Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • Case

Votes: 279 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 55 12.1%

• Total voters
serious question, what do you guys do on your personal MacBooks?

I don’t even understand how much better they can get for the average user.

browse the web, study, watch shows lol.

my M1 Mac mini is still running strong so I dont see myself upgrading anytime soon.

I use my macbook air for work though.

I have a macbook pro that my company lets me use but I dont use it cause im not a fan of the 16in display.

Emails, documents, Teams/Zoom meetings when I am working from home; surfing the web, YouTube, NT, etc. Not much honestly.

Actually typing this post from my new M2 15'' Macbook Air that just arrived a few hours ago. It was between this and the M2 Pro, but given what I use my comp for, I decided I didn't need a Pro. So far, I am really enjoying the Air. The transition from my old MBP, which was a mid-year 2010 model, to this model has been something. The difference in tech. and functionality are really wild. So here's the scary reason why I transitioned to the Air:

Last week, I noticed my 2010 MBP acting wild. Basically, while working, I would lose control of the comp...almost like I had been locked out. At the same time, in real-time, the pointer would start navigating to different things on the screen and just start clicking and trying to access different apps, seemingly looking for stuff. Literally, just yesterday, as I was comparing specs on different Mac models, on the Apple website, I lost control again and when I showed my wife, she said it looked like someone had hacked me. She pretty much said out loud what I had been thinking. I reached that conclusion because my MBP stopped receiving updates ages ago given how old it was (I think my MacOS was 10.3). When I even took it to the Apple store this weekend to see if they could diagnose the problem that I was experiencing, the lead tech even said they couldn't run a diagnostic because it was too old; anyway, I suspect that because my comp was ancient, as far as tech goes, there was some security issue that was being exploited by some unknown party, allowing them to gain access to my comp remotely. I never stored financial documents on my comp., so I am good in that respect, but still scary though.

I got a good 13-year run from my MBP--the longest I've ever had a computer. This is why I personally **** with Macs; the longest a Windows-based PC ever lasted me was about 4 years. Even so, I hate that Apple stopped updating my MBP. I get the "business", but planned obsolescence is BS...:lol::smh:

They just got us M2 Pros for work, and to be honest I don’t even scratch the surface of that things capabilities.

trcl7xaw7dxb1.jpg

Havent used a computer in years.

iPad provides the best experience since its mobile with a bigger screen.

I’ve had the same iPad mini for a few years - but it still works great and is immaculate so I didn’t see much point in changing it. The case was getting pretty scruffy so I bought a new one. Just went to change it and noticed my iPad is bent - it’s like the frame is pulled away slightly at the top corner. I don’t think it’s the battery swelling or anything - it almost looks like it just pulled the adhesive when I took the case off.

Anyway, just ordered the new version. Looking forward to it but I’m also a bit irritated.

Back
Top Bottom