically diff internal features.

12 Pro Max a bigger,boosted 12 Pro is what im gathering. Price wise monthly is like a $6 difference it appears

Last edited:
I went ahead and upgraded from a 7 plus to a 12. Was contemplating a 12 pro but the difference between the two wasn’t worth the price difference. Considered a 11 as well decided against it.

Should get a good 5 years out of this phone.

Can anyone recommend a good case? I bought this case from Amazon but I don’t like the way it feels when I hold it.

Last edited:
Im on a GS8+ but looking at either Note 20 Ultra or one of these iPhones. So 12 pro max is the latest released of them, whats different from 12-Pro-Pro Max?

12 Pro is actually smaller phone than 12 and Pro Max?
12 Pro Max is bigger battery, better camera, biggest size?
12 mix-match of above things?

Just trying to decipher what route to take if i jump in to an iphone with a trade deal from vzw. Havent had one since the 4G (although everything else i use is apple: ipads macbook ipod)
Go on the Apple site/ Apple store app and you can do a side by side comparison of all of those
12 pro max is the “top of the line” model right now. Biggest size, camera, battery, etc
i have one now I’ll be sticking with it for a few years

My Series 1 Apple Watch battery swelled up on me and pushed the watch face up and away from the housing, went ahead a copped a Series 3 for $100 brand new. I could’ve gotten the Series 6, but I just didn’t see the need as I only use the watch for the gym and quick notifications. Am I really missing out on anything?

My Series 1 Apple Watch battery swelled up on me and pushed the watch face up and away from the housing, went ahead a copped a Series 3 for $100 brand new. I could’ve gotten the Series 6, but I just didn’t see the need as I only use the watch for the gym and quick notifications. Am I really missing out on anything?
The series 3 is already old, you were better off paying up for the SE atleast

You’ll prob need to upgrade that 3 next year

just my opinion

I went ahead and upgraded from a 7 plus to a 12. Was contemplating a 12 pro but the difference between the two wasn’t worth the price difference. Considered a 11 as well decided against it.

Should get a good 5 years out of this phone.

Can anyone recommend a good case? I bought this case from Amazon but I don’t like the way it feels when I hold it.

I'm a fan of the Apple silicone case. Walmart also had the Incipio case which was nice for like $12 and a Speck case for $20 and some change.

Definitely not buying another phone until 2024. Coming from a 8, the only significant change I’ve seen is the full screen and Face ID, which sucks in the dark. The increased storage I got has served me better than anything else.

Definitely not buying another phone until 2024. Coming from a 8, the only significant change I’ve seen is the full screen and Face ID, which sucks in the dark. The increased storage I got has served me better than anything else.

definitely prefer Touch ID as this Face ID has become a nuisance with mask etc.

Only reason I upgraded from a 8 to a 12 mini was it was free. Actually liking the size and weight decrease.

promax gang or dont bang

:lol:

Anyone do the bill credits deal? Ive talked with a rep in chat and they said "it could" take 1-2cycles before they kick in but normally its on the next bill. What happens if say it doesnt on the first 2, do you get double credit at some point for those missed 2 bills? i asked but they just kept implying "youll get it"

Back
Top Bottom