Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
financially it makes sense to do the payment plan just pure time value of money since its technically a 0% interest loan. But im old school and would rather pay up front full value and own the phone.

I am not a fan of the giant screen since my phone is used a ton at the gym and the big phone is annoying to carry around. But seems like big screens is the wave....
Concur, I hate paying monthly for anything not trying to come across as a baller or anything. Just hate doing it, I went 3, 4, 5, S6, S7. I love the idea and features of the X, but I think the large screen size will deter me from getting it. Many waves have come that I haven't jumped on the large screen one is no longer for me. Probably get the 8 256 and the watch, for those in for the X good luck on getting.
Best Buy not getting the X? They sent me an ad for the 8
They probably are but it makes better business sense to try and get the customer now instead of possibly getting them later. For example when dealerships lie and say they don't know when they get the model truck in so they are selling last years at a higher price.

wow my 7+ JB 128GB worth $425 on trade up. Means i could probably get more on CL.

But for anyone on Verizon who traded in their phones and received the monthly payment from Verizon to offset the iphone 7 monthly payments on here?

I want to upgrade to the X but afraid i will lose my monthly installments i receive from verizon for trading in my 6 for a 7.

There's some design elements on the X I don't like. The notch obviously and the traffic light vertical camera bothers me, looks android-y. The white option should have had a white front. I'm more excited for what's to come net year, I get a beta vibe from the X.

The notch is low key ugly. I’m back on the damn fence. Get the 8+ or get the X. I feel like the reduction in size may be a lot larger in person if you are coming from the Plus models. I ordered a X case so hopefully it isn’t too small. Will post pics for comparison when it comes in.

I personally think Steve would've fired the whole team off of that keynote. It was really unenthusiastic. I don't understand why they would do what they did with the naming, why would you make the iPhone 8 look like the inferior product by introducing an IPhone 10 right beside it? Just call it "iPhone 2018" and market it as a working prototype instead of having the main selling point not working properly on stage.

I personally think Steve would've fired the whole team off of that keynote. It was really unenthusiastic. I don't understand why they would do what they did with the naming, why would you make the iPhone 8 look like the inferior product by introducing an IPhone 10 right beside it? Just call it "iPhone 2018" and market it as a working prototype instead of having the main selling point not working properly on stage.

The main selling point did work. However what did happen was him picking up the wrong iPhone X. The first one was trying to authenticate someone else's face. Once he picked up the correct one, it worked. It wouldve been brilliant if he tried it and played it off as the phone not unlocking because it wasn't his to showcase how secure it was.

Some of you who pay cash/full for the phone, your credit and even some debit have extra protection and extend warranty and even cover lost or stolen

Never done it so I don't know how easy or how it works but I gotta read over the details of my debit card I know they cover a ton (just found out) might be a way to avoid Apple care and go that route

Yea Amex will just replace/get it fixed. I am buying with my Barclay most likely. Need to read up on their included warranty. Apple care is pointless unless you break your screen more than once.

What are the odds X preorders actually get shipped in a timely manner. They had to delay RD due to yield issues, this sounds worse than the jet black 7.

financially it makes sense to do the payment plan just pure time value of money since its technically a 0% interest loan. But im old school and would rather pay up front full value and own the phone. I don't even sell my phones when im done because they are usually 2-3 years old. I basically went iphone 1 to iphone 3 to iphone 4S to iphone 6. I think i have them all still in a drawer. I use my 4S as my puppy cam to make sure my dog is cool during the day :lol:.

Think im going to hold on to my 6 for another couple of months until the 8 becomes more available. I am not a fan of the giant screen since my phone is used a ton at the gym and the big phone is annoying to carry around. But seems like big screens is the wave....

I have a feeling this won't be that much of an issue. I'm going with the 8 +. I prefer the size of that over the X personally.

came across this pic online..

this is how the iPhone X should have handled the 'notch' at the top.

i would get the galaxy s8 if it wasn't for how much i use apple pay. android pay isn't available where i am.

DJornobUMAE_x6Q.jpg

What are the odds X preorders actually get shipped in a timely manner. They had to delay RD due to yield issues, this sounds worse than the jet black 7.
That 7+ release day was horrible. I pre ordered my wifes phone and she received it a month and a half after the release date. She was one of the ones who bought a Note 7 and had to return. Sprint did nothing for those customers.

Im honestly expecting about a month to 3 month delay.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/14/apple-face-id-didnt-fail-keynote/

"Tonight, I was able to contact Apple. After examining the logs of the demo iPhone X, they now know exactly what went down. Turns out my first theory in this story was wrong--but my first UPDATE theory above was correct: "People were handling the device for stage demo ahead of time," says a rep, "and didn't realize Face ID was trying to authenticate their face. After failing a number of times, because they weren't Craig, the iPhone did what it was designed to do, which was to require his passcode." In other words, "Face ID worked as it was designed to."

Sounds nice and all. Doesn't matter honestly.
Face ID will work similarly to Iris ID for Samsung. The only question is if you can fake your way into it with either a video or a picture

Back
Top Bottom